Home

Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers

This is a discussion on Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
No, I said I would not continue to reward them financially for this crap exploitation (and borderline false advertising) tactic.

I WILL reward them financially for creating an unlimited use disc copy of a product that I will get probably hundreds of hours of use out of.
You expect a lot for $2.50 a month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #202
Rookie

B1MM3R's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd give it a SOLID 9 out of 10. This is by far the best madden iv'e played. No more guranteed 45+ yard run and pass plays. DL are smart and sniff out screen plays sometimes. WR will go up and get the ball in air and try to get 2 fit in. Also you can push the pile and fight for extra yards to get a first down/touch down. QB will miss wide open recievers sometimes like in real life. That's just my opinion of course.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #203
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelmeoriginal
You expect a lot for $2.50 a month.
What's $2.50 a month?

I spent $5 for 6 hours of access. And while you might not think that's a lot, I for one see that as a horrible precedent to set - "charge for a set amount of access time"

With all the people saying they are going to sign up for multiple X-Box Live accounts to buy more time (and a growing shift to digital media), how long until these companies - instead of charging a one time $60 to own the game and play as much as you want - start charging you $5 for a set amount of hours? $5 for 6 hours, $9 for 12 hours, and $20 for 20 hours?

If I pay for access to something, I want unlimited access to it. Especially when the advertising for it implied that by getting EA Access, you'd have full access to Madden 15 for 5 days. Not 6 hours of access. It's a bad model that was falsely advertised.

Had I known that EA Access would only give me 6 hours of access, I would have saved my $5 and waited until Tuesday.

Like someone said earlier in the thread - people keep giving in because "oh $5 isn't that bad", that gives these companies the go ahead to gradually make things worse.

The game, however, is solid, and being part of a great 32 man online franchise, I will get lots and lots of use out of my $60 retail purchase.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #204
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

If I use my friend's XBL account on my system will he have 6 hours of play time?
Old 08-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #205
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
What's $2.50 a month?

I spent $5 for 6 hours of access. And while you might not think that's a lot, I for one see that as a horrible precedent to set - "charge for a set amount of access time"

With all the people saying they are going to sign up for multiple X-Box Live accounts to buy more time (and a growing shift to digital media), how long until these companies - instead of charging a one time $60 to own the game and play as much as you want - start charging you $5 for a set amount of hours? $5 for 6 hours, $9 for 12 hours, and $20 for 20 hours?

If I pay for access to something, I want unlimited access to it. Especially when the advertising for it implied that by getting EA Access, you'd have full access to Madden 15 for 5 days. Not 6 hours of access. It's a bad model that was falsely advertised.

Had I known that EA Access would only give me 6 hours of access, I would have saved my $5 and waited until Tuesday.

Like someone said earlier in the thread - people keep giving in because "oh $5 isn't that bad", that gives these companies the go ahead to gradually make things worse.

The game, however, is solid, and being part of a great 32 man online franchise, I will get lots and lots of use out of my $60 retail purchase.
OK. Like I said earlier, you made your point. Stop derailing the thread with this stuff. Let the people who dont think its a bad precedent enjoy themselves. Last warning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #206
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwrazorback
I'm PS4 user who has been on the fence whether to get this year's game or not. Scrolling through here I am seeing mostly positive reviews from those with early access. Even if it's based on just a few hours of play, can you guys post some quick ratings on a basic scale of 1-10 and mention if you will or won't be buying based on what you've seen so far?
I'd give it a solid 9..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #207
Rookie

Soprano00's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
If I pay for access to something, I want unlimited access to it.
Just wait a couple of days more and you'll get what you want.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #208
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry if this has been brought up but ...

Has anyone tried Starting up Madden via EA Access, and than pulling the plug on your internet and just play it offline?

I tried it yesterday and it works. I just have over 3 hours left on my Trial and didn't have the time to test it by playing it over a couple hours to see if it registers against my total trial time limit.

So, to sum it up I know you can play it offline, I just don't know if that counts against your trial time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »