Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2014, 12:08 AM   #593
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well Skyboxer saved Madden 15 for me. He suggested lowering pass reaction down to 45. I was thinking the entire time, nothing is wrong with the passing, it is the running and screens. Who knew pass reaction slider controls run reaction by defenders as well ? I was able to do outside runs and leave defenders in the dust. Able to do counters and stretch plays without being tackled for a loss.

The CPU running was MUCH improved too. Now only if somebody can find the fix for too many sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep too many sacks (and simmed stats) are what I want most.

I just kept trying differensettings to see what really did what and once I lowered reaction it helped a lot.

I don't think we'll ever really know what the sliders do especially to areas other than what they seemingly are designed for.

Now if I can get the D cam to not pan away from at times... I just posted that in glitch thread. Doesn't happen a lot but sucks when it does..

So ready for Online CFM it's not funny.

Peace..

I apologize but what does putting pass reaction down to 45 actually do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2014, 12:10 AM   #594
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
I apologize but what does putting pass reaction down to 45 actually do?

Slows down the reaction time of CPU when passing and what seems to be when you run also.
So players that really shouldn't be cutting off outside runs so easily etc.. aren't doing so.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 AM   #595
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Slows down the reaction time of CPU when passing and what seems to be when you run also.

So players that really shouldn't be cutting off outside runs so easily etc.. aren't doing so.

Ok thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 12:46 AM   #596
MVP

OVR: 18

Brief impressions from year one, solo CFM using the Redskins. Default All Pro, speed on very slow, but may change (still undecided on what speed I like this year).

As the Redskins I am not embarrassed, but ecstatic that I have started off 0-3. You may ask, "why are you ecstatic"? The answer is simple, in Madden 25 I had to create house rules, use sliders, and sim half of my games for any challenge and to create losses for my team.

The only rule I use in Madden 15 is no switch defense. I am losing, because I'm forcing things on offense and not paying attention on defense.

Its crazy, but I have to concentrate to beat the CPU and take what they barely give on each side of the ball.

So far I'm enjoying my experience and see myself really getting lost in my Redskins CFM. Also, happy to report Ryan Kerrigan signed a long term deal, lol
Old 08-31-2014, 02:23 AM   #597
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
They do get faster, it seems the moment you hit sprint the dlinemen or defense in general knows exactly where u are at no matter their current situation on the field and tbey instantly shed there blockers and are usain bolt on their first step.
It's called an A.I. trigger. I explained this to a friend a few years back on the PS3 Maddens. It's always been there. I showed how when you are hitting buttons on the controller, it triggers the CPU A.I. especially the speed cheat.

This is evident when you can simply place your controller down and the CPU controls your entire team including the player with your USER marker under him. I've gotten many a fumble or interception doing this. It also is evident when getting an int, if you hit a button the CPU instantly tackles you. If you wait 2-3 seconds, let the CPU control your player for that duration, you get more returns on your int and then you can take over once in the open field.

But if you hit the sprint button behind the line of scrimmage, you are basically hitting the sprint button to trigger the CPU speed cheat as well.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:39 AM   #598
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Played my first game in my Madden franchise, customized sliders on All Pro, and man, during the first game, it was like a culture shock. I was like a true rookie out there for the first quarter and a half. Settled into it and ended up having Manziel bring me back against the Steelers for a 20-17 victory.

I do have a couple questions though:

1) Penalties: I saw 5 penalties in the game, three called on Pittsburgh. But I noticed that when they called them on the Steelers, they never gave me the option to accept or decline. Has this happened to anyone? It's possible it's because they all may have been false starts, but I can't recall.

2) Is there any way to stop the game from hurrying me up to pick a defensive play? I don't need all day, but an extra five seconds would be great. I like the new play call screen, but there are so many options to look through and just not enough time.

3) What's with the kick meter? In the skills trainer, it's three tri-color rainbow that I liked. In the CFM game, it's a single color (green) arm that then disappears after 2 seconds and returns you to the same ole, same old kick meter. What's going on here?

4) Defensive player lock doesn't work--even when I use player lock. I'll lock it on Karlos Dansby. The lock symbol comes up. The next play, I'm playing as a lineman or Donte Whitner--even though Dansby is in the game. Again, anyone know what's going on here?

---

Two things I don't like for my impressions:

1) When you run the ball, I feel like you run into your own lineman, or into the defense, and you sort of just crumple up like a wet tissue and fall to the ground. There's nothing dynamic happening there, and it's really disappointing.

2) What are earth have they done to the replays? I never get context to any play at all. It's ironic too, because they replay is supposed to give you a perspective of the play that you didn't originally have. But the replays are so fast, so tight, and sort of incomprehensible, that they are strangely almost irrelevant. And that's really disappointing too.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:53 AM   #599
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Played my first game in my Madden franchise, customized sliders on All Pro, and man, during the first game, it was like a culture shock. I was like a true rookie out there for the first quarter and a half. Settled into it and ended up having Manziel bring me back against the Steelers for a 20-17 victory.

I do have a couple questions though:

1) Penalties: I saw 5 penalties in the game, three called on Pittsburgh. But I noticed that when they called them on the Steelers, they never gave me the option to accept or decline. Has this happened to anyone? It's possible it's because they all may have been false starts, but I can't recall.

I think (If I rememebr correctly) only the holds get asked if you want to accept or decline.

2) Is there any way to stop the game from hurrying me up to pick a defensive play? I don't need all day, but an extra five seconds would be great. I like the new play call screen, but there are so many options to look through and just not enough time.

Nope. I've gotten used to it but wish they would give us roughly 3-5 seconds more. Heck when I'm late it's usually right when I'm picking so even 2 seconds more would suffice... lol

3) What's with the kick meter? In the skills trainer, it's three tri-color rainbow that I liked. In the CFM game, it's a single color (green) arm that then disappears after 2 seconds and returns you to the same ole, same old kick meter. What's going on here?

The 3 colors are just for training purposes I believe. In live action it does fade. Personally I'm a pro "turn it off" guy as I've missed some FG's especially in the wind.
Anything that makes fg kicking harder I'm all for. been too easy too long IMO.

4) Defensive player lock doesn't work--even when I use player lock. I'll lock it on Karlos Dansby. The lock symbol comes up. The next play, I'm playing as a lineman or Donte Whitner--even though Dansby is in the game. Again, anyone know what's going on here?

It doesn't stay locked after the play (NCAA didn't either). You need to lock after each play.

---

Two things I don't like for my impressions:

1) When you run the ball, I feel like you run into your own lineman, or into the defense, and you sort of just crumple up like a wet tissue and fall to the ground. There's nothing dynamic happening there, and it's really disappointing.

Do NOT use sprint until you are at the hole. You'll start hitting the holes and side stepping a lot more.

2) What are earth have they done to the replays? I never get context to any play at all. It's ironic too, because they replay is supposed to give you a perspective of the play that you didn't originally have. But the replays are so fast, so tight, and sort of incomprehensible, that they are strangely almost irrelevant. And that's really disappointing too.
And to add.. I don't need to see a replay of a 1 yard gain lol..
Replays after every play is overboard.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #600
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks Sky. What's weird about the defensive player lock is that for a few series, I locked it and it would also go back to the player I wanted to play with every single play. Then, it started unlocking after every play.

So you're saying that it's normal to, for example, get on defense and pick Karlos Dansby. I hit the player lock and he's locked in. Next play comes, and I'm now Donte Whitner and have to scramble to find Dansby again before the snap?

Just asking because I was under the impression that player lock meant that you're essentially always this one defensive player the entire game until you unlock it and choose another guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »