Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #145
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Really hope they can patch the QB styles back into the game. Really kills the immersion with playing with different QB's. Really hate some of the throwing animations. The passing does feel good at times, but definitely need slider adjustments for more inaccuracy. Also need qb's to get throw the ball away more instead of taking sacks.

The game does have solid moments though, and I like the direction it's going. I think the post play cameras actually look better on current gen at times, but next gen definitely has a new pop that was needed. Love the graphics and details. Definitely have had some cool moments in my limited play times on PS4.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #146
Pro

OVR: 8

Whap, Doink!, then cut left- BOOM!
Where did that Train come from?

Line Play greatly improved- Tested a Connected Draft with Great Line and it made a BIG difference in the Run Game.

Address the issues that have been posted many times on the forum and EA will get the Best Madden yet.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
First off, I'm not the type of person to say these things lightly, I've been around a long time and basically seen it all when it comes to sports games, that said, This is the greatest football game ever made.....on the field. Better than the early Gameday's, better than those late PS2 Madden's, and yes better than NFL 2K5. IMO there's no denying it, even if you want to.
Off the field, I haven't dove in deep enough to give a definitive answer. Of course sim stats need fixing, and from what folks are saying the progression system concerns me, but other than that I really can't comment yet. Gameplay though? Best ever.
Agreed 110%, I've played pretty much every Madden whether I owned it or not, along with the 2K's, Gamedays, Tecmo Bowl's, SportsTalk Football, everything. And this feels, at least so far, as the best of them yet.

My only real concern is EA's penchant for wanting to reinvent the wheel with every release. When the game's bad, as it has been lately, then by all means, this was necessary. But the foundation is good, everything that's right with the game now needs to remain in the game next year. It may not provide the splashy back of the box headlines they need, but damn it, they've finally righted the ship after a mostly sub-par generation (PS3/360). Now isn't the time to play around, the only consecutive releases from my memory that didn't totally destroy what came before was Madden 2004-2005 & '10-11. Let's hope for the best...

Last edited by jdareal21; 08-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #148
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinkle
How can I use the official roster update for connected franchise? Am I missing something? I've tried both options of importing roster and using default roster and both are the same (not the updated roster)
I'm wondering the exact same thing. I can't seem to start a CFM with any updated rosters.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #149
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Overall, I'd say Madden is finally playable for the first time since the PS2 versions, but still a ways to go before being accepted as a true sim.

I have to base my impressions off of All-Pro since all I play is ranked online. On All-Pro the passing game is too easy and it just feels unrealistic how you can consistently thread the needle into double coverage with average QBs like Flacco. Also, I'm starting to notice that curl routes might be the new money plays in Madden. I just played against someone who gained all of his yards off of curls and screens, despite me calling for my corners to play underneath. This coverage adjustment literally made 0 difference as he was still able to consistently hit curls play after play. Switching to zone, opens up an array of other weaknesses. In zone there are always going to be windows, but those windows in Madden are so easy to exploit it makes zone coverage worse than it should be.

I know most of these issues mentioned above are solved on All Madden, but huge let down that we're forced into All Pro only for ranked.

I like how the running game is actually a challenge this year, it doesn't feel like you can cheese it up anymore. The downside is that the way run plays and block assignments develop are still extremely flawed. Run game on 2k felt a little more natural and less predetermined.

Still some big flaws in terms of realism, but some core aspects of sim football are finally in place making the game enjoyable.

Pros:

Graphics and player models
Longer quarter length for ranked play (not sure when that changed, but last I played Madden ranked games were too short)
Player weight and momentum
Being set in the pocket matters now along with improved control over your passes
Stats seem fairly reasonable, aside from completion percentages
Less cheese
Great presentation and commentary (feels realistic)
Feels like X's and O's matter now, but definitely still a lot of room to grow in that regard

Cons:

Game doesn't feel physical and intense. Significant lack of big hits
Trying to make precise movements can get somewhat clunky
Coverage adjustments don't have the impact that they should
I don't notice much of a difference between different style of running backs
Run game is definitely hugely improved, but still doesn't develop as realistically as 2k
Too easy to pound the ball in on goaline
No PI
Sometimes defenders won't react to the ball at all despite manual input and being in position to do so

Solid 7.5/10 (again, would definitely score a little higher if All Madden was default)
I agree with the lack of intensity on defense. It's like they took the hit stick away.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 0

Before even playing a game, I went into community files and got skyboxer's cpu and player sliders, switched up to All-Pro, 15 minute quarters and slow speed. Then I fired up a game between the Dolphins (me) and Steelers, because I figured they'd be fairly evenly matched. Wrong, wrong, I ended up winning 64-0. 600+ yards for the Dolphins, with an 80% completion rate and 350 passing yards plus another 250 on the ground plus 11 sacks on defense. Steelers completed exactly half their passes and ended up with only 85 yards total. No turnovers in the game and no penalties until I jacked everything up to 90 for the second half and saw exactly one facemask penalty.

My initial impression is that the game looks amazing and seems like it could be extremely fun after we get some good sliders worked up.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #151
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Played against the Vikings. AP only had 84 yards rushing, with the bulk of it coming in the 4th. Johnny Football can run his little butt off and break tackles like a power back. Throwing deep with Johnny however was a no go. Joe Hadden was a beast, however he dropped 8 interceptions that hit him square in the hands.

I do like that CPU punters coffin kick now. They were pinning me at the 3 and 5 yard line a lot. I must say I also love the level of dirt uniforms have this year, even in clear weather. Players get filthy and I love it.

I still hate the limited weather options though. How hard is it to program light, medium and heavy for rain and snow options ? I do notice at times CPU ball carriers will run out of bounds even when they shouldn't. It is usually because they will try a spin or juke along the sidelines. Instead of doing it towards the inside of the field, they will do it towards the outside and end up juking or spinning out of bounds.

I had an instance where a defender pushed my ball carrier all the way to the bench. No flag.... I mean he literally kept pushing him until both of them crashed into the bench. I thought for sure that would draw a flag, but nope.

Hell the only flag I saw so far was false start....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #152
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Pappy, I am on PS4, I have not noticed anything but buttery goodness! LOL

I usually would put this in the video thread BUT since my impression is how well the CPU can actually run the ball, I felt it would help the case..

This is CPU Ben Tate for Browns vs Colts (ME)
Spoiler
Was he attempting to celebrate along the Colts sideline afterward? Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »