Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #441
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Weird that Ronny has to tweet Steph about his animation changing.

WHY NOT JUST HAVE THE BOY DRIVE UP AND DO A SHORT CAPTURE SESSION. Even Barnes and Bazemore were in for bench and all-star dunk animations, even though the all-star event was a complete disaster for Barnes.

If it's Steph not making time, DO IT. I beg of you. Meanwhile, get your face captured again.

Cool. Is it hitchless and the fastest release in the game at .4 seconds? I'd rather Curry just get properly captured--come on, you captured a whole dance team (Warrior Girls?)-- but there is a ton of reference out there breaking down his shot if he's being hand tweaked, including a sports science feature and one clip with all 272 of his threes from last year.

It's not Curry's shot if it doesn't have the quick one-motion hitchless release, the four finger down extreme gooseneck wrist, forearm perpendicular to the ground for much of the shot, a turn, a sway that passes through a straight up body position on release, but with a variety of leg landings.
His new shot is pretty nice. Ignore what you see in the trailer. All shots can either be released early or late, and in the trailer, whoever captured it released really late. To get his timing right, you have to release on the way up and it's pretty fast. Much better than last year's J.

I talked to Steph about coming in for mocap and he definitely wants to. Just has to find the time. He's a busy guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #442
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

A shot that's unique is Terrance jones . He has a slow shot irl but in 2k it's not correct. Has this been addresses ?

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #443
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Yup,

And they've been talking about a new robust create a player, so hopefully that includes tattoos.
Yeah maybe everything else is turning out to look amazing with the little improvements here & there , but I guess were the only ones who care about detail to better tattoos in the game. Don't get me wrong I love the game but don't we at least deserve better looking tattoos that some of the nba players have or something similar? LD2K if you out there reading this/these comments what's up with some actually realistic good looking tattoos for our created players?
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #444
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

I talked to Steph about coming in for mocap and he definitely wants to. Just has to find the time. He's a busy guy.

Whaaat, you can't force these guys to come in? Lol.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #445
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Y'all spazzing out about Steph Curry, what about the World Champion San Antonio Spurs? We haven't had a decent jumper for Manu or Timmay since NBA 2k7...
I totaly agree with this, Manu shot in 2k has been horrible and when you shoot it you aren't confident it will drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Shots are always being improved at any given time. Steph's is damn near perfect now.
I think D.Williams, Joe Johnson, KD, Reggie Jackson, Danny Green, Tim Duncan, Manu and Dirk Nowitzki shots need to be adjusted. Some of these guys shot too slow or their shooting motion wasn't accurate to the player. Jimmy Butler and Igoudala had a cheese form by the way. They hit 3s like they Ray Allen or something
Quote:
His new shot is pretty nice. Ignore what you see in the trailer. All shots can either be released early or late, and in the trailer, whoever captured it released really late. To get his timing right, you have to release on the way up and it's pretty fast. Much better than last year's J.

Everyone lets give Beluba a round of applause. These guys are really trying and you can see the effort. I know Curry is an NBA star so him and the 2k devs want to perfect his shooting motion but still lets give credit when credit is due. Curry is not on the cover but they have reached out to try and correct things. We appreciate the hard work.

Last edited by DaBoyBk; 08-29-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #446
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoyBk
I totaly agree with this, Manu shot in 2k has been horrible and when you shoot it you aren't confident it will drop.
Real life comparison to Gamescom 2K15 doesn't look too off to me. Sometimes he shoots more a set shot with little lift sometimes he gets more lift. Don't know what you mean by the bold. Manu didn't actually shoot the ball well until the playoffs this season and didn't really shoot the ball well in the 2012-2013 season or playoffs. He is a nice playmaker though and can step up to hit some big shots. It will be interesting to see how they rate him taking that all into account

Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 PM   #447
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Thanks Mike! This awesome to hear, both that his shot's been improved by hand and that Steph's up for his shot to be captured. I know he's gotta be busy. He's only leading Team USA right now.

Did you ever find his underhand floater?

Speaking of floaters, I do find the fadeaway floater difficult to use. They seem to kick in too easily and have a slow release that tends to get swatted (when they should be hard to block). Any improvement this year in that area?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 AM   #448
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Being on the subject of shots, really, really hope Anthony Davis has a new jumper and FT stroke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »