Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #41
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdoubleB
Did you guys seriously not watch the whole video. There are more Free Agents. He only showed the top list, which ended at 70 overall. He then showed the QB list which players were under 70 overall, meaning there are more under the individual position tabs. Tebow is probably in the game, but is under a 67 overall.
A hope? A chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #42
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Probably because he hasn't played since 2012 and hasn't had significant season since 2011.
So? he is still a FA.

That would only affect his OVR Rating. Not weather he his in the game or not.

Last edited by TheSaints7; 08-18-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #43
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
The problem is Tebow hasn't been offered that 3rd string job. Since being released by the Pats he hasn't had single job offer. With all the injuries to QB's last year and not a single job offer it is safe to say his career is over. Owens is going to be a 41 year old WR this year who hasn't played since 2010. Ochocino is a 36 year old WR who hasn't played since 2011 and hasn't had a significant season since 2010. There are hundreds of former players still in pursuit of an NFL job. It sucks when a player you really like isn't in the game but there has to be a cutoff somewhere. You can always use create a player to recreate them if these players mean that much to you.

This is true and I agree and disagree..my thing is we all now know the photos of most players are still on disk..and we know now that these new systems have huge power and memory..so why not have a larger pool of FA..can't hurt no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No.

If Benson were included it would not mean more money from EA. It would mean less money divied out by the PA (so you're right that someone would get less money but that's not EA's problem). The union is there to protect it's players but they are also given the duty of giving out royalty checks as they are the one's that get paid by EA.

I did a little research on it, former players actually have to join the PA as a "former player." They continue to get pension and coverage regardless of if they join this union or not.

Either way, since he's had some tryouts, it's safe to assume he is still part of the PA.
The difference could be whether a player has filed his retirement papers or not. Whether they are officially retired. If Benson hasn't officially retired he would still be considered and active NFL player who is looking for a roster spot. So I would agree with you that Benson wouldn't cost more while a Jerry Rice (officially retired player) would cost more.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #45
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
So? he is still a FA.

That would only affect his OVR Rating. Not weather he his in the game or not.
Sure he is and there are probably over 1000 guys that are technically free agents including rookies who played a game and got cut and former veterans who never officially retired. I would love to see a bigger free agent pool and maybe resurrect the career of a Tim Tebow (who I am not a fan of IRL). Apparently EA had a cutoff for a set number of free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #46
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Is it just me or is one of the best safeties in the nfl, Will Hill not only not on Baltimore, but not in the game at all?
He was on there, I think he was rated at a 79 OVR
Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #47
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
The problem is Tebow hasn't been offered that 3rd string job. Since being released by the Pats he hasn't had single job offer. With all the injuries to QB's last year and not a single job offer it is safe to say his career is over. Owens is going to be a 41 year old WR this year who hasn't played since 2010. Ochocino is a 36 year old WR who hasn't played since 2011 and hasn't had a significant season since 2010. There are hundreds of former players still in pursuit of an NFL job. It sucks when a player you really like isn't in the game but there has to be a cutoff somewhere. You can always use create a player to recreate them if these players mean that much to you.
but why takes these popular players out for players rated in their 50s that wont be signed in real life or in the game? this is a video game after all you would think theres more appeal to adding tebow on your roster than a 50 rated qb? (tebow should be rated 50 lol jk) but idc really for it just want to know the logic for excluding more popular players in FA for ones that would rarely be used.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #48
Pro

Why can't they just release the ratings of the free agents like they did for the other 32 teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »