Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #633
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
I agree with most of your thoughts. Especially about the user pass defense. Just a word of advice. Never go in and look at the replay when you called a zone defense. Linebackers just sit there as guys run through their zone. It's infuriating g. I don't know if it's because I'm on All Madden or what, but it's maddening. Don't know how to fix that.

Other than that, I love this game.
Yeah, I've definitely gone back and seen some weird stuff happening. I've played on All-Pro and All-Madden on defaults and 100-100 and there isn't really any difference in coverage, the CPU QB is just more dumb. And I've gone into practice and ran some plays and changed settings and there does seem to be a negative difference between 0 and 100 so it's not reversed, just bad. I'm getting good games it's just annoying when I watch there safeties in Cover 3 or something and from the snap just make a bee-line to the flats to cover anything out of the back field and my guys don't pick up guys in their zones or cover the flats at all. And man coverage is just as bad a lot of the time, the only routes my guys will sometimes stop is deep streaks and curls. Slants, crosses, and corners are absolute money in man. I love the way the CPU plays D, just wish my guys played the same way.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #634
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Ryan Moody killing this game, lmaooooo. Footage speaks for itself though. The game deserves most of the praise and a majority of it's criticism.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #635
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Two things are starting to really stand out to me. The CPU on offense (regardless of team or QB) runs so many shallow crossing routes, which lead to the very high completion percentages. Mix that in with watching my defenders be slower to react when in zone coverage. I'm see the CPU throw for really low YPA stats.

My CPU controlled WRs are not nearly aggressive enough when the ball is in the air. I threw a deep post route against a single high safety. First time my WR ignored the ball and just ran his route. He didn't make a play for the ball until he was already behind the safety who had a play on it. Threw the same thing again and this time I took control of the WR ran across the face of the safety and made the catch. I would like to see my WR be as aggressive as I was or the CPU DB was for balls like that.

Another play I had my WR breaking in and the CB sitting in cover 3 inside of him. As soon as I threw the ball I knew it would be intercepted. But my WR ran his route like he still had a chance and the ball and rather than "turn into a defender" and go to make a play on the DB he ran his route and went into a catch animation despite being behind the DB with no chance at the ball.

Enjoy the game its fun, but I really want to see them invest in improving the WR/DB interaction for 16 because on the outside and in the passing game the game is starting to feel like "Madden" again.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #636
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
I agree with most of your thoughts. Especially about the user pass defense. Just a word of advice. Never go in and look at the replay when you called a zone defense. Linebackers just sit there as guys run through their zone. It's infuriating g. I don't know if it's because I'm on All Madden or what, but it's maddening. Don't know how to fix that.

Other than that, I love this game.
This is something that I cannot stand about Madden. Also, if you look, you will see all of your zone defenders moving in exact unison. I sent Clint a video over 3 months ago in M25 of 3 defenders standing still, flat footed, watching RG3 run 5 yards past the LOS on THEIR side before they even moved. His response was that it was fixed in M15, yet it clearly isn't. Exact same issue is still there in it's same form. These are not things that you won't notice when playing a football game. This is basic stuff that affects every play. Someone made a good point that it seems that the defenders are "tethered" to the ball in that they wait for the ball to reach a certain point (despite the fact it is being CARRIED) before they even start to react. I just don't understand how you can re-write the defensive AI logic 4 straight years and still not be able to get this right. Football games had this stuff working fine over 10 years ago on crappy hardware. Come on now - these are the things that next gen needs to get right.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:05 PM   #637
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Ryan Moody killing this game, lmaooooo. Footage speaks for itself though. The game deserves most of the praise and a majority of it's criticism.
That guy needs a girlfriend.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #638
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That guy needs a girlfriend.
I don't know what he needs, lol, but the footage speaks for itself, lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #639
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Let me preface this again by saying this is hands down the best Madden I have ever played and quite frankly the best console football game as well. It is light years ahead of last gen.

But some warts are showing and I am believing this team will address them in next years game because a super solid foundation is now in place. OL/DL is really magnificent. truly awesome and a game within a game now.

However WR/DB interactions must be a huge focus next season. This is the area that is a killer right now. The cpu WR's are not fighting for the ball and therefore making the deep ball difficult this year. I like to not user catch...but I am getting to a point where when I get a WR open on a post or flag....I may start taking control of them to make the catch...because they are not making enough of an effort.

It is what it is.

Also AI is questionable in short yardage and goaline situations. This needs to be tuned. Will EA use game tuners this year?

Sacks and pass rush are overpowered this year. It needs a nerf on a patch. But not too much. Just balance it. QB's pocket awareness is off as well and I have been forced to do QB edits to rectify this. Problem is 4-5 years into CFM rookie QB's will populate the league and you can't edit them within CFM....another area EA needs to give us control again. We should be able to edit ratings in CFM whenever we want. Please give us that back.

But still a wonderful game, a huge improvement from all the average to uninspired games from last gen save for M10, 12 and 25.

I am having a wonderful time playing Madden 15.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1 Pre-Season
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-31-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 PM   #640
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't know what he needs, lol, but the footage speaks for itself, lol.
I honestly don't watch any of that stuff. Those dudes take the fun out of gaming. Plus they manipulate things to make their points.

They have one goal, internet fame. No thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »