Home

NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #97
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rozay
That gif totally messed me up, saw it and at first glimpse thought it was just a picture. Scrolled down and was like WTH...did that move? Scroll up looked the same ok im crazy...dammit did it move again? Then realized ot was moving Lol

But on topic I have no problem with them adding whatever to make the presentation better. Love Ernie and can deal with Shaq...from the little video I got the impression that it will be some kind of half time or most game show but with 2k Sports instead of TNT. He did say they were doing what they do just dressed differently and and without the TNT, sounds good to me, maybe they can get it over the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Like I said in my post, I don't mind Kellogg at all. He's does a very good job. I just think it may be time to add a another team to break-up hearing Harlan/Kellogg every game, since they have been doing it since 2k9. It'd refresh the experience a bit more. I think 2k is probably the only guys who could have their commentary teams sound as good as they do(NFL 2k's was good also) so I have no doubts if a second team was introduced they'd be on par with the 1st team after a few cycles, if not sooner.
I actually wouldn't mind if they kept Harlan/Kellogg, gave them more lines and just added another team where each team randomly did games. That would really be a step in to making things a bit more real toward the NBA product

Last edited by Sinner; 08-20-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #98
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Unfortunately some here begin wanting change for change's sake. The commentary currently in the game is stellar - period, imo. Really beyond what any other sports game is doing or has done for the past few years. But some here focus less on competence and execution, and begin placing more emphasis on names and comparing the commentary in game to real life, where it's always going to pale in comparison. Not that I wouldn't welcome a second team if they went in that direction.

I still marvel at how well done the play by play is, how seamless the guys interact, how the guys' tones always seem to match (no wild fluctuations) - even much with the halftime commentary seems fluid especially since [the halftime guy] is commenting on actual game highlights. I guess since I haven't played the game 8hrs a day for the past 8 months the commentary hasn't gotten stale for me. Having names doesn't mean jack if those name's aren't into the job. Probably the greatest commentary team in sports was Madden and Summerall for the NFL, and for several Maddens they were in the game. And they were implemented poorly and/or weren't really into the job to begin with, so it didn't matter - the commentary and presentation in those games were poor. 2K already has the best presentation going, add Ernie Johnson and Shaq - and some find reason to complain or meh the announcement because it's not "pure TNT Presentation" or even worse, it's somehow 2K's fault some guys like Charles Barkley could care less about being in a videogame?

smh.

Spank it's the best in any sports game period and ever done.

That also doesn't mean they can't improve because they could go to yet another level up
Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 AM   #99
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I wouldn't mind seeing others replacing Chuck and Kenny, like C-Webb or Reggie.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I get what you're saying. But they could use generic commentators for all I care. I can still vividly remember laughing at Dan and Peter O'Keefe (or whatever his name was) in 2k5 when one of them responded to the other how he would get smoked like a salmon trying to cover a wideout. Everything just flowed so naturally. I still feel a little of that with Kevin, Clark and (now gone) Steve. I guess to me, it's more about the overall package and how authentic the "team" flows.

I loved the presentation in NCAA Basketball, those two crews were wonderful. It works for college because when I think college hoops I think Dick Vitale and/or CBS. When I think NBA, I think TNT. I personally think that they have the best package overall; it's entertaining, insightful, and well put together. I used the NBA on NBC theme for the playoffs in last gen (hopefully it's coming back for us). Kevin Harlan does give the game a more authentic sound and it almost feels like a TNT broadcast. I remain skeptical of Barkley, Miller and Webber. Barkley was in 2K on the Dream Team but nowhere else, and that had to be facilitated by Pippen IIRC.

I would like to see 2K add another man/woman to the team to replace Kerr as I feel he fleshed the team out some. Bring back the shots from 2K9 (was it?) where we saw the commentators and have them be courtside during big games (holidays, rivalries, playoffs). I don't feel like 2K is far off here honestly. When we see how Ernie and Shaq are implemented in the game I think that it will tell us which direction 2K is leaning.
Wait.Is Kerr gone this year?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #101
MVP

Trackball's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
Wait.Is Kerr gone this year?
Yes, because he's now coaching the Golden State Warriors. Yes, really.

I don't think we've found out whether anyone's replacing him, or if we're going back to the two-man team from 2K11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Yes, because he's now coaching the Golden State Warriors. Yes, really.

I don't think we've found out whether anyone's replacing him, or if we're going back to the two-man team from 2K11.
Oh true. So I guess that's a lot of lines they had to rework.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #103
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0

On the subject of commentary, I think Harlan/Kellogg is great.

I'm hoping in the future we can change the commentary depending on the teams playing. I'd totally love to see Alan Hahn (I think that's his name) and Walt Frazier commentating Knicks games.

Here in New York, games between the Knicks and Nets are usually broadcast on three channels. It think it'd be cool if we could switch between the YES, MSG, and TNT networks if those two teams are facing. That goes for other teams and their home commentary too.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #104
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I would welcome a 2nd commentary team because I know that 2K would do it right. The way to differentiate game importance, I would have a different more muted presentation package. The commentatators would be the same, but everything else would be different. There would be no courtside shots of them talking; no fancy starting 5 lineups; no celebrities and no hyped up crowd. A game between cellar dwellers like the 76ers and Jazz in January would not feel like the matchup between the Cavs and Thunder. For meh matchups games i would suggest something like the old 2k9 ish presentation. Screen wipes and all. For the marquee national interest games I would go with the TNTish package. I hope that makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »