Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

That is true of just about any game....massive hype...then nothing for awhile...then massive hype before launch, everyone thinks this game is "the one", game releases and there's a honeymoon phase, the everyone starts ripping it, then people over analyze what they need to do for the sequel, then those who enjoy it actually play it while half of the folks abandon it and the other half head to OS to criticize it.

Then the sequels announced and you can rinse and repeat. Only difference with Madden and other games is the special hate for EA and the tiresome complaining about the NFL exclusive license.... Dead horse meet stick..beat please..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #82
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikokai
You know what i look forward to?

Next year, when this exact thread will once again appear and we all get excited and hope for things to be better.

hey guess what? check out this thread from the last three or four years. read the comments.....

has anything really changed? just more free advertisement for madden.
So your hope is that next year there aren't three things that can be singled out to be excited about?
Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #83
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
So your hope is that next year there aren't three things that can be singled out to be excited about?
There should only be one thing that we get excited about... Madden 16.

When it comes to any of the hype building for Madden - they don't need help. I just wish I was excited about Madden 11-15 as I was for Madden 10. I have high hopes for the future of the game, but when I start seeing "Three Things" or "So and So's Tattoos" I just have to shake my head and try to stay optimistic.

It has become far too common for myself and others to become jaded by annually released games (Call of Duty, etc.).
Old 08-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #84
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8

When it comes to any of the hype building for Madden - they don't need help. I just wish I was excited about Madden 11-15 as I was for Madden 10. I have high hopes for the future of the game, but when I start seeing "Three Things" or "So and So's Tattoos" I just have to shake my head and try to stay optimistic.

It has become far too common for myself and others to become jaded by annually released games (Call of Duty, etc.).
It's a thread started by staff to start a discussion about what they are looking forward to. If that makes you shake your head as 'hype' then maybe Internet forums aren't your thing. You've now bumped the thread, and even gotten a reply from someone that wouldn't have been posted otherwise. You're now part of the hype, congrats.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #85
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8

I completely understand what your saying, like back in the day when the only way to get incremental early info on a game was through a magazine subscription, the biggest selling point of games was the actual retail game quality and word of mouth. Now in this era with 24 hour info just a click away, quality marketing trumps a quality product and that's not specific to goods or services either, it also applies to job interviews, dating, just social interaction in general for the most part. Perception > Reality, at least initially.

That's life though, we have to adjust to whatever new paradigm shifts occur and try to sift through all the hype to find any substance. One constant from back in the day still exists now though, that's "time will tell".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Well I'm excited as heck about Madden 15 and I don't care who gets butt hurt about it. I enjoyed and still enjoy Madden 25 and Madden 15 looks like that game with some big improvements.

If you don't like the fact some people still enjoy Madden then maybe the thread about things to be excited about the upcoming game isn't for you... What some folks call hype I call optimism..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #87
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Well I'm excited as heck about Madden 15 and I don't care who gets butt hurt about it. I enjoyed and still enjoy Madden 25 and Madden 15 looks like that game with some big improvements.

If you don't like the fact some people still enjoy Madden then maybe the thread about things to be excited about the upcoming game isn't for you... What some folks call hype I call optimism..
Not really sure who this post was directed at, if anyone but to avoid any misinterpretation, what I was referring to in my post was the difference between excitement in anticipation of something versus whatever impression of the actual something. Like there have been countless movies I was excited about based on the trailers and info prerelease but all that was moot once I got to see the actual movie, whatever my impression of it at that point, was based solely on the actual movie.

It's possible to be both excited about improvements being touted for Madden 15 and apprehensive about their actual implementation. That doesn't mean anyone has a problem with those that are able and willing to enjoy the game for what it is, no matter what, more power to them, imo.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not really sure who this post was directed at, if anyone but to avoid any misinterpretation, what I was referring to in my post was the difference between excitement in anticipation of something versus whatever impression of the actual something. Like there have been countless movies I was excited about based on the trailers and info prerelease but all that was moot once I got to see the actual movie, whatever my impression of it at that point, was based solely on the actual movie.

It's possible to be both excited about improvements being touted for Madden 15 and apprehensive about their actual implementation. That doesn't mean anyone has a problem with those that are able and willing to enjoy the game for what it is, no matter what, more power to them, imo.
It wasn't really directed at anyone in particular to be honest, just addressing the tone of this thread and yes I certainly see your points in your last paragraph and agree with them...

I'm just tired of every thread in here, even ones implicitly stated as a "here are the positives" turning into a Madden or EA bash-fest basically...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »