Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 28
Also, I like the new kicking arc. I thought I would hate it but it is a nice addition. The play calling is excellent and if you like money plays, your cash is no good here. The AI is smart.

Also I haven't seen the cheap interceptions from a year ago.

One cool thing. I was using Seattle. Harvin got behind the defender and raised his hand. I hit him in stride and he didn't slow down. In years past the WR would slow right after catching the ball almost eliminating the chance for a big play. To see him catch it in stride and pull away was a sweet feeling.

As far as QB accuracy I noticed it especially with pressure. Wilson overthrew a few guys and while rolling to the left he under threw a WR in the flat.

Need to spend more time with different QBs but it wasn't as automatic as past Maddens.

I don't have any allegiances to specific games. However this Madden is worth the money. I haven't played SB mode but playing in Seattle it was loud. I didn't see any instances of highlights being off with the commentary either. It isn't perfect but it's still much much better than expected.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 28
Another cool moment was when there was an injury on the field. The commentators drew away from the action and the game drifted as if it were going to commercial. When the game faded back in the commentators went straight to the person who was injured to provide an update. It was just as if it were on network TV. There are so many cool little things.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #99
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Really enjoying it so far. But one complaint is, zero penalties again! I've asked for months, people who had played it, are there penalties, does PI get called and everyone of them said YES! I've played 3 games so far and have yet to see even one penalty called. Granted I have yet to touch sliders, but I doubt anyone getting to do early previews touched the sliders either.

Playing with the Lions I noticed a huge difference in QB's. Top level QB's are step above the others.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
We've rated Madden below the Metacritic score each of the last two years, next-gen was above it but the waffling from us on that score behind the scenes made me wish we had a 7.7 to give it haha!

So I don't see any way OS is 'biased' in our reviews of Madden, if anything we're on par or below the internet critic average, meaning there are plenty above us, and some below us in how we've rated the game. Those are facts.

Another fact: Singular game review scores are subjective and they're no scientific way to judge a game's quality unless taken in a larger context with many more opinions included in one's analysis. But I digress.

For those wondering, I did post another short look at defense on the frontpage you can all check out here: http://www.operationsports.com/news/...oring-anymore/
I agree with you 100%, and is why I enjoy this site...if anything, I'd say OS pushes the Madden dev teams to do better & be better more than most other sites. You don't see many softball questions here during dev interactions.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Huh? Madden is not the only game on this site, and hoping I get to play a good football game for once. Didn't know there was a 'have to be positive all the time' clause.
My bad. I shouldn't have assumed that by saying "here", that you would understand I was talking about the Madden forum.

And there's no "have to be positive" clause, but there is a "don't agenda post or be a d#%#" clause. So there's that.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0
best madden since 05
Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #103
Just started!

OVR: 0
Can anyone w ea access tell me if the option to play in coach mode is n the game? I dont mean the option 2 play asa coach but the option 2 call plays n let the cpu run them like last yr. thanks
Old 08-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #104
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I did a game 15 minute quarters denver against new england with the passing accuracy at 0 for both teams. both manning and brady were missing quite frequently so that was good. I also put most of the penalty sliders at 60 except pass interference at 90 for both offensive and defensive pass interference. I had a clipping, 2 face masking, a holding, and an encroachment penalty that was done by a cpu controlled team mate. every penalty however was on my team. not sure if thats going to be an issue or just a fluke.

one thing I noticed was sometimes in the cut scenes it would show players on the sideline that shouldve been on the field. I got a clipping penalty and the cut scene showed the coach and manning standing behind him on the sideline with no helmet on. manning was on the field a second before that so its like he teleported off for the cut scene then back on the field in the huddle when it went back to the game. if that makes sense lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »