Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden NFL 15: Presentation is One Step Forward, Four Steps Back

Going to agree that the Commentary is bad but not even close to being a game breaking issue. The presentation this year really adds to the immersion, I still have moments where I get lost in a great game that is literally edge of your seat excitement.

I think more if they stay the course presentation wise then I can only imagine how great it will be next year. Add more lines for the commentary and refine what they have. I think the biggest addition they could do is adding another announcing crew, that would be huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I am sorry but to say one step forward and FOUR steps backwards is absolutely false. The presentation like CBS is SO SO SO much more pleasant to look at it and I actually look forward to seeing them.

Commentary always has been terrible, the team gets docked because it still is terrible? I do not understand the though process.

Try two steps forward, one step back. That would be my view. Meaning one step forward with crappy commentary still but a hell of a lot better presentation package.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Deflo_'s Arena

OVR: 5

Have bought every madden since '99. This is the best in the series. It's leaps and bounds better than every version on the last gen consoles I can remember.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:21 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
This article has some amateurish exaggerations in it, starting with the title.

Aside from that, I feel like I'm hostage to the broadcast presentation. I want to be able to press a button and skip it, but like a bad relative who drops by unannounced it just won't take a hint.

I would MUCH rather see an improved user interface for Franchise and a more time-saving, user-friendly playcalling menu system.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #29
Banned

Four steps back? That's just not accurate. There are some things missing. The absence of overhead/wire replay angles, as well as the absence of moving wire skycam replays is unfortunate. I also hate how big opportunities for closeups are often missed. But this is the best presentation Madden has ever had. Not quite too-kay level, but if they keep working on it and not quit like they do so often with presentation features, they'll get it.

All of that said, the commentary has gone nowhere. "he takes it", "he does this", "he does that", "the defense comes out in the dime", "the offense comes out in the pistol". Too many situations where names aren't being said. Generic lines that just don't do it. Kicker lines up for an FG or XP, and they don't say who's about to kick. Things like that should be in the rearview now. They can't blame the technology anymore.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-31-2014 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6
I can't believe that plays that are challenge are still called wrong .. you have no option to select what you are actually challenging... ive played a bunch of games where the other teams receiver has caught the ball out of bounds and they still get the completion .. smh
Old 08-31-2014, 04:02 PM   #31
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Difference in opinion but I think one step forward, four backwards is an exaggeration.

After seeing all the impressions and reviews saying commentary was horrible I was expecting it to be the same but I've actually been pleasantly surprised by it. I've hardly had any straight up wrong lines or player call-outs. It's not great and could be better but IMO it's really not too bad. Commentary in CFM is always going to suffer until they build the commentary around it.

Outside of some awkward camera angles and replays that still need work, I really like the presentation. The halftime show is meh. I like the format of it but a lot of times it drags out and the replay angles kill it. It's a good base to build on IMO though. And maybe it's just playing with a headset but I'm loving the crowd and stadium sound. The reactions could definitely be better and more properly timed but playing at Arrowhead and pumping up the crowd and hearing them get louder is awesome and sounds great. I've played a bunch of games their and haven't had any "country-club" crowd experiences. Another thing I liked was playing on the road in Denver and having a third down and hearing the crowd get louder as the Undertaker bell rang.

It's by no means perfect but it'd be really hard for me to say it's taken three steps backwards when there are so many things better than before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #32
Rookie

Lol @ 4 steps back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »