Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #577
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Can users still abuse alleyoops ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #578
Just started!

OVR: 0

The number one thing that needs to be added is the flames that shoot out in the Miami Heat intros.

Also the PA announcer. Marrrriiiooo Chalmers 333333333!
And twooooooo minutes, dos ! Minutos !
Old 08-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #579
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Can users still abuse alleyoops ?
Thats the question I really want to know.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:55 PM   #580
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired4fr33
The number one thing that needs to be added is the flames that shoot out in the Miami Heat intros.

Also the PA announcer. Marrrriiiooo Chalmers 333333333!
And twooooooo minutes, dos ! Minutos !
More like

Paaaauulll Pierrcce foorrrrrr 333333333!
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 08-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #581
Rookie

OVR: 2

- More passing variety

More pocket passing in tighter areas, such as in PnR situations. Guys with bigger hands can hold the ball out with one arm and pass to cutters in the lane like they do in real life (Like Lebron or the Gasols).

- Bigger/Smaller hands slider

Similar to how they incorporated wingspan in last year's game, it would be nice to see the Rajon Rondo's of the world and the Kawhi Leonard's with their larger than life gorilla mitts. I think it would add a nice effect.

- Different shooting pockets

This has been tinkered with a little bit over the years, but I feel like player's shots still look too rigid. There is not enough variety based on where they catch the ball and where the defender is. Not every shot looks the same.

It would be nice if they added more catching animations for passes that are high or low, making the shooting animation start from a different place.

Best example I can give is in the Yakum trailer, look at the Steph Curry shot. It does not look like a smooth transition into his shot. There has to be a way where they can add small subtleties in there, so the shot doesn't look like somebody just pushed a button.. If that makes sense.

-Re Do the Fastbreaks in this game

The passing and fastbreaks have always been terrible in 2k, IMO. There is no spacing or common sense. Enough with the overhead passes to guys running 5 feet in front of them. Enough crappy bounce passes. This goes hand and hand with my first point about the passing.

I think the defense has too much of an unfair advantage defending it. My suggestion would be to add an animation or a physics thing where there is some momentum involved in change of direction. I feel like defenders can react too quickly to passes that make them turn around.

- Make players actually dunk when they have the ball underneath the basket.

It is almost impossible to get players to dunk in this game when they are right underneath the basket. They always give you that animation where they throw up a bank shot that can be blocked or missed easily. There needs to be more poster dunks in general for post ups. If somebody like Dwight Howard catches the ball underneath in deep post position, chances are he's going to go up with two hands and dunk it, while the guy defending him is going to be pushed backwards or go for the strip/foul. This is a MUST fix for me. It ruins games.

Last edited by Bearsfan1; 08-27-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #582
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Some good points Bearfans1.

For the fact that your player will rarely dunk under the rim, I'am pretty sure they've tweaked that after 2K13 where you coudn't stop a guy from dunking under the rim. There where no contextual animations for the defender to come and defend. No collision, no contact. It was kind of frustrating. I'am guessing they made it very rare to be able to dunk under the rim for that reason.

It would be cool if they fixed the whole thing for 2K15 though.

Last edited by Vni; 08-27-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #583
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I want to see replays of different things. I'm tired of just seeing replays of scoring plays, I want to see missed shots, steals, blocks, passes, anything. It would also be nice to have coaches with different personalities in My Player. All the coaches give the same challenges and there were times where the coach on my team was fired and I couldn't even tell the difference. It would make the mode even more interesting if the coaches were more individualized, like some who put you on a short leash and take you out if you **** things up or more lax "player coaches" who let players get away with things that another one wouldn't etc.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #584
Rookie

I'd like to see an attempt at reasonable AI for CPU team mates. Less brain dead point guards charging into the paint to get blocked, less taking a fadeaway turnaround shot while double teamed after a pick and passing to the open team mate, less receiving the ball on the perimeter completely open and waiting for the defense to get in your face before taking the shot (or ignoring the open shot and charging into the paint to get blocked), less sagging off Ray Allen so far that you are defending him from inside the paint.

All these things that the CPU does are ridiculous, but strangely occur only on your team. Every time something above happens, you know that anywhere in reality, your team mates or your coach and you would be ripping said player a new "orifice"... After 1 full year of MyCareer, your team mates would essentially have more "orifices" than pores. Really... less of this stuff... please.

Last edited by biatch0; 08-27-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Child Filter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »