Home

Madden NFL 15 CFM Sim Stats Issue Fixed (Online Only)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 CFM Sim Stats Issue Fixed (Online Only) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Sim Stats Issue Fixed (Online Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Cool
You guys need to look at the per catch everage for the leading receivers in the real NFL on any given year. It's not even close to what is represented in these sim stats. To me it's the equivalent of every top running back averaging under 4 yds per carry.
Top 10 receivers in receptions averaged 13.2 yards per reception in the NFL last year.

In my last test sim the Top 10 receivers in receptions averaged 12.1 yards per reception.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Waiting for offline to be fixed... And for the final roster update before the real NFL season begins. I'm hoping the progression/regression is fixed as well determining players and age. I don't need to see a 50 year old Peyton or Brady throwing 50 TD passes. So I hope age plays as big a part as roster improvements and or key player loses as well. Sounds promising and I'm mostly offline, but from what I here so far I might give this a test run early on, fix up sliders and get a good feel until the real thing. Thanks for putting time I to this fellas.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Top 10 receivers in receptions averaged 13.2 yards per reception in the NFL last year.

In my last test sim the Top 10 receivers in receptions averaged 12.1 yards per reception.
But the average for the top ten in yards was just over 15, nobody in the madden sims posted here reached that number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #52
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 15 CFM Sim Stats Issue Fixed (Online Only)

Here is some good news/and just not bad news but news that the stat system is working about as perfect as can be in a game where you never know what will happen.

Using Connolly's here are just some snapshots of what happened in the year, no pics this time but pure stats by the numbers.

Quarterbacks By The Numbers
13 QB's with 4000+ Yards Passing, Peyton, Flacco and Breese at 4600 Yards. Which is about perfect when compared to last season and in fact a little above average!

4 Quarterbacks with 30+ Touchdowns, Brees was the leader with 39 which again by last year standards is about perfect with the exception of the crazy good season Manning had.

7 Quarterbacks threw for 20+ Interceptions, so once again that is perfect with what we saw in 2013, slightly higher, with 2 extra quarterbacks but many were throw by 2nd year and rookie quarterbacks so that can explain that.

Running Backs By The Numbers
8 Running backs broke 1000 yards, 5 less then last year but split carries seems to be popular in Madden so that could account for that. Lynch lead the way with 1651 yards which was about the same from last year.

8 had 4.0 Yards average per rush that were considered to be starting running backs on their respective teams. Roughly 12 starters that carried the work load for their team last season had more then 4 yards per carry so I would chalk this up to simply being that in this sim teams passed the ball more.

4 backs had 10+ touchdowns on the season, in real life 5 had such numbers from last season so it was very good in terms of being accurate here with the stats.

Receiving By The Numbers
7 Players had 100+ catches on the year, 5 in the real 2013 season and the catches were lead by Colston who had 131 followed by Steve Smith who had 129. Pretty close to actual 100+ catch receivers so very good numbers.

22 Receivers broke 1000 yards in this sim which compared to 2013, there were 24 players who achieved this. 1646 was the highest yard total by Josh Gordon in 2013, in the sim Steve Smith had 1630 yards receiving. Overall the average per catch is slightly lower BUT actual total yards remains true to life.

7 receivers broke 10 touchdowns compared to the 13 real life players in 2013, but again this is not a stat breaking thing it just means the ball was spread out between receivers much more in this sim then what may happen in others and in real life.

Defense By The Numbers (Sacks/Interceptions)
13 players were able to break double digits in sacks through my sim, 24 players did so in 2013, so right now the numbers are a bit lower but take into consideration that Madden still does not seem to calculate correctly half sacks so this could contribute to the lower sack numbers.

2 players broke 10 interceptions, but they only had 10, Sherman had 8 last year to lead the league so I do not feel that 2 players having only 10 interceptions is by any way a bad stat reflection and seems to be about perfect with real life.

Punting (Average Only)
At this time Punting I believe is the most broken of stats with average a good 10-15 yards below actual 2013 average numbers.

Summary
Right now it seems for the most part stats are performing on par with the real NFL, the only issues as it seems are with punting. Hopefully we can do some simple roster edits to allow this to be fixed and work properly. And Sacks actually could be slightly raised now when it comes to the sim engine. Otherwise default playbooks will work fine with getting proper numbers.

Last edited by Kyle K.; 08-30-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #53
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I definitely think it's a big fix and a big step in the right direction. I am hard wired and always have done single player CFM online, never had a game drop. Can't wait to dive into this on my three day weekend

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
But the average for the top ten in yards was just over 15, nobody in the madden sims posted here reached that number.
I saw some in that range when i sorted by yardage. Still lower on average, no doubt, but not off the charts lower, IIRC.

I know people are looking for things to nit pick or complain about, I just don't see the numbers as being quite as off as some say.

Perfect? No, clearly not. In the realm of reality? Certainly.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I saw some in that range when i sorted by yardage. Still lower on average, no doubt, but not off the charts lower, IIRC.

I know people are looking for things to nit pick or complain about, I just don't see the numbers as being quite as off as some say.

Perfect? No, clearly not. In the realm of reality? Certainly.
Fair enough, I don't think it's a HUGE deal either I just think it shows a lack of variety/intelligence in player usage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

As long as they're close enough that they won't break the game's progression, that's good enough for me. Thanks for the quick fix!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »