Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Just curious here.....instead of controlling all 32,would it be possible to set everything up outside of CFM (coach changes) then start your franchise?
I would like to know this answer as well.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:50 PM   #450
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowbr4
I would like to know this answer as well.
As would I
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #451
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Can anyone else take this method and try other schemes? Better yet, I think a new thread is needed so we, as a community, can get this work around accomplished.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #452
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Angel how did the stats for the defense look?
Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #453
Banned

OVR: 5

I say major kudos for the guy even finding someway to offset the poor sims stats which lead to poor progression.

But doesn't changing all teams offensive scheme to the same things "balanced and vertical" lead to teams being to much alike? Wouldn't all teams then draft for the same type of players? Have the same goals? Look for the same types of free agents? Wouldn't this make offensive schemes irrelevant? Maybe the cost/benefit of the simmed stats workaround is enough to offset losing offensive schemes.

Kudos to the guy finding this. Sure hope EA/Tib fixes this.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #454
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I say major kudos for the guy even finding someway to offset the poor sims stats which lead to poor progression.

But doesn't changing all teams offensive scheme to the same things "balanced and vertical" lead to teams being to much alike? Wouldn't all teams then draft for the same type of players? Have the same goals? Look for the same types of free agents? Wouldn't this make offensive schemes irrelevant? Maybe the cost/benefit of the simmed stats workaround is enough to offset losing offensive schemes.

Yeah the workaround is perfect for people like me who play one season but there are potential issues for multiple season players.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #455
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60

I would assume it can affect how the AI builds its teams, since it changes one of the components it will look for for team fit. Mostly during the offseason free agency step when team scheme fit is one of the specific components a player evaluates when sorting offers. Changing the team scheme won't affect a player's scheme-specific OVR rating, however, which (I'm guessing) is probably more important in how the AI determines the value of players already on its roster, and thus team needs / free agency targets / draft targets.

Changing a team's scheme will most likely affect how much XP the AI players gain for their goals by some amount, as all players receive a small bonus to their weekly goal XP reward if their scheme matches the team's scheme. It may apply a bonus to XP rewarded for season goals as well, I'm not 100% sure. If I recall correctly, the tasks assigned for player weekly and season goals are determined by player style (ex. One-Cut RB / Receiving RB / etc.), not team style (ex. Vertical Offense / Power Run / etc.); assuming that's correct, nothing to worry about in that area specifically.

In any event, one could revert the coach schemes back to their original values right before the offseason starts to ensure that the roster management AI isn't affected during the time period when there are the most roster changes.

Bottom line - there are consequences, I don't think they will be too severe but I could be wrong. There is definitely non-zero impact.

Last edited by Hooe; 08-25-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #456
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I would assume it can affect how the AI builds its teams, since it changes one of the components it will look for for team fit. Mostly during the offseason free agency step when team scheme fit is one of the specific components a player evaluates when sorting offers. Changing the team scheme won't affect a player's scheme-specific OVR rating, however, which (I'm guessing) is probably more important in how the AI determines the value of players already on its roster, and thus team needs / free agency targets / draft targets.

Changing a team's scheme will most likely affect how much XP the AI players gain for their goals by some amount, as all players receive a small bonus to their weekly goal XP reward if their scheme matches the team's scheme. It may apply a bonus to XP rewarded for season goals as well, I'm not 100% sure. If I recall correctly, the tasks assigned for player weekly and season goals are determined by player style (ex. One-Cut RB / Receiving RB / etc.), not team style (ex. Vertical Offense / Power Run / etc.); assuming that's correct, nothing to worry about in that area specifically.

In any event, one could revert the coach schemes back to their original values right before the offseason starts to ensure that the roster management AI isn't affected during the time period when there are the most roster changes.

Bottom line - there are consequences, I don't think they will be too severe but I could be wrong. There is definitely non-zero impact.
Yes an EA fix would likely still be ideal, but if this gets run a few more times and bears out without too much other impact a lot of CFM guys could live with it I think.

Im back on the fence which is a better place to be than in the no buy column.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »