Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great review, I agree 100%
Old 08-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #130
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Ypu are telling me that Madden 25 is better thanadden 15? Because I am pretty sure 25 got an 8.0 last year.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #131
Rookie

This is a fantastic review that hits on, compliments, critiques and explains all facets of the game that I saw in my 6 hours with it. I disagree with the final grade but not by much.
You can't label everyone who dislikes Madden as "always a Madden *****" just as you cannot label all folks who love it as "fanboys". I once loved Madden but in what seems a long time ago 2k came out and I bought their game.
THE THING IS----I didn't want to buy 2K at first because I actually LOVED Madden and buying any other game was almost sacrilege to me. It wasn't until I went to a friends house and saw 2k football that I switched. I then fell in love with another football game. I never thought it was possible!
Everyone knows how the rest of the console football wars story goes but (despite EA's horrific monopoly now) I buy the game every year cuz I love the NFL..... And every single year I have been disappointed.
For context, I only play offline franchise mode and occasionally connected franchise with some buddies. I don't venture online to play because it is too much of a role of the dice of what you get-it always seems to hover between a real football fan that just wants to play and a child that does not get enough attention from his parents.
Anywayyyy.....on the impressions thread here at OS a few days ago I posted a semi favorable reply of my experience after a couple hours with the new Madden. After four more hours with the game and its flaws( that are so well described in the OS review) I have decided-- for the very first time ever---- I will not be buying a football game this year. I would have given this years Madden one full point lower than the OS review. This game is beautiful to look at but it's like a gorgeous model with kind of a crappy personality.
I'm lucky though. I love the Show on my PS4, and on XB1 Fifa and the NHL series (which never disappoint) and they will temper my NFL videogame sadness. The only difference this year is I won't be trading in Madden a month later to get credit toward those latter games. I am not a *****. I am not a fanboy of 2k. I just want a great NFL football sim no matter who is making it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #132
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

I always told myself I'd get Madden if OS rated it an 8.5. So I think I'll pass..I like the look of the new defense but not enough to sway me. I made the mistake getting Madden 25..fortunately I got most of my money back.

I still got The Show, and I'm looking forward to NHL. Oh and The Golf Club is out today..my new must have.

Good review..

Btw, if the reviews of Uncharted 4 is bad I'm still getting it.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #133
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Ypu are telling me that Madden 25 is better thanadden 15? Because I am pretty sure 25 got an 8.0 last year.
If we reviewed games on a linear scale like that, every game would be a 10 right now or games from 10 years ago would have to be rated 2s and 3s. Games are rated based upon the situation they are in, the value they offer to the genre (which changes EVERY year), and the condition they are in at launch -- and then there's the little thing about reviewer subjectivity. Simply put, you can only take one review for what it is, one person's (in this case mine) opinion on a game...and in the larger context vs. other prior games, the scores are meant to reflect the value of a game on release day on store shelves.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #134
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I feel like the game will always have imperfections, but at least they made defense more fun to play. That has always been the biggest issue I've had.....I turn the ball over a couple of times and I get fed up with the game, mainly because it was so boring to play D. Just got my email from Gamefly, it's on the way baby!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Smartest man in the room thus far
No one who says "could care less" is the smartest anything anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #136
Rookie

dukefan123a's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

what up with the weird defensive camera angles. Is there a way to get back to the original camera view where you can see the hole defense? I hate being zoned in on one guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »