Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM   #169
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

I dont understand why this is always such a big problem. It just seems like there is always something that keeps me from enjoying this game fully.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0

Until they have their sim engine use the actual game engine they will have issues. I'm not sure why this is so hard for them to understand. Having the sim engine use the actual game engine also allows for much greater testing/balance of both sim and gameplay. Sierra's Frontpage Sports football was doing this almost 20 years ago on computer hardware much less powerful than what these consoles are running. Although each sim week took 5-10 minutes to run, it gave one of the greatest sim/franchise experiences of all time. You could actually go and watch a replay of every game simmed each week, or just watch all the highlights.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ew, those stats look horrible. I'm willing to wait on other people's findings though until I come to a conclusion. This could be a game breaker though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melicant
Until they have their sim engine use the actual game engine they will have issues. I'm not sure why this is so hard for them to understand. Having the sim engine use the actual game engine also allows for much greater testing/balance of both sim and gameplay. Sierra's Frontpage Sports football was doing this almost 20 years ago on computer hardware much less powerful than what these consoles are running. Although each sim week took 5-10 minutes to run, it gave one of the greatest sim/franchise experiences of all time. You could actually go and watch a replay of every game simmed each week, or just watch all the highlights.
I loved Sierra's Frontpage Sports games. I wish they would have been successful with their FPS Football 99 when they went 3D. That year they abandoned the team sports and just went with the hook and bullet sports. They had the right idea with the sim engine, progression engine, playbooks, etc.

Anybody remember XOR Football? Sorry for being off topic.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #173
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Stats broken once again.......... Manning is going to throw for 42 fewer TDs than the year before. Wow. Passing yards okay, completion percentage okay, TDs way low, picks too high. Rushing yards okay, ypc okay, TDs way low.
Not just passing TDs, passing efficiency is way too low. Manning is hitting over 100 and at least 5 other QBs are every single year, or near it.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #174
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

Hope I never have to sim an online CFM game, these stats are ugly. These are the worst I can remember in a Madden game since any PS3 version.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #175
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Has anyone with early access tested this more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #176
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/08/2...n-simulations/

Quote:
As part of our coverage of Madden NFL 15 here at GoodGameBro, we decided that we should test the simulation engine—as well as the new ability to sim all the way through a season in Connected Franchise Mode with a single selection—and show our community what kind of results we saw when the game was left to play through a season by itself. The statistics and data contained in this article are based on five separate simulations of the 2014-2015 NFL season in Madden NFL 15, using 15 minute quarters on All-Madden difficulty with all sliders at their default values.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »