Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:03 AM   #241
Banned

OVR: 0
I haven't read through the pages so maybe it's already been posted somewhere, but my only concern is that shot timing will have more of an impact than the quality of the shot. All I hope is that if there's a hand in someone's face, that shot is most likely going to miss, regardless of having great shot timing or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 07:05 AM   #242
Banned

The cheese potential seems high with this feature, so it's something to keep an eye on after 2k15 comes out and hopefully can be fine tuned if it turns out cheesy.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #243
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
The cheese potential seems high with this feature, so it's something to keep an eye on after 2k15 comes out and hopefully can be fine tuned if it turns out cheesy.
I think that's how it always should have been. Every shots should have a chance of getting in and users skill should be the deciding factor. But yeah it's very possible it will recquire adjustements though.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #244
Rookie

new shot meter sounds impressive, im hoping it will solve issues from 2k14 that I had and am still concerned about. Also will the momemtum in 2k15 be "earned" or just given like it was in 2k14?(online play specifically)

1. For example, from my experiences online i never ever like to start a a game off better than 6 to 0 because for some strange reason the team that has 0 will go on an insane run. I expect this to happen and it alwayssss does, whether the opponent will get random foul calls or i will start getting blocked and making strange turnovers to give that person a chance. idk but I hope this is fixed.

2. When playing someone who shoots a lot of 3s, i can guard them user and make them go, lets say 0 for 7, but because their percentage is so low, they will randomly make 3 in a row no matter how well i guard them after or will randomly get fouled on the 3 point line like a gift. Sometimes if they are shooting really bad from three they can make half court shots. From what i read i hope this new meter helps this as well.

3. Also the posterizer and finisher combination needs to be fixed. people can literally post up and charge to the hoop and get a dunk every time because both sig skills light up(PG or KD)

4. I personally dont like to shoot 3s because i noticed it always creates momentum and would prefer to start that by good defense, but if the opponent is just bombing threes eventually they will get their run and be back in the game. I had a game I won by 6 and shot 0 for 1 for threes while the other guy shot 17 for 41 for threes. and somehow we shot the same amount of free throws.

Just wanted to state some issues i had with 2k14 but dont get me wrong, It Still is THE BEST GAME that i have on my ps4 I love this game but just wanted to point out some things to see if this shot meter fixes this or if anyone else has these issues.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #245
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
I don't think you understand what all is factored into the meter. The meter is not there to show perfect release points. It shows the probability of shot success based on offensive ratings, defense, spot on floor, ratings, release and other factors. Basically GOOD shot vs BAD shot

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-31-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #246
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
First of all, that build is very old code. Second, there's no bad shot on Pro Default settings.

Really, I understand the concern... but I guarantee everything will be fine in the final product. But I also wouldn't advise any veteran 2K gamer to play on Pro Default. A lot of realism goes out the window on default settings.
Why don't you release a developer diary on how to get the most realism and simulation out of 2k15?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #247
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
new shot meter sounds impressive, im hoping it will solve issues from 2k14 that I had and am still concerned about. Also will the momemtum in 2k15 be "earned" or just given like it was in 2k14?(online play specifically)

1. For example, from my experiences online i never ever like to start a a game off better than 6 to 0 because for some strange reason the team that has 0 will go on an insane run. I expect this to happen and it alwayssss does, whether the opponent will get random foul calls or i will start getting blocked and making strange turnovers to give that person a chance. idk but I hope this is fixed.

2. When playing someone who shoots a lot of 3s, i can guard them user and make them go, lets say 0 for 7, but because their percentage is so low, they will randomly make 3 in a row no matter how well i guard them after or will randomly get fouled on the 3 point line like a gift. Sometimes if they are shooting really bad from three they can make half court shots. From what i read i hope this new meter helps this as well.

3. Also the posterizer and finisher combination needs to be fixed. people can literally post up and charge to the hoop and get a dunk every time because both sig skills light up(PG or KD)

4. I personally dont like to shoot 3s because i noticed it always creates momentum and would prefer to start that by good defense, but if the opponent is just bombing threes eventually they will get their run and be back in the game. I had a game I won by 6 and shot 0 for 1 for threes while the other guy shot 17 for 41 for threes. and somehow we shot the same amount of free throws.

Just wanted to state some issues i had with 2k14 but dont get me wrong, It Still is THE BEST GAME that i have on my ps4 I love this game but just wanted to point out some things to see if this shot meter fixes this or if anyone else has these issues.
as far as 'game code & logic'...I'm no expert, but I assume a FGA is a FGA is a FGA...
Meaning the game can tell the diff between 2s & 3s but runs are probably coded into the game...
All games have 'COMEBACK AI' but I'm guessing it's just code to create the effect of runs...

Playing in the Park or Online or CPU in 2K there's always a swing of momentum back & forth,
regardless of makes or misses and player ratings...
Watch closely how certain things happen like players don't catch the ball, turnovers, missed layups etc...
]It's programmed to think and act as if there are 'runs'/swings of momentum for each team...

So, even if you dunk everytime or shoot a 3 everytime.
There will be a spurt where you'll miss dunks and 3s. Wide open.
And there will be times you make them well defended.

Apparently this shot meter is supposed to fix that, but I'm sure that momentum code is there so we'll see...
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 AM   #248
Rookie

Halloween's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The meter is active for all manually releasable shots, including post jumpers. But not layups. My shots engineer and I experimented with it and decided the world is not ready for that.
I understand you don't want to change the nature of the game so drastically in one year but you should implement it in further games down the road as it only adds to realism and imo in a big way.

No driving/attacking cheese no more and you'd be forced to play intelligent basketball.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »