Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #537
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Does anybody know how many seasons are in Franchise mode this year? 30 doesn't cut it. Next Gen is supposed to bigger and better; seems to be that it shouldn't be limited to what we had last gen. Any thoughts or info much appreciated:
Old 08-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #538
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorman80
Does anybody know how many seasons are in Franchise mode this year? 30 doesn't cut it. Next Gen is supposed to bigger and better; seems to be that it shouldn't be limited to what we had last gen. Any thoughts or info much appreciated:
Last year I think one of the reasons you could only do 30 was because there was only 30 draft classes (not counting NCAA imports). With unlimited random classes you should be able to do more. Admittedly the most I have ever done was 15, but my average is around 8-10 per CFM.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #539
Rookie

OVR: 7

Looking for evidence of 32-team control in Madden 15 as well. Where is this stated at by EA? I’m combing through the forums for this info.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #540
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorman80

How many years are you planning on going? I've never gotten close to 30.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #541
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Looking for evidence of 32-team control in Madden 15 as well. Where is this stated at by EA? I’m combing through the forums for this info.
It was in Madden 25 so unless they took it out it should be in 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #542
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
7 seasons is the max I ever went (Madden 2005) and I am actually halfway through year 4 in M25.

I usually go between 4-6 seasons on average with any franchise mode for any game. I like to start again with a new team, or I get sidetracked with classic rosters...what not.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-15-2014, 05:01 AM   #543
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Depends on how you play single player CCM. There's a semi-large player base that plays only a few games per season because it's terribly easy to go undefeated every year with a scrub team if you play the games. Instead we focus on team building, and see how our rosters perform in simmed games. I usually go for 10-20 seasons. The only reason i've never made it to 30 is because the CPU team building logic/ development has been historically bad, so by year 10 or so, my team is just OP. Also, controlling 32 teams is tedious and -for me- you lose the excitement of controlling "your team".

It seems like they've added a few good features to improve team development, so i'm pretty excited about that. I might match my record of 40 or so seasons playing NCAA 2004 back in the day.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #544
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
Have Tiburon ever talked about a subscription, update-based form of Madden development? Kind of similar to WoW where you buy the base game, then download their update every season. I mean if we are going to have a base Madden engine that will have incremental changes every season, wouldnt this give the devs the maximum amount of development time per cycle? Im sure they can drum up just as much hype every time an update arrives as they could a physical copy.

They seem to have settled on the CFM structure and the UI for this generation of consoles so I could see it working. I remember playing Counter Strike back in the day and getting just as excited for their patches to arrive, and they were free! Things you miss about games like that is how the gameplay issues were addressed steadily, seemingly as quickly as they could be fixed. And how all aspects were addressed: netcode, player models, gun models, map geometry, bugs, exploits.

It must be intrinsic to consoles that these updates are more complicated to get through that keeps bugs from being fixed. But lingering bugs like the white sleeve glitch are rediculous.

You would think with such a strong and loyal fanbase, that Madden would exist on a higher level than most games. Use the hard drive for something! Mandatory installs for added animations, or player portraits, or new celebrations, or stadium sounds. Nothing should be taken out of successive games because they needed to compromise on storage space.

Cant they literally build upon previous Maddens? Every August we would pay for the roster, patches, and the right to the online functionality, but the improvements/patches/updates should be granted throughout the season. We shouldnt have to suffer something small being broken for an entire year because the correction of the problem doesnt make the company money.
This is just an example of why i'm very dissatisfied with EA Madden. The games are good -dont get me wrong- I play them every year and have a ton of fun. However, they could do so much better. They seem overly focused on profit, to the point that they are willing to accept flaws in their game because another one is coming out in a year. They always look to add some sort of new, awesome, feature instead of just taking what they've already created and attempting to perfect it. It almost seems as if they want to make sure they can always improve them game so people will have to want to buy the next one. As far as i'm aware almost every other game on the market wouldn't survive like this, but Madden has us by the balls because of their exclusive license to the most popular(IMO) sport in the U.S.

I could go on, but i'm probably clouting a steed cadaver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »