Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #121
Pro

OVR: 0
What does this mean? "The ability to play your Connected Franchise with friends is obviously a big bonus"

Does this mean I can have a connected franchise and play coop with a friend against the computer? That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #122
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

I suppose an individuals rating of the game would depend on how they play it, where I'm guessing Chris is rating the entire game.

An online gamer might rate the game higher as they weight gameplay the most. An offline CFM gamer might rate the game much lower with the major sim stats/progression problems.

One persons 8.5 might be my 6. My score will probably go up if the CFM problems get patched.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
have you played m15 yet because its way better that your assessment
Yep, played it on xbone1 and everything I described still happens. Where do you think my assessment came from? Again, if you enjoy it man then good for you. Not knocking that. Just stating facts from my experience. But, tell ya what, I will be posting some video breakdowns and as soon as I do, I will send you a link and we can discuss it further. For now, I just simply agree to disagree.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
have you played m15 yet because its way better that your assessment
I guess you missed the part where I said FROM WHAT I PLAYED.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the review Chris. You have an (almost ) always interesting perspective.

I do have to question one of your conclusions and score though. The reason is that I think you (OperationSports.com) continue to greatly under value and under appreciate the force of change you could be.

Look, I totally get that you (OS) don't want to '...piss on another man's work...' so to speak, that's been a consistent attitude here at OS since forever AFAIK.

But a game that, admittedly in your own evaluation, is releasing in an incomplete state and requires patching out of the box to function properly...again?

My point is that an admittedly incomplete product warrants a definitively lower score than was given...or alternatively a non-rating and/or deferred until the game is in a "complete" state.

Larger than that, more 'louder' voices like OS do hold sway and influence in the larger 'sports gaming' community saying to EA/EA Sports/Tiburon that it is no longer an acceptable business practice to be taking advantage of their customers [and your own customers too btw] in this manner (the shipping an incomplete product and expecting you the community voices to carry their water).

/2 cents

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #126
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
A football game which finds its true strength on the field in the gameplay. With patches, will be a must-own title.

I don't care about the stat issue so to me this game is a 9.5 and Must own, today
Old 08-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #127
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4

got the retail copy on saturday

last yr (M25) i played it on the 360 and it i give it a 6.5/7 out of 10 and i feel like that was the best madden of last gen

i have ea access so i was able to play friday but was scared to use up my 6 hours

but when i finally got the retail copy and made my playbook and what

finally sat down to play and boy was i blown away...

play calling definitely plays an impact
(i got smacked by the 49ers on all madden but it was close until i started getting pass happy)

the presentation is a step above any madden i have yet to come across and is definitely if not on par above the rest of the sports game (with exception to mlb show and fifa because i never played them) (8 out of 10)
alot of people ask for like scores and whats going on around the league on the bottom ticker, but its hard to do that with games that only sim when you sim the weak, so its hard to replicated a ticker but i understand the want for it especially when it was in gen before last version.

graphics WOWed me (8 out of 10) they need to make the side line a little better and the crowd as well

what really made me feel like this is such a great game was that in last gen madden the field didnt really replicated real life, like the field felt to big, the proportions werent right in my opinion but this year i think that has finally changed and probably impact pass coverage for the better because the field feels so much tighter so will the zones ( i wonder if anyone noticed this)

one thing that i can say upset me was the taking out the practice feature in cfm

the game prep is a great idea, a little broken. Even though i may have only done it for 4 weeks of the preseason on my cfm it seems like it can be overpowered when you focus on certain players
you weekly balance of hours goes up week by week which is nice but the training is to general and i wish it was more hands on....

the edit playbook screen is a little clunky but nothing to complain about

i really dislike the play calling screen being vertical, I am so use to it being horizontal that is going to take me a while to get use to.

getting familiarized with the game and controls will be a learning curve in its self...

but boy there will be nay sayers but man oh man if you havent bought madden or waiting for the right one, this is the one to get!!! i guarentee it!!!!

duck it i give this game a 8.5 out of 10

this is the madden i have been waiting for....what made them finally wake up and make a quality game????

ea kinda burnt me with ea access but it wasnt that bad....madden made up for it and the only reason i would not like them is because of all the microtransactions just like the other gaming companies.....
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

The great thing is, almost all of the negatives are about things I don't really care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »