Home

NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
You're reaching man. I'am talking about the trailer nothing else.
I think you are reaching as well. Reaching into a sizzle trailer, that shows a host of improvements and complaining about things that don't have priority in the actual trailer. Many of the games improvements in the exact ways you are complaining about are in the trailer.

And as a consumer we all want improvements. All of us. You seem to want perfection.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #58
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
I think you are reaching as well. Reaching into a sizzle trailer, that shows a host of improvements and complaining about things that don't have priority in the actual trailer. Many of the games improvements in the exact ways you are complaining about are in the trailer.

And as a consumer we all want improvements. All of us. You seem to want perfection.
How am I complaining though ? I just stated my opinion on the trailer as they did. You guys are taking this out of proportion... Read my post in page 4, that's all I meant. I'am not complaining just explaining why I didn't think that trailer was super crazy.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have a feeling it won't be much different than last year, graphics basically looked the same, Ernie and Shaq a welcome bonus. Hope they have create a player back, and 2k is it to hard to Jane real full sleevetats and new choses, so tired of the limitation in create a player.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #60
MVP

For me I realize that gameplay is never going to be perfect so the selling point of this game is ultimately the presentation. Commentary, the crowd, player intros, all of those features which immerse me into the game as if I'm actually a game on TV, have to be on point. It really does seem like they put effort into the presentation this year so I'm really considering it.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
How am I complaining though ? I just stated my opinion on the trailer as they did. You guys are taking this out of proportion... Read my post in page 4, that's all I meant. I'am not complaining just explaining why I didn't think that trailer was super crazy.

I get what you're saying, and realize you aren't complaining.. But your original post said you were looking for more animations that you didn't see, correct?

The video it's self was only 1:58, the first 44 second are intros and cheerleaders, then the video stops 20 seconds short at 1:38 to cut back to Shaq and EJ.. That only leaves 54 seconds of actual gameplay footage.. In that 54 second span they showed a new rebound animation, new box out animation, new and faster ball handling, a new missed dunk animation, new layup from Kawhi, saw that they eliminated the charge cheese, and various new player celebrations.. Also I couldn't tell for sure but the crowd reaction after AD's dunk seemed to be much improved as well. On top of all that we saw cheerleaders are back, new moving hair, new lighting/smoke during the player introductions, and the player introductions themselves..

I guess I'm just curious as to how they were supposed to fit or show more in a 54 second time span than what they already did. I could understand your post more if this were a 10 minute long in depth video, that way we would actually know if there were lots of new animations, or improved old animations or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #62
Banned

One thing that isn't brought up often enough. The overpowered dunk blocking from behind (by seemingly any player in 2K14). Fast break dunks are high risk due to this nonsense. For the love of God, town this cheese down in 2K15.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
One thing that isn't brought up often enough. The overpowered dunk blocking from behind (by seemingly any player in 2K14). Fast break dunks are high risk due to this nonsense. For the love of God, town this cheese down in 2K15.

Yeah I was very glad they implemented that but it does get over used.. It's hard to take it out, because technically any player in the league no matter how big or small can get a chase down block if they time it correctly.

Whats so flawed about 2k is that the chase down player seems to always get a large boost in speed in order to catch the offensive player.. That shouldn't happen nearly as often as it does.

Also the players on 2k will only perform a dunk that brings the ball way back, or reverse it right in the defenders face, rather than do a normal dunk keeping the ball away from the trailing defender.. Pisses me off, should be easy to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #64
MVP

i havent played 2k14 next gen but did they fix your stupidass CPU teammates on mycareer immediately going for a terrible hook shot after they grab a board?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »