Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #825
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Some good news for you guys.

As requested, we have successfully added the ability to manually assign injuries (including their duration) to players. This can be done outside of MyLEAGUE as well, meaning shared rosters can have these values set as well.
First of all

Spoiler

Quote:
There is one thing we have been discussing internally and have been split on; would love some opinions from the community. As I mentioned in the original interview, one feature in the Injuries 2.0 system is that players will wear appropriate accessories when recovering from an injury (e.g. sprained knee). If you manually assign an injury to a player, would you expect that player to then be automatically equipped with an appropriate accessory, or would that be a little too heavy-handed and taking control away from you?

Feedback welcomed. Hope everyone enjoys the addition!
Personally, I like the addition of automatic accessories for players coming off of injuries. I'm not the type of person who worries too much about accessories anyway, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time changing them myself. Therefore, I think them being automated would be very helpful to me.

I can see the other side of it as well, especially with the way some guys are really particular about trying to matching players' real life accessories. My question would be is there a way to add the option so that users can choose which way they prefer? In my opinion, if you can have something as an option for users to choose themselves, then that's always the best way to go.

Lastly, thanks for taking that time to listen to our feedback and allow us to have a voice in making the game (even if it's small). I wish more devs would follow you guys footsteps.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #826
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Some good news for you guys.

As requested, we have successfully added the ability to manually assign injuries (including their duration) to players. This can be done outside of MyLEAGUE as well, meaning shared rosters can have these values set as well.

In addition, we also added a new option in the setup menu of MyLEAGUE that allows you to decide whether or not you want to start the mode with the injuries assigned in the roster. Default behavior is to wipe all injuries such that everyone starts healthy.

There is one thing we have been discussing internally and have been split on; would love some opinions from the community. As I mentioned in the original interview, one feature in the Injuries 2.0 system is that players will wear appropriate accessories when recovering from an injury (e.g. sprained knee). If you manually assign an injury to a player, would you expect that player to then be automatically equipped with an appropriate accessory, or would that be a little too heavy-handed and taking control away from you?

Feedback welcomed. Hope everyone enjoys the addition!
Awesome! You guys are killing it with giving us all these options to create the experience we want. I think options for users is the only way to go these days. Everyone can tweak game to their idea of sim. Couldn't be more excited and can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #827
Rookie

OVR: 8

Thank you so much for listening to us! So excited that I can make sure the players on my Sixers (and the rest of the league) have appropriate injuries.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #828
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Just to clarify what Erick's talking about, players WILL wear accessories (with some probability) when injuries happen upon them in the natural flow of things (as you play/sim through a Franchise).

The question here is, you go to Edit Player, you assign an injury to a player and set its duration. Would you expect Edit Player to pick an accessory for you and assign it to the player, or would you rather only have it happen in the natural flow but not in Edit Player, unless you go in and explicitly assign the accessory yourselves while in the menu?

And yes, of course you'll still able to assign accessories before or after editing the injury so you can set the one you want. Our divide lies on whether Edit Player putting an accessory on the player automatically because you assigned an injury would seem jarring.

If you want Edit Player to do that, should it replace any existing accessory if it's not in our list of accessories that help that particular injury?
I actually think the accessories should also be user set in this instance. For some reason, having it automatic in this case just sounds like a bug waiting to happen to me. The auto-accessory concept sounds dope in an association, but on user created rosters where accessories are likely also edited it doesn't seem necessary.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #829
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Just to clarify what Erick's talking about, players WILL wear accessories (with some probability) when injuries happen upon them in the natural flow of things (as you play/sim through a Franchise).

The question here is, you go to Edit Player, you assign an injury to a player and set its duration. Would you expect Edit Player to pick an accessory for you and assign it to the player, or would you rather only have it happen in the natural flow but not in Edit Player, unless you go in and explicitly assign the accessory yourselves while in the menu?

And yes, of course you'll still able to assign accessories before or after editing the injury so you can set the one you want. Our divide lies on whether Edit Player putting an accessory on the player automatically because you assigned an injury would seem jarring.

If you want Edit Player to do that, should it replace any existing accessory if it's not in our list of accessories that help that particular injury?

I would prefer the automated accessories. I'm not a big accessory guy, but I think that it would be cool to see them on a player returning from an injury.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #830
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Oh wow you guys aren't playing no games . Got my full preorder
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #831
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

It's nice to see 2k getting back to their roots and really making it a point to appease their fans. Not saying they haven't in the past years but I have felt like they have not been so involved like this every since 2k13 came about, I felt in the past couple of years we lost more and more customization. Now I feel they are really giving us more control of how we want to play the game, at least from the way things are going as of right now. Glad to see 2k devs getting much more involved with us again.

With all that being said, I feel automatically assigning accessories when appropriate to the injury is fine, I really like that idea, as long as you can still edit it if you want to do so later, which seems to be how it might work.

Last edited by MarvellousOne; 08-15-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #832
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27
NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
The question here is, you go to Edit Player, you assign an injury to a player and set its duration.

1st of all thank you and SimBaller for all the feedback, it's really appreciated!

Reading this sentence you have written, does this imply that from now on we will be able to remove injuries from any official roster update just by changing it in the edit player menu?? there have been so many changes this year that it seems impossible to understand 100% how this is going to work until we check it ourselves.

EDIT: taking a look at all the automatic accessories topic I consider it a good idea as long as we can overwrite it in the edit player menu if we want.

The only problem I see it can cause is: if those accessories are removed automatically after the injury is gone (let's say a knee sleeve assigned automatically to KD because of a knee injury), it can interfere with that player appearance who was wearing that accessory BEFORE the injury.

Sorry if this has been already answered.

Last edited by seanbarkley; 08-15-2014 at 07:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »