Home

Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #65
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Absolutely. I'll go a step farther: SF would have hoisted a Lombardi Trophy last year if they had either one of these qbs instead of Kaep.
Well, Coogrfan, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Romo and Rivers have never even led their team to a SB before, so how you can say that they would have won one with SF is beyond me. Some guys are clutch - Romo isn't. Never has been, never will be. Rivers has some nice clutch games in the regular season, but again, what has he done in the play-offs???

He's 4-5 in the play-offs, not exactly a ringing endorsement. And Romo is 1-3 and last appeared in a play-off game in 2009! Since '09 he's 25-28 as a starting QB. Kaep, on the other hand, is 4-2 in play-offs, with 2 4th quarter comebacks and 3 of those 4 wins were on the road and is 17-6 in the regular season. Huge difference!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #66
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Well, Coogrfan, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Romo and Rivers have never even led their team to a SB before, so how you can say that they would have won one with SF is beyond me. Some guys are clutch - Romo isn't. Never has been, never will be. Rivers has some nice clutch games in the regular season, but again, what has he done in the play-offs???

He's 4-5 in the play-offs, not exactly a ringing endorsement. And Romo is 1-3 and last appeared in a play-off game in 2009! Since '09 he's 25-28 as a starting QB. Kaep, on the other hand, is 4-2 in play-offs, with 2 4th quarter comebacks and 3 of those 4 wins were on the road and is 17-6 in the regular season. Huge difference!!!
I think he was implying that if Romo or Rivers had the defense and talent that Kap has. Conversely if Kap was on the Chargers or Cowboys we wouldn't even be talking about him.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #67
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I think he was implying that if Romo or Rivers had the defense and talent that Kap has. Conversely if Kap was on the Chargers or Cowboys we wouldn't even be talking about him.
I still disagree though. Last year Kaep was without his personal favorite WR most of the year as Michael Crabtree was injured. That affected the entire passing game for the 49ers until Crabtree came back. My feeling is that if Rivers/Romo were on SF last year, they wouldn't have even made the play-offs. JMHO.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Well, Coogrfan, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Romo and Rivers have never even led their team to a SB before, so how you can say that they would have won one with SF is beyond me.

Umm...because SF's passing game was their only real weakness last year, and both Romo and Rivers are significantly better qb's than Kaep?

Quote:
Some guys are clutch - Romo isn't. Never has been, never will be. Rivers has some nice clutch games in the regular season, but again, what has he done in the play-offs???

source:
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RomoTo00

So much for Romo not being "clutch".

Quote:
(Rivers is) 4-5 in the play-offs, not exactly a ringing endorsement. And Romo is 1-3 and last appeared in a play-off game in 2009! Since '09 he's 25-28 as a starting QB. Kaep, on the other hand, is 4-2 in play-offs, with 2 4th quarter comebacks and 3 of those 4 wins were on the road and is 17-6 in the regular season. Huge difference!!!
Come on, you're better than this. Take a minute and go read post #49 of this thread.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-26-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #69
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011

Exactly. Put Kaep on the miserable Cowboy teams of the last 3 seasons and he's Quincy Carter 2.0.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Absolutely. I'll go a step farther: SF would have hoisted a Lombardi Trophy last year if they had either one of these qbs instead of Kaep.
Despite the fact that Rivers and Romo have both been on very good teams and not gotten it done? Ok.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #71
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I still disagree though. Last year Kaep was without his personal favorite WR most of the year as Michael Crabtree was injured. That affected the entire passing game for the 49ers until Crabtree came back. My feeling is that if Rivers/Romo were on SF last year, they wouldn't have even made the play-offs. JMHO.
That is your opinion and your entitled to it. I just don't see how you can possibly think they wouldn't make the playoffs with a QB who can throw 4000+ yards, pass for 30+ TD's and have a completion percentage over 60%. With one of these guys they might have had a chance to beat Seattle in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #72
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
Despite the fact that Rivers and Romo have both been on very good teams and not gotten it done? Ok.

Neither has played on a team that was even remotely as talent laden (or as well coached) as the 2011-13 Niners.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-26-2014 at 12:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »