Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-13-2014, 03:08 AM   #801
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

One thing that has been an issue in the 2k series is trading. We are forced to choose between trading away 4 players or trading away 2 players and two draft picks. The CPU is at times willing to take less than what we actually end up giving them, forcing us to reload a save (at least on previous gen) and working the trade again so that we don't get taken advantage of, and on next gen, in 2k14 we were limited to just two team trades.

The trade system itself, not the overall logic, but the interface needs to be changed.

1.draft picks should have their own slots so that we don't have to pick and choose what number of players or picks we will give up in a trade. Draft picks should have their own section in trades, separate from picks. Let us trade away whatever the maximum amount if picks we can move in a trade, along with the maximum amount of players.

So basically, if I want to give up 4 players, 2 first picks and one second away in a trade to acquire a player from another team, I should be able to do that. We have been limited to 4 slots for as long as I can remember, that need to be changed. Let us include a maximum of 4 players and 4 picks or something. 4 slots isn't enough and doesn't allow us to complete some trades and makes us have to do separate deals to make the trade we want.

So 4 player slots and 4 draft pick slots would be perfect.

2. multi team trading needs to come back. There was an obvious limitation in 2k14 when doing trades that limited us to two team trades. The reason was obvious, there was too much logic involved to make a 3 team deal happen, it was understandable, but now that we are getting rid of that system for my league, give us not only 3, but allow us a maximum of 4 team trades.

We understand that 4 team trades,much less 3 team trades rarely rarely cap occur, but still, they have occurred in the past and we would like to work some. So allow us to do 4 team deals.

3. Give us a trade meter. Often we are just throwing stuff at the wall just to see what the CPU will and won't accept. This makes trading a tedious process at times, especially when trying to acquire high quality players.

A simple meter system, or "light" system would fix this and hell ****** NAND hardcore players complete deals faster.

-red light- no way
-orange light-almost but not quite
Green light-will accept

This system would make trading a breeze and remove the guessing game from the equation.

These changes are relatively small in the grand scheme of things and should be able to be implemented in time for release and would all make the experience better, so I hope one of the Devs reads this and sees where I'm coming from, thanks.

Also, a lot of times when we make deals, the player can play immediately, which makes no sense. I've had rimes where I used a east conference team and traded for a western conference player who magically finished playing his game in the west, flew over to my team as if by magic and played 30 minutes with no issue.

When trades happen in real life, especially those big 3 player or more deals, you see teams go into games undermanned. So when we make trades, at least implement some type of slider for "processing",so that we at least have to wait 1 day to utilize that player.

Another thing that I would like to mention, which is separate from this topic in trades is banners. When my team wins a championship, can I please see the banner in the rafters, if it doesn't infringe on any legal obligation to have the arena represented exactly as it is in real life.

It sucks to see my team win a championship, then the following year see the trophy on the first game yet see no banner, when those banners are very very generic and don't seem to require much else besides the appropriate year number.

Also, let us retire players jerseys? If I'm using Miami and wade retires, I'd like to retire his jersey. You don't even have to represent it in the arena, just let me see that #3 is on the retired jerseys list and let me retire any players jersey on my team or other teams at my choosing, once they retire.

I'd hate to see Tim Duncan retire then the next year some scrub is wearing his number, etc.

Last edited by frankwest718; 08-13-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #802
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Now that the PC news is out there, I want to make clear that MyLEAGUE will be in the PC version of the game as well (PC is a full port of PS4/XB1), despite what the original post says about it being exclusive to XB1/PS4.
Updated. Thanks Eric.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #803
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Good feedback so far in the thread. We're enjoying the comments.

Yesterday we added the ability to customize Player Ambitions (Loyalty, Play For Winner, (need for) Financial Security) to whatever you like in the Edit Player feature.

Keep the ideas coming.
well since your giving us an 80 year franchise, how about future draft picks extending beyond the next year? say 5+ years?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #804
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Now that I know 2k15 for the PC is going to have this wonderful mode I am excited to experience it.

To all of those who worked hard getting the PC on the same page as the PS4: Thank-you. I was seriously considering making 2k15 my last 2k purchase if it had not turned out this way.

Re suggestions: The only thing I truly wish that would be implemented into this mode was a "NBA Commissioner Override" toggle for ai trades made. I don't want to control all 30 teams, nor do I want to micro-control all aspects of every transaction in the association. I would like the ability to exercise a Commissioner veto over any particular trade however.

If I deem it against the best interests of the League to allow Chris Paul to go to the Lakers then I'd like to stop the transaction from happening in the first place, instead of doing damage control after the fact. I hope this is somehow implemented and I just missed it or was not aware of it.

Again, thank you for making this mode and for allowing me to experience it.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #805
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Now that I know 2k15 for the PC is going to have this wonderful mode I am excited to experience it.

To all of those who worked hard getting the PC on the same page as the PS4: Thank-you. I was seriously considering making 2k15 my last 2k purchase if it had not turned out this way.

Re suggestions: The only thing I truly wish that would be implemented into this mode was a "NBA Commissioner Override" toggle for ai trades made. I don't want to control all 30 teams, nor do I want to micro-control all aspects of every transaction in the association. I would like the ability to exercise a Commissioner veto over any particular trade however.

If I deem it against the best interests of the League to allow Chris Paul to go to the Lakers then I'd like to stop the transaction from happening in the first place, instead of doing damage control after the fact. I hope this is somehow implemented and I just missed it or was not aware of it.

Again, thank you for making this mode and for allowing me to experience it.
It is a part of MYLeague, there's a trade veto for computer controlled teams, SimBaller (I'm pretty sure it was him who made the comment) even said "think of it as commissioner mode"

**Edit**
It was actually Rob Jones himself in the interview who confirms trade override options. Here's the quote

Quote:
You have two different settings for trades, with trade logic and trade frequency being listed. Will the trade logic and frequency settings be a slider? Can you elaborate on the extremes of each setting?

Trade Logic is simply an On/Off. When turned On, users will have the ability to turn the Trade Deadline on/off, turn Trade Override on/off, turn CPU Trades on/off, turn on CPU-CPU Trade Approval (think commissioner mode here), and the ability to turn Financial Trade Rules on/off. This last one is great for people who struggle to make trades work due to the complexities of the NBA collective bargaining agreement, as the requirement of the salaries to match can simply be turned off. Trade Frequency is a slider that allows you to tune the number of trades you see in a given season. Additionally, there is another slider called Trade Negotiation Difficulty. If you think the CPU is too lenient on trades (or too stingy), the ability to tune the mode to your likings is now at your fingertips. Trading in MyLEAGUE is more robust than ever before.

Last edited by clipperfan811; 08-13-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #806
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Really really liking the injures 2.0. That seems like a very ingesting aspect to the mode.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #807
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not even a b-ball fan and I'm excited to get this game. Always been a 2k fan but football enthusiast. But this.... Real great work 2k, can't wait for release.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #808
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

I would love to see an update of the potential rating.
  • I'd like to see it affected if a player sustains a major injury.
  • I'd like to see it rise if a player has a breakout year statistically
  • I'd like to see it drop if a player has an off year statistically

I'd also like to see 3 separate potential ratings:
  • Early career ages 19-24
  • Mid career ages 24-28
  • End career ages 28-retire

This would allow players to have NON-LINEAR development paths. You would have guys like Stephon Marbury come into the league with a high early career potential rating but low end career rating - so they would flame out of the league. You would also see players like Jamal Crawford come in who have low early career potential who start to get better each year.

One of the things I really don't like about the traditional Association mode is that once you figure out a player's potential rating, you can pretty much guess exactly how good he is going to get. This makes scouting players really not important at all.

Add some variability, and now I'm really interested in watching my player's development.

By the way - these updates have been DYNAMITE!!! I'm pumped. Thanks to 2k for genuinely listening to the community!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »