Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I wasn't really looking at the graphics for the trailer but more like at some new animations and I didn't see too many, that's what made this slightly underwhelming to me. I'd have love to see more crossovers, more layups animations, some sexy post up moves, some signature dribble moves.

No doubt the game is pretty and that this trailer wasn't bad.

Remeber a few of them gamescon videos? I seen some contact animations that i don't recall seeing on any of the past 2k games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Yeah I was very glad they implemented that but it does get over used.. It's hard to take it out, because technically any player in the league no matter how big or small can get a chase down block if they time it correctly.

Whats so flawed about 2k is that the chase down player seems to always get a large boost in speed in order to catch the offensive player.. That shouldn't happen nearly as often as it does.

Also the players on 2k will only perform a dunk that brings the ball way back, or reverse it right in the defenders face, rather than do a normal dunk keeping the ball away from the trailing defender.. Pisses me off, should be easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another thing they need to work on is the stupidity of your teammates diving for balls or catching balls that are going out of bounds and are clearly off of the opposing team. 2K should also consult with an NBA rulebook. If you are out of bounds and the ball hits you, it doesn't matter. You are not a live player. For example, in 2K14 if the ball deflects off of a defender on an inbounds pass and then it hits the passer (who is still out of bounds), this results in it being called out off of the passing team. This is a flagrant misunderstanding of the out of bounds rule, and I am shocked that it wasn't caught during development.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
2K should also consult with an NBA rulebook. If you are out of bounds and the ball hits you, it doesn't matter. You are not a live player. For example, in 2K14 if the ball deflects off of a defender on an inbounds pass and then it hits the passer (who is still out of bounds), this results in it being called out off of the passing team. This is a flagrant misunderstanding of the out of bounds rule, and I am shocked that it wasn't caught during development.

Are you sure about that?

Old 08-27-2014, 05:36 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Another thing they need to work on is the stupidity of your teammates diving for balls or catching balls that are going out of bounds and are clearly off of the opposing team. 2K should also consult with an NBA rulebook. If you are out of bounds and the ball hits you, it doesn't matter. You are not a live player. For example, in 2K14 if the ball deflects off of a defender on an inbounds pass and then it hits the passer (who is still out of bounds), this results in it being called out off of the passing team. This is a flagrant misunderstanding of the out of bounds rule, and I am shocked that it wasn't caught during development.

I don't know about that. I am not saying you're wrong at all because it has me thinking have I've ever seen that before in the NBA and I believe I did and 2K had it right.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
I don't know about that. I am not saying you're wrong at all because it has me thinking have I've ever seen that before in the NBA and I believe I did and 2K had it right.
....An inbound passer cannot be the last one to touch the ball. He is not a live player. This is true in the NFL as well. That's why you can't hit a player that's off of the field, and why a wide receiver can't just run out of bounds and then run back in for a catch. Out of bounds doesn't contain live players.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
....An inbound passer cannot be the last one to touch the ball. He is not a live player. This is true in the NFL as well. That's why you can't hit a player that's off of the field, and why a wide receiver can't just run out of bounds and then run back in for a catch. Out of bounds doesn't contain live players.

Pretty sure you're wrong, I don't have the actual NBA rule book in front of me to correct you but I know for a fact in HS and College that's not the case..

The inbound passer is a live player, if he wasn't it would be the same as a player who's standing out of bounds to catch or touch a ball and it not be called out on them.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
One thing that isn't brought up often enough. The overpowered dunk blocking from behind (by seemingly any player in 2K14). Fast break dunks are high risk due to this nonsense. For the love of God, town this cheese down in 2K15.
Yea i hated the behind block dunk.
The alley-oop is overpower and too easy to execute...need that fix as well.
The ball out of bound off your teammate that doesn't look like it's off your teammate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:

It's true in the NFL, but I don't know about the NBA. You got a link or something stating that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »