Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #33
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Available Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdoubleB
Did you guys seriously not watch the whole video. There are more Free Agents. He only showed the top list, which ended at 70 overall. He then showed the QB list which players were under 70 overall, meaning there are more under the individual position tabs. Tebow is probably in the game, but is under a 67 overall.
With the ratings they gave out I doubt that, EA would have made Tebow far more overrated than underrated.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:56 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
With the ratings they gave out I doubt that, EA would have made Tebow far more overrated than underrated.
Nah. In order to show off their QB Inaccuracies they probably put his accuracy at 40, but seriously. I highly doubt that Tebow was taken out of the game after one offseason of not being on a team.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
I know some people are going to be like 'What?'

But no Cedric Benson! I love him on Madden and he is a beast for me. Why is he not there despite being a FA in real life?
Probably because he hasn't played since 2012 and hasn't had significant season since 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 03:14 AM   #36
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
this list will be getting smaller I seen a lot of players who are signed by teams and have been for awhile.

gonna be interesting see how small list is once the first update comes out.
Not quite because the first roster update will probably be around week 1 of the season, by that time teams will be down to 53 man rosters so there will be plenty of free agents who didn't make the final 53.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:26 AM   #37
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No.

If Benson were included it would not mean more money from EA. It would mean less money divied out by the PA (so you're right that someone would get less money but that's not EA's problem). The union is there to protect it's players but they are also given the duty of giving out royalty checks as they are the one's that get paid by EA.

I did a little research on it, former players actually have to join the PA as a "former player." They continue to get pension and coverage regardless of if they join this union or not.

Either way, since he's had some tryouts, it's safe to assume he is still part of the PA.
This was all part of the revenue sharing arguments of the last CBA. EA pays a set amount to the NFL which is divided between the owners and the players. Every licensing partner the NFL has sends a certain amount to the PA and they send it out to the players. It's basically free money at the end of the year for the players. EA doesn't pay based on the amount of players, whether there are 1696 players in the game (32 teams of 53 players) or 2000 players they pay they same amount.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #38
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VdoubleB
Nah. In order to show off their QB Inaccuracies they probably put his accuracy at 40, but seriously. I highly doubt that Tebow was taken out of the game after one offseason of not being on a team.
Not in the game right now

https://twitter.com/Donny_Moore/stat...72879342702592
Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 AM   #39
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

OVR: 4

why are people like tebow ochocinco and owens out of the game when they clearly state they are not retired and are continuing their pursuit of a NFL job? the fact that he says "oh espn anncoucer tebow" is ignorant and annoying. if tebow was offered a 3rd string position on an team he'd leave espn for that.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:45 AM   #40
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metovics8
why are people like tebow ochocinco and owens out of the game when they clearly state they are not retired and are continuing their pursuit of a NFL job? the fact that he says "oh espn anncoucer tebow" is ignorant and annoying. if tebow was offered a 3rd string position on an team he'd leave espn for that.
The problem is Tebow hasn't been offered that 3rd string job. Since being released by the Pats he hasn't had single job offer. With all the injuries to QB's last year and not a single job offer it is safe to say his career is over. Owens is going to be a 41 year old WR this year who hasn't played since 2010. Ochocino is a 36 year old WR who hasn't played since 2011 and hasn't had a significant season since 2010. There are hundreds of former players still in pursuit of an NFL job. It sucks when a player you really like isn't in the game but there has to be a cutoff somewhere. You can always use create a player to recreate them if these players mean that much to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »