Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #73
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Nice write up. I do think this will be the best Madden in years as well, but I hated 11/ 13 and thought 12/25 were tolerable so that's not really a glowing review of the game.

The new cameras seem to make a world of difference while the older more pulled back views highlight the legacy flaws.

The qb accuracy is what still concerns me. Sliders might fix cpu games, but it's hard to adjust that online. Ranked games will feel the same. Especially if tourney guys are still doing dozens of adjustments and setting up nanos to boot.

I still see madden not a real simulation, but possibly a fun madden for a change. This write up kind of confirms that.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #74
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk1317
It's so sad, a game changer has already posted 2 easy setup nanos, and they are screaming fast. Rex Dickson said straight up, there would be no nanos in the game, but he obviously lied.
I know the term nano however don't know how to do it, i guess that's what i get for playing straight up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Never heard that before.... except for Madden 13, Madden 25 (PS3), and Madden 25 (PS4) that "fun" lasted about 2 weeks.

That said, Madden 25 wasn't terrible, it just left me disappointed and the replay value was not there.
I really like M25 at the end of the day. We just had our baby a few days prior, and season end was getting close, that and the NCAA shut down crushed me. I had M25 on both systems and the XB1 version was way cleaner.

I'm beating a dead horse here by saying this, be being, in the past, strictly an NCAA fan, and a casual Madden buyer, i'm totally stoked for the EA Access tonight!

Anyhow...

I remember NCAA '14 being meh, up to release, and then BOOM, that happened. I keep waiting for M15 to explode on us and really be something great.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
....then why are you here?

If OS is biased & overrate Madden year in & out, then why are you here?
Huh? Madden is not the only game on this site, and hoping I get to play a good football game for once. Didn't know there was a 'have to be positive all the time' clause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I know the term nano however don't know how to do it, i guess that's what i get for playing straight up..

I really like M25 at the end of the day. We just had our baby a few days prior, and season end was getting close, that and the NCAA shut down crushed me. I had M25 on both systems and the XB1 version was way cleaner.

I'm beating a dead horse here by saying this, be being, in the past, strictly an NCAA fan, and a casual Madden buyer, i'm totally stoked for the EA Access tonight!

Anyhow...

I remember NCAA '14 being meh, up to release, and then BOOM, that happened. I keep waiting for M15 to explode on us and really be something great.
Madden 25 was not cleaner on x1, that's be. Ps4 version however was, digital foundry is a good place to look. Most games look and run better on ps4.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #77
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I've heard good and bad. Just going to wait for wider range of reviews, and maybe I'll pick this up used.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #78
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Huh? Madden is not the only game on this site, and hoping I get to play a good football game for once. Didn't know there was a 'have to be positive all the time' clause.
There isn't. There's a be constructive all the time clause. Quit baiting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Madden 25 was not cleaner on x1, that's be. Ps4 version however was, digital foundry is a good place to look. Most games look and run better on ps4.
And there's actually an entire forum dedicated to this exact topic in the Technology area, which is where we allow this discussion.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

So let's say I write a review for another website. Am I biased for writing a positive review?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #80
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
We've rated Madden below the Metacritic score each of the last two years, next-gen was above it but the waffling from us on that score behind the scenes made me wish we had a 7.7 to give it haha!

So I don't see any way OS is 'biased' in our reviews of Madden, if anything we're on par or below the internet critic average, meaning there are plenty above us, and some below us in how we've rated the game. Those are facts.

Another fact: Singular game review scores are subjective and they're no scientific way to judge a game's quality unless taken in a larger context with many more opinions included in one's analysis. But I digress.

For those wondering, I did post another short look at defense on the frontpage you can all check out here: http://www.operationsports.com/news/...oring-anymore/
I thought this was a retail first impressions thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »