Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
To the OS Reviewer: When you are top story on a new release, give a fair assessment of the game. First the platform, then early access with 6 hours of playing time. So we lose 15 minutes due to the boot sequence of next years superbowl, total nonsense and no-one is looking to see this. The constant delay waiting to get synched up is a problem, the menu structure changed again. First look and feel is this makes no sense. Why not allocate efforts in fixing the broken parts. Online was a mess with madden 25, any change there, or are we left with another broken element of the game. Bottom line an unbiased review is helpful, anything is worthless. I don't post much but i do expect a better effort,. You lost me after thinking this is one of the best games ever , after an hour of playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Luckily for everyone who doesn't agree with the write up, you can read many other reviews, or try the game for yourself. Not everyone has the same opinion.

I know there has been plenty of times I never saw a certain issue or bug with a game and then I browse the forums and my enjoyment for the game is ruined. We all see different things. Some people could think one area is greatly improved, while someone else could think the improvement is minimal. That's why once release date happens I pretty much avoid that section of the forums because I don't want someone to find a bug that I would have never noticed and ruin my enjoyment.
This I can totally agree with. I don't know how many times this site has ruined my enjoyment for a madden title. Sometimes I can't even visit this site bc i know that someone has found something that will totally ruin my enjoyment.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #107
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrick
To the OS Reviewer: When you are top story on a new release, give a fair assessment of the game. First the platform, then early access with 6 hours of playing time. So we lose 15 minutes due to the boot sequence of next years superbowl, total nonsense and no-one is looking to see this. The constant delay waiting to get synched up is a problem, the menu structure changed again. First look and feel is this makes no sense. Why not allocate efforts in fixing the broken parts. Online was a mess with madden 25, any change there, or are we left with another broken element of the game. Bottom line an unbiased review is helpful, anything is worthless. I don't post much but i do expect a better effort,. You lost me after thinking this is one of the best games ever , after an hour of playing.
That's the beauty of subjective opinions, you have yours, everyone else has theirs.

Not everyone thinks the same, feels the same.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0
It would be quite something if all the people who never have anything positive to say about Madden held these other sports games to the same critical standard they hold Madden to. I mean seriously, it's a video game. Some of the criticisms I see on the net are just laughable. Nitpicking over the most trivial stuff. I'll bet there are a ton of people who often go right to instant replay so they can meticulously scan the field looking for things to nitpick about on their favorite message board. But when it coms to other sports games they'll overlook a ton of of the same type of imperfection.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #109
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesrick
What qualifies as a fair assessment to you? Only pointing out the things you don't agree with? His review was very fair he didn't say it was the best game he ever played, he pointed out both pros and cons. It also helps if you read the first paragraph of his review where he says he is playing a retail release. He is not reviewing the EA Access version.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I think EA Tiburon should put their egos aside and just copy the presentation elements from MLB The Show and NBA 2k. IGN said the highlights don't even sync properly with the commentary and there are parts where there's Just dead silence. Also, that Super Bowl presentation is mediocre. The Super Bowl is the most watched event in the US every year. Treat it as such. I appreciate the effort, but I don't understand why Madden is so far behind sports games, and don't even mention how far they are, techologically speaking, behind other genres.
The Show? The Show gets way too much cred for presentation. The team celebration cutscenes for The Show have been a complete joke for years. 162 game season plus playoffs and you're rewarded with the most underwhelming, short championship cutscene of any sports game on the market. Madden has had it beat since at least Madden 10, and it's not even close. The commentary on The Show is every bit as repetitive as it is on Madden, especially on RTTS. The pre-game/post-game presentation is pretty much exactly the same in the regular season as it is in the postseason and all it really amounts to are various camera shots of the guys tossing the ball back and forth, stretching, and showing each team's lineup with the same stale commentary during these segments. And it's been the same for years. Madden does it the way it's done on prime time telecasts. The Show has gotten every bit as stale as Madden gets flak for but it doesn't get held to the same standard Madden does.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky
The Show? The Show gets way too much cred for presentation. The team celebration cutscenes for The Show have been a complete joke for years. 162 game season plus playoffs and you're rewarded with the most underwhelming, short championship cutscene of any sports game on the market. Madden has had it beat since at least Madden 10, and it's not even close. The commentary on The Show is every bit as repetitive as it is on Madden, especially on RTTS. The pre-game/post-game presentation is pretty much exactly the same in the regular season as it is in the postseason and all it really amounts to are various camera shots of the guys tossing the ball back and forth, stretching, and showing each team's lineup with the same stale commentary during these segments. And it's been the same for years. Madden does it the way it's done on prime time telecasts. The Show has gotten every bit as stale as Madden gets flak for but it doesn't get held to the same standard Madden does.
Presentation should be at a NBA2k level. They're interviews, they're commentary, and their celebrations are legit. (Imagine if Madden had something similar to 2k real voice?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #112
Banned

OVR: 1
I watched someone playing it last night through PS4 live stream and I dunno...it did not help sell me. It has great graphics, sure but man it looked the same from when I last played in M13. Yes I know there are animation differences and tweaks to the defense but the view...is still the same. I need more info on player CCFM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »