Home

NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

Everyone would stop watching the halftime show after your first few times, no matter how "good" it was.. keeping in mind the limitations of video games.. can't expect them to put a lot of time into that.. people just want to play. You want them to spend a million dollars-plus or something on that?

Also NFL 2K5 presentation wasn't good, the highlights were the same few pre-set things no matter what game it was supposedly talking about. I'd rather have nothing than that. There was almost no script for Berman.. etc etc. Rose colored glasses.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I know, right?!
Sorry Leftos but you can't have me believe that 2K is under constant pressure to upgrade the game because they have such crazy competition.
NBA Live is pretty much dead as of now, so even though 2K is pretty good, it has been pretty stagnant imo just like Fifa has been for a couple of years now.
Removing, adding features, non working online, same complaints every year and so on.

A TNT deal for the presentation would have been a lot of work yes and quite the change imo. Maybe the stuff you guys put with Earnie and Shaq is substential and I'll be proven wrong come release but I always try not to get my hopes up. Works better than way (ex : was surprised PC version is finally up to snuff this year )

EDIT : also when I mean change, I'm not just talking about presentation but see Lakers24 thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html for what 2K needs, and that's a lot of work I know.

Last edited by Cripterion; 08-20-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #75
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0

Good Stuff.

I like Ernie & Shaq.

It would be even BETTER with Kenny & Chuck also... but for now its a good start.

On a Sidenote:

Umm... .So who is the new sideline commentator, btw?

Is Doris Burke still there?

If so, will she wear a different outfit every game, during the post-game interview? (Or at least every other game?)

Or will we see her wearing the same olive pantsuit game after game, for multiple seasons. lol.

How much VC will it cost to unlock a 'wardrobe upgrade' for Doris? lol.

With all the gear they have available in this game, (from shoes, to t-shirts, suits, hockey jerseys, v-neck sweaters, timbos, or whatever.... Not sure why SHE has to wear the exact same thing all the time. Even my agent in MyPlayer mode changes his attire at times. Sheesh.)

Just saying. lol.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 08-20-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #76
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripterion
Sorry Leftos but you can't have me believe that 2K is under constant pressure to upgrade the game because they have such crazy competition.
You assume that we need competition to push ourselves to do great, bold things.

We do not.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 08-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #77
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I would prefer an honest analysis from a former player, even if they were guilty of making mistakes themselves when they played. I feel it would be a little bizarre if analysts, coaches, and whoever else were deemed unable to point out or analyze anything they themselves may have done in the past.

For instance, I'm a mediocre basketball player who sometimes has a penchant for putting my head down and forcing a drive to the paint when it's not there. However, I do not believe that should nullify me (if I were an analyst or coach) from being able to point out when James Harden partakes in the same endeavor.

That said, I respect your displeasure of Webber as an analyst. We all have different opinions on the matter. In my case, for starters, I find Mike Breen highly unfavorable in the booth.
In terms of players I would prefer Reggie Miller, Chuck, Kenny, Brent Barry etc before Webber. I have no problem with guys who have done things and call out guys who have done things. I love Cris Carter and he does that. But he takes responsibility for it and says "I went through this and it's stupid". Webber just buries the guys and never say anything like Cris does.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #78
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

I think it'd be cool to see Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg every now and then too, maybe when the game ends or right after halftime. Just cut to them on the sideline chatting for a little bit, like they do in real games sometimes.

I agree with an above post, if Doris Burke is going to be doing on-court interviews, her outfit needs to be randomized. And she needs gray hair if we get to year 80 of MyLEAGUE, lol.

Ernie and Shaq is great for now! I guess Damon Bruce will not be doing as much now, though...
Old 08-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #79
Banned

Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #80
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Never understood the Clark Kellogg hate. He sounds pretty good in game next to Kevin, IMO. I love the addition of Shaq and Ernie. After the gamescome videos, I wasn't expecting anything new this year regarding presentation. Hopefully they provide the jolt the broadcast jolt NBA 2k has been missing. I have no doubt that 2K will utilize them effectively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »