Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Has anyone tried to see if there is a difference between online and offline CFM? I remember Madden 13 the online version got tuning that made the stats a lot better.

Hopefully we as a community can figure something out, stats are a pretty huge deal for me.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 AM   #218
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

How much does the new "game prep" feature combined with overall lowered QB accuracy and increased defensive awareness, affecting these numbers. What were the sim slider settings? I saw some people streaming saying they dropped the QB accuracy even further right out of the box to 25-40 instead of 50 out of the box.

Is the CPU properly using game prep to offset a bad game by the QB during the SIM, keeping his confidence/ overall higher? it doesn't appear so and i haven't seen anyone mention how prep affects these statistical outputs.

Is there a toggle or slider for auto game prep?
How is this affected by 32 team control, simming, and game prep?

I'm still working but if no one has the answer I'll test myself after I download, if its working this time (tried at noon). I suspect that the new game prep feature along with lower accuracy numbers are affecting the sim numbers, and can be affected with slider/coaching tweaks.

Personally i like the QB progression being lower overall numbers but not at the expense of whacked out stats. I'm sure the people dedicated to realism slider will give us a suitable answer soon.

I think people are jumping the gun a little until we can deep dive into the game's settings/features extensively.I played with a roster/slider combo in M25 that kept me playing through 10 seasons, because they improved the game that much.

I am concerned with the movement of mediocre QB's to new teams as starters though. something I also saw in M25 as QB's like Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Andrew Luck, Mathew Stafford ended up on new teams or in the FA pool all too often after 2-3 seasons.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 08-22-2014, 12:35 AM   #219
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
Possibly. I just simmed the second season, this time all at once and the stats looked worse. But here's some other notes that may make you rip your hair out.
Mind you, this is at the start of Season 3 of my CFM:

- The Bears have Tannehill, Cutler, and Roethlisberger all on their team....and their starting QB is a rookie who's a 78 OVR (The other 3 QBs are 73, 70, and 63, respectively).

- Andrew Luck is NOT on the Colts. Kirk Cousins is their starter (77 OVR)

- Christian Ponder (73 OVR) is the Cowboys starter...

- Matt Ryan is NOT on the Falcons. Ryan Mallet is their starter...73 OVR

- Luck is on the Jaguars....ahead of Bortles (Luck is 83 OVR - awr and acc down)

- Rodgers is a beast, Stafford and Kaepernick are in the 94 range. Every other QB is very average.

- None of the rookie QB's drafted this year have progressed...

This ruins the game completely for me. I actually got excited that the sim stats were ok if you simmed week to week, but now this?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #220
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
Just simulated a season, week by week (not sim to the end of the season). On All-Pro with some adjusted sliders. Here's the numbers:

Top 5 QB's by yards:

Name - Yards - TD - INT - ATT - YPA - Com%

1. Brees - 4027 - 34 - 14 - 622 - 6.5 - 60%
2. Stafford - 3929 - 21 - 12 - 578 - 6.8 - 63%
3. Peyton - 3772 - 33 - 5 - 536 - 7.0 - 69%
4. Foles - 3551 - 17 - 9 - 520 - 6.8 - 65%
5. Flacco - 3526 - 20 - 8 - 503 - 7.0 - 64%

It's a combination of ATT and YPA.
Last year, Brees finished with 650 ATT and 7.9 YPA.
Stafford - 634 ATT, 7.3 YPA
Peyton - 659 ATT, 8.3 YPA

Rushing Attempts were up there:

1. Rice - 435
2. Tate - 385
3. Gore - 382
4. Ball - 380
5. Vereen - 377

Receiving looked good enough, could use some more yardage (but that goes hand in hand with passers).

Some other very worrying things for CFM offline fans....

The following QB's regressed or stayed the same after 1 simulated season:

Bortles, Jay Cutler, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Cam Newton (AWR went down 11 pts), Tom Brady (DRAMATICALLY regressed - all sub 80 accuracy), Brees, Big Ben (same as Brady, dramatically regressed), Rivers (same as Brady, Ben).

I can't really find any good QB's after 1 season....Luck improved slightly (Med accuracy went up like 6 pts, but Deep ACC went down a few).

This is not good...

This is VERY concerning. Obviously there's 2nd and 3rd order of effects to a broken statistical engine, but I was not prepared for that. Well, that settles it for me. I'm a pure Sim CFM guy, I cannot and will not reward EA with my business until this is fixed. That would flat out be irresponsible consumerism on my part.

Last edited by JHTJ; 08-22-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #221
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
This ruins the game completely for me. I actually got excited that the sim stats were ok if you simmed week to week, but now this?
Glad this news is coming out now. I have been so close to buying the PS4 b/c I thought Madden was back, but as an exclusive offline cfm player this makes it unplayable FOR ME.

Some have claimed this is unpatchable. Does anybody refute that??

My gut says even if patchable something is so out of whack with all the moving pieces in a cfm that it is a fix A and screw up B scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #222
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

I would be willing to bet the failed progression and or unacceptable regression is a combination of failed season goals and broken logic where the CPU spends points on "confidence" instead of XP following unimpressive performances caused by a broken Stat engine. (Read that again, if necessary. I promise it makes sense)

If that is indeed the case it could very simply be a case of fixing the Sim engine. I'm concerned, however that this isn't an easy fix. If it is, why would EA box it up as is? Either way, I feel as if someone has some explaining to do.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #223
Just started!

I also simulated a season. Black bottles lead the league with 3,400 yards. The leading TDs passing was like 16 and it was Ryan mallet . There was 5 1000+ yard rushers. Most of them adveraged 3.2 ypc with crazy amount of rushing attempts. Ray rice had 417 carries with a 2.9 ypc. There was one. Yes one 1000+ yard receiver. Jousting blackmon lead the league with 1091 yards an 4 TDs. These starts are so bad. Did no one at ea even play the game? Seems like they only care about ultimate team cause of the micro transaction. Franchise is unplayable to me who's a stats and player development junkie. I live to simulate and create teams that win with out me playing actual games....
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #224
Just started!

Typed on my phone "Blake Bortles" Damn auto correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »