Home

Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

This is a discussion on Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #113
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

One image, one voice...

I've talked to him over the phone, chatted with him on AOL Instant Messenger (yes we are both that old). Never saw the guy in my life, but I met him by surprise at 2K Sports headquarters 4 or 5 years ago. He didn't have to introduce himself. I heard his voice as he walked through and I shouted at him. BIG CZAR!

While most know him as Da_Czar, his real name is Nino Samuel.

I've worked with him in the background for years and watched all of his YouTube videos from start to finish. Posted many of them on OS for everyone to watch and learn from. We even host some of his videos here at OS.

Today, it was announced that he has joined the NBA 2K development team, full time. He will be working with the gameplay team and will focus on the offensive AI system.

Please show this man some love by congratulating him on his new job.

Hopefully, he has the time to chime in at OS, like he has done over the years. All the best Nino!
Wow. I really honestly don't really know what to say. Thanks to Big Steve for the gracious words. He didn't have to give yall the Gubment name tho did he

OS is like home for me man been coming here forever. I appreciate all the heartfelt thoughts and well wishes.

I want to genuinely thank every single person who ever watched a video, listened to a radio show, read a blog, critiqued, debated, loved or hated any of the work we put out. Your support has and will continue to mean a lot to me.

I want to thank Rob Jones without whom this would not be possible and definitely Big Steve who has always been one of my biggest supporters. Even when I branched out on my own he was right there with the power of OS behind me to help me launch new projects.

I also want to say thank you to the dedicated team of professionals that already work at 2k they had a championship level team before I stepped in the door. I just want to do all I can to move the needle towards a better more sim based product every year I get the opportunity to do so.

Shout out to all the Old heads round here that have supported me from day 1. Too many to mention but we been through a lot together.

Many don't know this but I almost quit several years ago and 23 talked me down from the ledge. I am ever so grateful he had the vision I lacked at that time.

Also to my DUDE Sage the Infinite who has been lacing me with custom tracks since day uno. Whenever I need that brother he has been willing and waiting.

Again I could go on for 1,000 words thanking each and every one of you but I digress. And I been around long enough to know the Love fest will be over come Oct 7th. LOL.

I have always and still do believe that the hardcore community is our best source of ideas and inspiration. No one puts as much time into the game as you do. I hope to continue to read and debate with you all on the best ways to bring about the ultimate simulation basketball experience. Just remember that Rome was not built in a day.

PS. Working with Mike and OG is dope as hell and as I mentioned the rest of this team are highly capable and motivated.

Thank you all again.

#SimNation

PS. Yall know without the support of Big Mamma a none of this would ever have happened. She sang, she ran the camera, she answered the phone, motivated me, watched the kids woke me up early to upload all nite renders. Simply put she is the bomb diggity and I could not pursue my dream without her support.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 08-22-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Congrats, Czar. I loved the radio show and your YouTube videos. They kept me awake at work and on road trips more times than I can count.

Best of luck.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #115
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

I've been a long time reader here and a huge 2K fan. Really happy for you and happy for the fans that will benefit from your knowledge and dedication.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #116
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

The man has spoken!!

Im throwing an ode to him with his old stuff

If you weren't around for Sim Citi Sports you truly missed how special a time it was

Old 08-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #117
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Czar twas the nite before 2k7

my all time fav lol

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 15

Congrats Czar!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #119
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

First of all, somebody needs to get on the ball and get that blue off Czar's name already hahaha.

And my dude 23 is like a dj from the '80s digging through crates of old records right now with the vids. Keep the hits coming man.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM   #120
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You never knew backdoor cuts were so interesting lol.... seriously

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »