Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #809
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I would love to see an update of the potential rating.

• I'd like to see it affected if a player sustains a major injury.
  • I'd like to see it rise if a player has a breakout year statistically
  • I'd like to see it drop if a player has an off year statistically

I'd also like to see 3 separate potential ratings:
  • Early career ages 19-24
  • Mid career ages 24-28
  • End career ages 28-retire

This would allow players to have NON-LINEAR development paths. You would have guys like Stephon Marbury come into the league with a high early career potential rating but low end career rating - so they would flame out of the league. You would also see players like Jamal Crawford come in who have low early career potential who start to get better each year.

One of the things I really don't like about the traditional Association mode is that once you figure out a player's potential rating, you can pretty much guess exactly how good he is going to get. This makes scouting players really not important at all.

Add some variability, and now I'm really interested in watching my player's development.

By the way - these updates have been DYNAMITE!!! I'm pumped. Thanks to 2k for genuinely listening to the community!!

Honestly I want something like how mygm had, that allows you to give anyone A+ potential. It never affected older players because they don't progress, but for younger guys, it helped a lot because you could have a great season and actually get rewarded for it for once.

Potential caps don't make sense to me in 2k because guys on my team and around the league usually perform well yet are limited in their progression because they are caped at a low value.

They should just remove potential all together and increase players overalls each year via the difference in metric stats and regular stats from year to year.

This X player can to out there and average 15, 5,5 but were gonna give him a potential of 69 thing has gotta stop
Old 08-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #810
MVP

OVR: 33

@ Blufu, you can trade future picks up to 3 years now, not just one as has been.

------------

I would love to have a Trade value rating, this would allow us to put subjectivity into what is by nature subjective.

In example, this will allow us to reflect the premium that some players get when they mean more for their teams than for others, therefor asking for a higher price when considering trade offers for them.

This would also allow the Potential rating to be purely a progression/regression rating.

I would also do a similar approach to Overall rating, so it would be subjective as in nature it is. This would allow for attributes to be objective (based on meassurable data). Also, it would allow us to set the values we want for each player without altering their attributes to meet a set goal.

Everything, entirely editable, of course.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #811
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14

Some good news for you guys.

As requested, we have successfully added the ability to manually assign injuries (including their duration) to players. This can be done outside of MyLEAGUE as well, meaning shared rosters can have these values set as well.

In addition, we also added a new option in the setup menu of MyLEAGUE that allows you to decide whether or not you want to start the mode with the injuries assigned in the roster. Default behavior is to wipe all injuries such that everyone starts healthy.

There is one thing we have been discussing internally and have been split on; would love some opinions from the community. As I mentioned in the original interview, one feature in the Injuries 2.0 system is that players will wear appropriate accessories when recovering from an injury (e.g. sprained knee). If you manually assign an injury to a player, would you expect that player to then be automatically equipped with an appropriate accessory, or would that be a little too heavy-handed and taking control away from you?

Feedback welcomed. Hope everyone enjoys the addition!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #812
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller

As requested, we have successfully added the ability to manually assign injuries (including their duration) to players. This can be done outside of MyLEAGUE as well, meaning shared rosters can have these values set as well.

In addition, we also added a new option in the setup menu of MyLEAGUE that allows you to decide whether or not you want to start the mode with the injuries assigned in the roster. Default behavior is to wipe all injuries such that everyone starts healthy.

There is one thing we have been discussing internally and have been split on; would love some opinions from the community. As I mentioned in the original interview, one feature in the Injuries 2.0 system is that players will wear appropriate accessories when recovering from an injury (e.g. sprained knee). If you manually assign an injury to a player, would you expect that player to then be automatically equipped with an appropriate accessory, or would that be a little too heavy-handed and taking control away from you?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the manual injuries!!!!!

I personally love the thought of players automatically wearing braces and sleeves coming off injuries. It's a nice touch to the game.

Bravo and keep em coming...

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 08-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #813
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yes I would expect a player to automatically be equipped with the accessory.
Thanks for really including us in the development process.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #814
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:

Just to clarify what Erick's talking about, players WILL wear accessories (with some probability) when injuries happen upon them in the natural flow of things (as you play/sim through a Franchise).

The question here is, you go to Edit Player, you assign an injury to a player and set its duration. Would you expect Edit Player to pick an accessory for you and assign it to the player, or would you rather only have it happen in the natural flow but not in Edit Player, unless you go in and explicitly assign the accessory yourselves while in the menu?

And yes, of course you'll still able to assign accessories before or after editing the injury so you can set the one you want. Our divide lies on whether Edit Player putting an accessory on the player automatically because you assigned an injury would seem jarring.

If you want Edit Player to do that, should it replace any existing accessory if it's not in our list of accessories that help that particular injury?
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 08-15-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #815
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the manual injuries!!!!!

I personally love the thought of players automatically wearing braces and sleeves coming off injuries. It's a nice touch to the game.

Bravo and keep em coming...

Ditto. Great addition.

Hopefully this makes it into to other modes (MyPlayer)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #816
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

As long as it's removable we're good.

How about trades? Do we still have to deal with 4 slots and have to pick any combination of players and picks to make a trade or will players and draft picks finally have their own slots?

Basically can we make a trade of 4 players plus 3 picks to another team or do we just have 4 slots like we've had for the past billion years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »