Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 2
After 2 hours of play I have to say I like what I see. So far coverage on all pro is hard but fair. The running game is harder but when you read it right there have been some good holes to run in. Big plays do occur but they so far seem fair. I saw a face mask that was actual verified in game play. Not perfect as the hand really lever hit the face mask but the players head turned af it it was yanked.

Bears vs lions played down to the wire both times as it should they are closely matched. That I like much.
Let's see if the feeling holds up
Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #130
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Gotta say, very happy with first 2 games played. While I know some will still complain about particular animations, I have to say they are much smoother than they've ever been - meaning the transition of animations. I've already seen in 2 games better WR animations. The game def 'feels' different, too. The movement feels less herky jerky than I thought I saw on vids (maybe, the compression arg was legit? Idk, but game plays smoother than I noticed on videos, so def happy about that). Replays ARE better, also. Once again, the vids had me thinking, 'oh. They're not better. Wtf?' But, now playing the game, they make sense and transition well. Maybe, a little too zoomed in and short in duration, but adequate and nothing to truly bitc$ about. Zoom camera is nice and really digging the d cam. Brees and cam newton both threw for 70%, AND took too many sacks in my 2 games, but this might be slidered out. Overall, gameplay is fun, realistic enough, tough enough d. Gauntlet mode is def a nice addition. I'm really enjoying it. I hate to say it, because I've been disappointed by madden for so long, I almost WANT to complain more about it. Lol. But, I can't. It's really a solid game right now. Can't wait to start a franchise and maybe even play online some. For those that are complaining, I really think we've all just been so disappointed and used to being disappointed, that it's hard to see the good. I say, play the game more. This is the best I've seen it, that's for sure. Another thing I haven't seen anyone posting. The field size vs player size feels much more correct now. And, I'm happy about that, too. Throwing deep really feels like throwing deep and u feel that separation between WR, CB, and SS/FS. Instead of everyone being in the same general area. Anyways, I'm happy and can't believe I'm saying this, but, 'Good job, ea madden team.' Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #131
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I might as well. Get used to it smh. But still I wanna check for myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 AM   #132
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky
It would be quite something if all the people who never have anything positive to say about Madden held these other sports games to the same critical standard they hold Madden to. I mean seriously, it's a video game. Some of the criticisms I see on the net are just laughable. Nitpicking over the most trivial stuff. I'll bet there are a ton of people who often go right to instant replay so they can meticulously scan the field looking for things to nitpick about on their favorite message board. But when it coms to other sports games they'll overlook a ton of of the same type of imperfection.
Right. Cause MLB The Show and NBA2K both have legacy issues. 2k's commentary is very repetitive but you never hear a complaint about that. The Show is just straight out boring. Just like real baseball so I guess they did get "Sim" right.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:29 AM   #133
Rookie

Cavs2Bears15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Do we still not have penalties? realistic movement, footplanting? Not getting a good feeling again this year.
Both those things (Movement and footplanting) are definitely in the game I love not being able to swerve and pick up 20 extra yards every time. And in my time playing I thought WR/DB interaction was much more present then previous versions of Madden.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #134
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Worst. Impressions. Thread. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #135
Rookie

yanek27's Arena

OVR: 2

Played first full game with Titans @ Soldier Field.

1.Graphics wise, the game has even out done last year in a way like wow.
2.Locker actually resembles himself as he walks up to the line.
3.Defense is actually fun once you figure out what is going on.
4.Played as Casey for most of game, had an early sack then I was double teamed the rest of the game.
5. No fumbles either team
6. scrambled left with Locker, he threw across his body then got hit and threw a perfect dart 40 yards down field (looks to be an issue again with accuracy)
7. Cutler controlled by CPU did overthrow Marshall a few times.
8. Lance Briggs head is HUGE, as well as many other players, I mean its very noticeable
9. Kicking is different but it works
10. stadium, scoreboard, field is awesome
11. half-time was cool and so are the tv broadcast, seems like CBS without CBS. very cool

based on one game I would give it a 8/10. Better than last year but still odd movements, too many perfect throws, Jim & Phil, play calling will take some time to master as well. Nice step forward for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looks like I will have to wait on OPS experts and sliders. The game feels great, looks great but I have some issues. Let me preface by saying I've been playing madden since year one but I'm a causal player so I play on all pro and always remain competitive. Here was my problem.

TB vs Hawks. They beat me 35-14 sounds reasonable but...
Wilson was 20-20 did not throw one incomplete pass, that has never happen to me in a game. The other was not a single penalty. The sliders were default and I played in all pro. Also simply no fatigue Lynch ran the ball every time.

I worry about the high completion percentage. Why have they not fixed this? Once again no penalties, they have not fixed that. Love the game but year after year the little things kill the realism of the game. Please experts on sliders fix this though in a perfect world it would be fixed out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »