Home

Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

This is a discussion on Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
You reach I teach. There needs to be a penalty for excessive reaching and in 2k14 the animation you are complaining about doesn't happen each time u reach. Keep it Sim cause in real bball reaching for steals sometimes causes defender to be out of position
You are absolutely correct on reaching can leave defenders out of position and should cause more foul calls. When the center catches a dunk and then tries to steal the ball from the inbounder he (all positions) should lose a bit more energy also for full court pressing and then having to rush back to get to his defensive assignment.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #234
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
You reach I teach. There needs to be a penalty for excessive reaching and in 2k14 the animation you are complaining about doesn't happen each time u reach. Keep it Sim cause in real bball reaching for steals sometimes causes defender to be out of position
True but have you seen a reach in steal animation all the while guarding the PG every step of the way as he dribble up the court? Nope, can't do it. This is why this particular reach in animation does not work within the gameplay. It leaves you in the dust. You can't reach or slightly reach and run along at the same time...you just can't!! That is a problem.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #235
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sit back when you have some time and watch the 10 teams series Czar did with OS's own Sageinfinite bringing him in with the song.

Sit back, relax grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!

...and I didn't even post the battleground series that he used to do live vs 2k yet

Spoiler
Watching this at work daily used to get me in trouble. Lol #Classic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #236
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
True but have you seen a reach in steal animation all the while guarding the PG every step of the way as he dribble up the court? Nope, can't do it. This is why this particular reach in animation does not work within the gameplay. It leaves you in the dust. You can't reach or slightly reach and run along at the same time...you just can't!! That is a problem.
Steals need to work on a balancing pyramid of Steal Attempts, Dribble Moves and Foul Calls. In order to fix one, they need to fix all three. The dribbling system is the key here. There is no balancing the steal system unless the dribbling system is built with it in mind. Right now they are two independent gaming ideas.

I'll hit up Czar and OG with my solution soon, but I'll be holding onto that for later.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #237
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30

The ten team series is classic. Congrats to Da Czar and NBA 2K!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #238
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Steals need to work on a balancing pyramid of Steal Attempts, Dribble Moves and Foul Calls. In order to fix one, they need to fix all three. The dribbling system is the key here. There is no balancing the steal system unless the dribbling system is built with it in mind. Right now they are two independent gaming ideas.

I'll hit up Czar and OG with my solution soon, but I'll be holding onto that for later.
I agree sounds good. Hopefully they could find that alance to make it more realistic & have that balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »