Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I like Simms and Nantz. Some comments are incorrect but they work well together and I prefer having a real booth with commentary recorded together than the lazy way of recording everything separately and splicing them together.

There is no way the announcing is an F-. While I can understand some people not liking certain commentators this is by far the best announcing crew in the history of Madden. Granted that doesn't mean much since Madden and Company were horribly repetitive, the radio guy was a bad decision and Gus Johnson sucked. The comments could be improved but I'd give these guys solid B IMO.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Presentation is One Step Forward, Four Steps Back

I'm a big presentation guy and very unforgiving when it comes to elements that have been done better in the past, especially when better seems to be as simple as copying real life as closely as possible.

With the exception of crowd reaction and crowd audio, all the other elements to make presentation stellar in Madden have already been done in other games, including some past Maddens. I won't bother naming names of specific games but suffice to say, other games have set the bar for various presentation elements in their given sports title, by either copying what is done in real life and/or providing the ability for User customization.

So if Madden would simply do that and stop any form of innovation or creative license in the presentation dept, at least until they have reached that bar, presentation could finally be checked off the overhaul list and just incrementally built on year over year.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
My biggest gripe has always been the lack of emotion. This is exactly what is missing from the crowd and broadcasters. The Super Bowl shouldn't feel like a preseason game. The crowd can easily be a big part of the fix but I would love to see several broadcasting teams. I want to see fox, cbs, nbc, and nfl network. This would go a great distance to fixing this. Different graphics and teams will make games feel unique. NCAA basketball 10 is still the only game to utilize two broadcasting teams and graphic overlays. Makes this happen again...it's 2014 for gods sake.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #20
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
My biggest issue with the presentation (besides the commentary) is the replays. There is no variety at all. It reminds me of the NCAA series with too many tight shots. At the very least, they should replay the play from the traditional broadcast angle, then cut to the tight shots when they play it again, just like on TV.
Yes. I've never seen a replay from the broadcast angle or any zoomed out camera in 15. Replays are decent play by play but the highlights of the game are kind of rushed. You can't see how the plays developed. This is bad because you save them and watch them a week later and all you see is a player is catching, running etc. If EA could patch in some different replay angles it would be huge for me.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

"Four steps back" strikes me as a helluva exaggeration when this is easily the best total-package presentation suite that Madden has ever had.

The content of the article which is far more even-handed doesn't reflect the title sentiment at all, and IMO it's not fair to what the game has accomplished this year with respect to presentation. It really took a significant leap in every area except commentary (which is now actively holding back the audio experience of the game).

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-31-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
My biggest gripe has always been the lack of emotion. This is exactly what is missing from the crowd and broadcasters.
Maybe you missed the Gus Johnson editions. He would go crazy for a 5 yard dive up the middle.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
When the commentary is repeating lines and you've only played two games, it's time for a complete overhaul. I agree, just use voice actors. Maybe 3 different crews for 3 different fictional networks. Another thing that irks me is why are the cutscene graphics still better than the actual gameplay graphics, even when zoomed in at the same distance? I can't be the only one who notices that. I thought we left that with last gen.
You are correct, the graphics in game are worse than the replays and cutscenes.

If you play from the zoomed cam offense or defense and look at the players shoes and pants you can actually see the polygons almost like a ps1 game but when it goes to replay or cutscene everything is smoothed out.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4
EA has to know how bad the commentary has been in both Madden and NCAA games throughout the years. It feels as if they're intentionally leaving it as it is for now only to list this as an 'improvement' in future titles. I don't remember the games with Madden/Summerall/Michaels having such bad commentary, so it can't be a resources issue.

It's frustrating how I see how great other sports games are, while we football fans have to settle for a piece here, a yearly gimmick there, or a pointless change just for the sake of change like this year's kicking mechanic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »