Home

Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #33
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs

i dont think russel is top 10, but they are the champs so they are going to get a bump ..

romo i think can be a 90+....

i think his problem is the coaching, if they ever hire a coach that tells the diva's the cowboys are known for the be quiet and play team ball romo will shine and win.

jerry jones, the drama and weak coaches is responsible for the boys always collapsing down the streach...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
Aside from Baltimore and Indy, I'm pretty sure the better D won, Pats were last that year vs the Giants in 2011 and struggling down the stretch in 07, Colts D is usually poor vs Saints, look up the D for both squads and tell me whose was better?

Peyton I'll give you, Brady had one full year, no injuries, with a true number 1 guy in Randy Moss and we see how that went. I would say Troy Brown, David Patten, David Givens, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, pre Brady/Manning Welker, Julian Edelman, 3 rookies and mediocre run games aside from corey Dillon's last few seasons are exactly star talent. Brees' number one guy is a slow 7th round pick in Colston, Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas who both undrafted if I'm not mistaken, a basketball player and no real running back to speak of. I would say those San Diego teams had more pure talent with LT, Sproles and Turner and Antonio Gates and some killer defenses before he blew out his shoulder. Romo's teams tend to have more pure talent around them
then Brady and Brees but the later make their teams a lot better than Romo.
In 2011 Patriots were 15th to the Giants 25th. Colts were 8th to the Saints 20th. 2007 Patriots were 4th to the Giants 17th and the Bears were 3rd to the Colts 23rd. Not that it matters, if your point is that top defenses win you can't limit that to just who had the better defense of the two super bowl teams.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow. people have no idea how good matt ryan is. he is 2x better than Russell wilson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 02:53 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
While I agree Russell Wilson's OVR is too high, I still think his individual ratings are accurate. Wilson is easily one of the quickest, most elusive QB's in the league and has a great arm. Setting up the Play Action is also one major strength of Wilson's.

Same OVR as Tom Brady? I don't think he should be, Brady is the better quarterback. EA just sets up their rating scale in a weird way and it needs to be stretched out more.
This is the pinnacle of the matter. Obviously the overalls are determined by a formula of the various attributes, and schemes will play into the weighting on each attribute. Brady will probably be rated higher as a Pocket Passer than Wilson is. These straight up lists of top 10 position players are probably obsolete with the various schemes. Maybe the list would be better with say list of top 10 Pocket Passers or Mobile QBs
Old 08-24-2014, 03:02 AM   #37
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

OVR doesn't mean jack squat. Never has, never will.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:03 AM   #38
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

romo only on there cause no clutch rating
Old 08-24-2014, 03:42 AM   #39
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc21045
5 out of the last 10 super bowl winners had defenses that ranked outside the top 10 in scoring: Bal (12), Giants (25), Saints (20), Giants (17), Colts (23)
Which would also mean 5 of out of the last 10 had defenses that were ranked in the top 10?
Old 08-24-2014, 05:30 AM   #40
Rookie

Tony Romo being the most overrated at 91 overall is the most preposterous thing I've seen from these updates in a long time. Being an UDFA you'd think he'd get some love universally, but I guess it's not the case. Even being bias as a cowboy fan I can say that he's top 10 QB in the NFL. 91 ovr is not a stretch by any means, check out the stats bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »