Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:03 AM   #521
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This was specifically mentioned by Josh Looman as fixed in a video interview with Tradition Sports or VSN, I forget which but one of the two. The interview was released with the CFM info drop.

Beyond that, let's keep the thread on-topic of the simulation stats discussion please. Thanks.
Didn't Looman specifically mention they fixed Sim stats as well? I think we should probably assume whatever comes out of his mouth has a 50/50 shot at being right at this point. I wonder how much he is actually involved in the programming of the game? At this point he seems to just be a mouthpiece for madden and their "awesome" features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #522
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

So in order to change the coaches schemes I have to control 32 teams? Will I still be able to just play as one team and let the CPU handle the others? Will they also do trades or is that something I would have to do?

Last edited by Cowboy008; 08-26-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #523
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Didn't Looman specifically mention they fixed Sim stats as well? I think we should probably assume whatever comes out of his mouth has a 50/50 shot at being right at this point. I wonder how much he is actually involved in the programming of the game? At this point he seems to just be a mouthpiece for madden and their "awesome" features.
We should assume that EA Austin made a good-faith effort to fix it if they specifically mentioned a long-time bug and called it fix. If it isn't fixed, well, they're human after all, and it's a video game so it's not the end of the world and no one should be crucified over it.

Looman himself is a lead designer, not a programmer, so his day-to-day responsibilities building and maintaining the code base are probably limited. However, that doesn't mean he lacks programming knowledge. Designers wear many hats at game studios.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #524
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
So in order to change the coaches schemes I have to control 32 teams? Will I still be able to just play as one team and let the CPU handle the others? Will they also do trades or is that something I would have to do?
When creating coach characters for a 32-user offline CFM, you can set up most roster management tasks - fill roster, offseason free agent signing, depth chart reordering - to be performed by the CPU.

The draft is likely going to be something you have to button through (though you can delegate individual picks to the CPU), and trades won't happen in a 32-user setting unless you force them to happen.

What one might do is "retire" the created coach characters right as the offseason starts (after resetting their team scheme settings back to the default values) to give the AI full control of its roster management. Retiring an existing coach character does not remove him from the game; i.e. if my character is Jason Garrett and I retire him, Jason Garrett remains in the game save and remains the head coach of the Cowboys, but I lose control of him and can no longer perform any roster moves as the Cowboys.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #525
MVP

OVR: 6

Can you regain control of them for the next season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #526
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
We should assume that EA Austin made a good-faith effort to fix it if they specifically mentioned a long-time bug and called it fix. If it isn't fixed, well, they're human after all, and it's a video game so it's not the end of the world and no one should be crucified over it.

Looman himself is a lead designer, not a programmer, so his day-to-day responsibilities building and maintaining the code base are probably limited. However, that doesn't mean he lacks programming knowledge. Designers wear many hats at game studios.

So a lead designer at a major studio, making millions off of madden, promises to fix a known legacy issue that has plagued the game for years, that with this years confidence/progression/regression system causes every single off line cfm players game to be unplayable, and we just appreciate the good faith effort and hope next year when we clonk down 60$ that we didn't get fooled again?

Oi.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #527
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Can you regain control of them for the next season?
I don't see why not, just create a new character and take over that same AI head coach again.

Probably worth testing but I'm fairly certain that nothing prevents you from taking control back from the AI at your discretion via creating new characters.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #528
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
When creating coach characters for a 32-user offline CFM, you can set up most roster management tasks - fill roster, offseason free agent signing, depth chart reordering - to be performed by the CPU.

The draft is likely going to be something you have to button through (though you can delegate individual picks to the CPU), and trades won't happen in a 32-user setting unless you force them to happen.

What one might do is "retire" the created coach characters right as the offseason starts (after resetting their team scheme settings back to the default values) to give the AI full control of its roster management. Retiring an existing coach character does not remove him from the game; i.e. if my character is Jason Garrett and I retire him, Jason Garrett remains in the game save and remains the head coach of the Cowboys, but I lose control of him and can no longer perform any roster moves as the Cowboys.
Are you saying you think we could theoretically set up their scheme and playbook, retire them, and then it will theoretically save the scheme and playbook to them while allowing us to go back to just controlling one team?

I might have to try to test this out whenever I get home after work.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »