Home

NBA 2K14 Signature Skills Guide

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Signature Skills Guide within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #17
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 Signature Skills Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
Idk how anyone can disagree with the idea of signature skills. It makes players unique and more real to life. But how it was implemented and if some are over-effective is another story.
That's the problem. When you give on/off skills that represent great qualities on a player they tend to get exaggerated and be on so many players that using a player that doesn't have one an issue.

Attributes like dimer, posterizer, lockdown defender etc. could be just on attributes that go on 25-99. If you have 99 passing you're a dimer and gradually lowering that attribute removes that bonus.

A better way would be maybe make the signature skills just badges reflecting player attributes. A player with 90 dunk would have a posterizer badge, but the badge itself wouldn't do anything. It would be just an easy clue for the user to know without having to look at all the attributes. Some could be a combination of attributes, like eraser could be using block + strength + vertical.

And some signature skills should just plain be represented by attributes. Why is there a brick wall signature skill? Shouldn't setting screens be an attribute from 25 to 99?

Most of the signature skills could be done this way. I'm curious whether there are any that could not? (Maybe floor general, defensive anchor?)

Last edited by jaateloauto; 08-15-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I really liked 2k better before these were introduced
It helps separate guys who deserve over others who don't. I see all the time what's the difference between this guy and that guy in Madden, I think 2k at least allows it so that superstars with these abilities are different from the rest of the pack, albeit I think they may be a bit OP. (especially the stealing ones)
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not about to debate you guys over something I posted in may lol 15 bout to come out we'll see
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #20
Rookie

lb1294's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Most of the signature skills could be done this way. I'm curious whether there are any that could not? (Maybe floor general, defensive anchor?)
Naa they could be attributes under the mental category, maybe a sort of Offensive and Defensive Court Prescence attribute or something

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »