Home

Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Why The Presentation Hasn't Quite Arrived into Primetime

Madden’s presentation has always been a spot where the franchise simply didn’t measure up against the competition. This lack of quality presentation seems to, at least partially, be the result of a disastrous start on the last generation of consoles where a TV-style presentation simply wasn’t even included in the game in the first edition.

This year, Madden finally arrived with a broadcast presentation which is much more believable to the eyes, unfortunately your ears will leave you wondering what went wrong.

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Presentation is One Step Forward, Four Steps Back
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5
They need to hire a dozen no name (see: cheap) voice actors and record a TON of commentary. No one buys Madden because Simms and Nance are in it.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
NFL Fever 2015 gameplay: Remember the old days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvzWhIjqKrE
Old 08-31-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Banned

NFL Backbreaker 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq9Srqs9oL8
Old 08-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15: Presentation is One Step Forward, Four Steps Back

What they really need to do is partner with ESPN and get Tirico and Gruden in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Banned

NFL 2K15: Real Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKvX-s-Ffig
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
I agree with you completely on here. Visually, the I actually like the QB walk out videos, although with them only being included for the QB's, it does seem very random. If it had videos for other positions maybe it would make more sense, like during the intros or during the player introductions during the first drive. The halftime show is so wrong in so many ways. The audio is horrible, the camera views are too zoomed in, and you can't skip it. This needs to be fixed or removed. When it comes to the crowd, I agree that all of them seem the same. I've been to quite a few games in Seattle and a few other places. Without a doubt Seattle is crazy loud, you literally can't hear the person next to you at some points. The problem is, they don't really depict that on Madden 15, but they really should by now and also they should add in more false start penalties for road teams in louder stadiums, but we all know penalties aren't part of Madden 15 so I wont go there. The commentary is bad, they need to get a different group in there. Perhaps the MNF (I don't know if they can still use the ESPN brand) crew with Gruden and Tirico, I only say that because Gruden would keep the commentary lively and Tirico is one of the most solid commentators in sports. Plus, maybe Gruden could work with the people who do the game play and give them some pointers, he's not one that will hold back his feelings, LOL. Also, your comment on the disk space used. I think it's crazy they don't use more of the space, it just takes away from the game and the only excuse I could understand is that the game is still a hybrid of current-gen and last-gen. Great right-up.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
My biggest issue with the presentation (besides the commentary) is the replays. There is no variety at all. It reminds me of the NCAA series with too many tight shots. At the very least, they should replay the play from the traditional broadcast angle, then cut to the tight shots when they play it again, just like on TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »