Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #265
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Really glad to see that most of the people here are digging M15. IMO, this is the best Madden since Madden 2005. But does anybody else feel that normal speed is a bit too fast particularly in terms of the running game? I wish that EA would allow us to change the speed to slow for online matches. Also, I keep on running into my linemen on running plays up the middle -- thankfully it isn't as bad as in prior years though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 02:25 AM   #266
Banned

OVR: 0

They HAVE to get rid of the new PLAY CALL SCREEN ! It is beyond terrible and i haven't talked to anyone who doesn't hate it .

Other than that the best football game in YEARS !
Old 08-27-2014, 02:33 AM   #267
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Ok, So for last gen I bought Madden and NCAA for the 360 as I felt the controller, player felt more responsive, even when navigating around the menu it was almost instant reaction, where as the PS3 had a lag.

So last year I went out and bought the PS4 at launch with Madden, and also noticed lag. I eventually bought an Xbox one thinking I would by Madden for the Xone, as I always felt it was a smoother game play.

So I went out today and got madden for the Xbox one and was all excited and only to be let down, that the Xbox one version felt laggy on game play and navigating thru the menu screen. Also on normal speed the game felt really slow.

I decided to purchase the electronic download version for the PS4 to compare, and boy was I amazed that not only was navigation thru the menu responsive the game was also responsive like it should be, game play on normal also felt how it should.

So my question is,
is the PS4 version more responsive because the game is running 100% from HDD and not from media like my XBOX one? or is the PS4 version just better regardless of the game being run off from the HDD or media?

Thanks,
ulua
You dont run anything off the disk on Xbone or PS4 for that matter. All games install to the HD and run off of that after.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #268
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

Man I'm a seasoned Madden player and I was able to play All Pro for years but now..I'm just like getting my *** kicked out here. I mean I can get a run game going but I can't complete a pass over 20 yards without it being pick city. I usually utilize a short passing game until I get the hang of it.

But EA has me hooked so I consider it a good buy.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:49 AM   #269
Banned

OVR: 7

Played a few online games and it's really smooth. I'm kind of leaning towars best madden ever at this point. I just hope EA doesn't start thinking it's too good and start messing with it. It's a really fun game though. I'm older too and have been playing this game for a long time. I shouldn't be having this much fun with a video game but this years is worth it. Brings back memories of different styles of play in football. I use the clock, I'm like a machine out there at this point lol. Running the ball. Passing, play action. Good defense. I think people forget how to feel their way through the game sometimes and timing. I do 3 step and 5 step drops and shift around the pocket and elude the rush and it's a lot of fun. I like watching the replays too. Execution is the name of the game. I think madden always has that feel of being able to execute a great play and timing and this year is looking good. If only the real Cowboys were this good.

Overall online was good though. I play straight and don't think there was much cheese in the 3 games I played. a couple guys went no huddle to their detriment at times. I ran into 1 guy in 3 games I couldn't stop what he was doing. He ran all over me. lost 35-7. The first game I won 17-0 and came back the last one down 17-3 to win 20-17. I didn't encounter too much cheese. As long as people don't quit and have fun I don't care. All the games were competitive.

So far this game lives up to the hype though. I've been paying for a good internet connection for years and some sports game are good online and some aren't. This one is really good so far. Makes paying for this stuff worth it when it actually delivers.

Last edited by celtics6; 08-27-2014 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #270
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Could it be tied to the Chew Clock feature...
?? I never use chew clock.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-27-2014, 03:33 AM   #271
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
ROBO QB no doubt is in this years version. Ryan Tannehill just went 19/20 on All Pro against me. That would never happen

Other than that this game is just really good. Kudos EA

Now is Nba Live gonna make strides like this years Madden??
Disagree about ROBO QB on All -Pro.

Have you adjusted sliders?
I just held Texans QB to about 58% passing in my last test game.
Starting my real CFM today and hope to get video up of game 1

The dumb fumble when you dive is still in.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-27-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #272
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

As a long time Madden *****(IMO for good reason), I'm having a lot of fun and pleasantly surprised of the jump from M25. There are still problems that need to be sorted but this is the biggest step towards sim for the series in 10 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »