Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #425
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer (Gameplay Included)

The trailer was cool. Showed us a lot for a game due out in October. Lighting looks better, and some player models have been updated. Cp3 does look on the skinny side, especially Harden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Anyone else thinks Curry's jumper looks off?

I know, I know. Pedantic.
I am wondering how only you and someone else mentioned this. I can't tell if the form is off, but he definitely jumps way too high and he releases the ball on the way down... I usually don't complain but this is a big deal. Curry releases his shot on the way up, not even at the peak of his shot.. Yet, judging from the trailer and rewinding his appearance over and over, he releases the ball on the way back down!

The only players who shoot like that in the nba are Iggy and Blake Griffin. Steph curry himself said he can't shoot with himself, he can't get the timing. That's a big issue..

I love the fact that people from 2k are communicating with us, but can someone from 2k please acknowledge this issue? Can we get a response concerning his jumpshot? This is a very big deal to us.. It's his signature shot, imagine if he wore Adidas in game.. It's the same thing.

Being a loyal 2k gamer, I beg, please fix his jumpshot. If he can't come in for a mocap, at lease have your animation people look at videos of him shooting, and adjust.

Ps. I love everything about the trailer except Curry's jumpshot. In fact, it really upset me.. I was enjoying the trailer up until that point.

Last edited by Rell7thirty; 08-28-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #426
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
The trailer was cool. Showed us a lot for a game due out in October. Lighting looks better, and some player models have been updated. Cp3 does look on the skinny side, especially Harden.

I am wondering how only you and someone else mentioned this. I can't tell if the form is off, but he definitely jumps way too high and he releases the ball on the way down... I usually don't complain but this is a big deal. Curry releases his shot on the way up, not even at the peak of his shot.. Yet, judging from the trailer and rewinding his appearance over and over, he releases the ball on the way back down!

The only players who shoot like that in the nba are Iggy and Blake Griffin. Steph curry himself said he can't shoot with himself, he can't get the timing. That's a big issue..

I love the fact that people from 2k are communicating with us, but can someone from 2k please acknowledge this issue? Can we get a response concerning his jumpshot? This is a very big deal to us.. It's his signature shot, imagine if he wore Adidas in game.. It's the same thing.

Being a loyal 2k gamer, I beg, please fix his jumpshot. If he can't come in for a mocap, at lease have your animation people look at videos of him shooting, and adjust.

Ps. I love everything about the trailer except Curry's jumpshot. In fact, it really upset me.. I was enjoying the trailer up until that point.
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/502605671641411586
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #427
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Y'all spazzing out about Steph Curry, what about the World Champion San Antonio Spurs? We haven't had a decent jumper for Manu or Timmay since NBA 2k7...
Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #428
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Y'all spazzing out about Steph Curry, what about the World Champion San Antonio Spurs? We haven't had a decent jumper for Manu or Timmay since NBA 2k7...

Don't think for one second I'm gonna let you bring your successful *** over here depressing another forum like you can relate to our lowly franchise struggles over here Two Four. You ain't got no damn problems man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #429
MVP

Did they fix the ball being swatted away into the 3rd row when you intercept a pass in 2k14 next gen? Or the stupid kick ball cheese?
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #430
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Lillard got scanned last year anyway. Why would he need to be scanned again?

EDIT: Yeah, looking again for myself, Lillard is fine. Obviously he looks better in Live considering he's their cover guy, but he looks better this year than last year. I don't know why you guys insist on looking at guys making facial expressions and judging the faces to be poor based on that.

2K15 Lillard

VS

2K14 Lillard

Real Lillard

Actually Dame wasn't scanned and it's quite obvious giving how off it looks and the textures. Another dead giveaway is that is the EXACT cyberface from last gen(just like it was for players like Chris Paul, Josh Smith and Corey Brewer). For an example check this out:

That is why I can't wait for PC next gen because that modded cyberface is PERFECT. Dame is one of the hardest players to capture because he just has a distinctive look. It was the same problem they had on last gen with players like Kobe and CP3.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #431
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
It's wrong in 2K14 too. I just never noticed it until I looked more closely at the trailer then checked the game after.
It really isn't that big a deal to me. I'm a detail nut myself, but 90% we won't even see it even in replay mode because 2k's camera lock lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #432
Pro

GSWarriors9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
So does that mean his shot will look different from what we saw in the trailer? That tweet was before the trailer came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »