Home

Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

This is a discussion on Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:30 AM   #225
Rookie

barteko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

Great addition (with beds)! 2K16 will be awesome!! plz bring his voice into the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #226
Pro

OVR: 6

Am I up next for the job? I been here forever speak my mind about the game... looking for improvements. Hook me up Mike Wang, i am asian lol.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 08-27-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #227
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm not sure if this was asked or addressed because im not about to go through 20 something pages of CONGRATS Czar lovefest, but my question is this:

Since Da Czar is hired as Offensive AI gameplay developer, is he working on:
Pick and Rolls
Playbooks
back door cuts
Pick N Pop
Pick N Fade
Double Teams
weak side help reaction
FastBreaks
transition defense
Rebounding
Steals
Inbound plays
free throw mechanics
Shot Releases
Dunks/Layups
PIP
Passing Lane Steals/deflections
Blocked shots

I'd like to know exactly what the czar is was brought on for and what he's responsible for in 2k15 and moving forward.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #228
Banned

I would also like to know if he can fix the fast break non-defense when your player animates in the wrong direction (happens all of the time) when the ball passes him, just enough for you not to be able to recover and prevent the layup/dunk.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #229
Banned

OVR: 2

Big Homie Czar, if you're reading this, do me a favor...ever since 2k11, they added these penalties for going for steals, and blocked shots as to prove a point.To me it doesnt make sense unless its a crossover move. If you get crossed over, then i can understand then theres little to no chance for you to recover, but from a block or steal? thats just ridiculous. Those flailing animations or those super lunges that completely take you out of the play just for going for a steal are more than a penalty. those atrocious animations can cost you a game. The penalty time is almost 3-4 seconds. thats just unheard of. You have no control over your player during these mini movie animations where go for a block or a steal. I'm not sure what they have you responsible for, but if you know is in charge of those ridiculous animations, pleeeeease use your basketball knowledge and try and influence them to remove those animations. They arent realistic and completely leave you out of the play.

This is how a steal attempt should play out

Old 08-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #230
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

He's in charge of offensive ai and this is not a wishlist thread for you.

Please don't litter his announcement thread with complaining and defensive arguments
Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #231
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
Big Homie Czar, if you're reading this, do me a favor...ever since 2k11, they added these penalties for going for steals, and blocked shots as to prove a point.To me it doesnt make sense unless its a crossover move. If you get crossed over, then i can understand then theres little to no chance for you to recover, but from a block or steal? thats just ridiculous. Those flailing animations or those super lunges that completely take you out of the play just for going for a steal are more than a penalty. those atrocious animations can cost you a game. The penalty time is almost 3-4 seconds. thats just unheard of. You have no control over your player during these mini movie animations where go for a block or a steal. I'm not sure what they have you responsible for, but if you know is in charge of those ridiculous animations, pleeeeease use your basketball knowledge and try and influence them to remove those animations. They arent realistic and completely leave you out of the play.

This is how a steal attempt should play out

WORD!! This is exactly what i been talking about. The recovery in reach-in-steal animation is RIDICULOUS. It takes away the fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 AM   #232
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
WORD!! This is exactly what i been talking about. The recovery in reach-in-steal animation is RIDICULOUS. It takes away the fun.
You reach I teach. There needs to be a penalty for excessive reaching and in 2k14 the animation you are complaining about doesn't happen each time u reach. Keep it Sim cause in real bball reaching for steals sometimes causes defender to be out of position

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »