Home

NBA 2K15 Videos - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (Off-Screen Footage from Gamescom)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Videos - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (Off-Screen Footage from Gamescom) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Here's the issue with the size of the court that didnt change (surprise no. 1) - On the first possession, you look toward the nearest corner, there's a double on the post player while the defender is standing 2 ft away from the man standing at the corner spot. That's an issue by default. Imagine it in MyCareer.

EVEN IF players move slower (No chance, speed has been an issue for YEARS) it doesnt really matter because you're already in the vicinity of two players in two different spots on the floor.

Overall it looks largely the same. Doesnt have to be such a bad thing. Could mean they focused on other aspects to sure up.

Glad we've seen some gameplay, now we're not at the mercy of 2k playing their tease game. We've seen a game that looks largely similar, nuances be damned. Show me otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #82
Banned

KingofATL's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Any idea if it's the console version ?

They upgraded the court resolution, toned down the crazy reflections. That's great. The court looks really good.

Animations wise it almost has a Live ish feel to me. Looks very different. I like that player's speed has been reduced. I like the pace.
I have to agree here....

- To me it does seem to have some NBA Live-ish movements going on. I noticed some sliding still going on. And seemed like the A.I. was not playing defense at times. But that could be because the guy was playing on easy or pro settings. I did like the slowed down, simulation pacing of the game. Game was waaaaay too damn fast in previous versions. Overall, gameplay definitely needs work still.... seems to still play like last years PS4/XB1 version of the game. And that's not a good thing. (Yes.... I am mindful it is an early build)

- One of the first things I did notice was the court, it is more crisp and less cartoony. More realistic and less glossy.

- Player models look to have been redone as well. Hard to tell to what extent from this short video though. But I will say they look more slim down like real NBA players and less bulky as in previous years.

- Very glad to see cheerleaders back in the game. But I agree there need to be waaaaay more camera men on the baseline. Just makes it more realistic to me. No way there would ever only be like one or two on the baseline.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #83
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs (Off-Screen Footage)

Was hoping they would do more in regards to court spacing/player model size, it seems I'll have to adjust those again in my rosters. Oh wells, I'm used to it.

Good to see the timeout situation on the overlay in right corner, just hoping that they added individual fatigue/fouls back to the quick sub menu. Don't know why that was taken out in the first place.

Overall looks solid, as usual. Still day 1 buy for me.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #84
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
- Player models look to have been redone as well. Hard to tell to what extent from this short video though. But I will say they look more slim down like real NBA players and less bulky as in previous years.
True. I think that plays a part in my Live ish feel. 2K players model where more bulky in the past. I like that they made em slimmer.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #85
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Those passing animations were sexy. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play team ball and work it around the perimeter just like the real Spurs(the speed at which the ball moves on the skip pass was on point as well).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #86
Banned

This is like "NBA2K 14.5" Just have to play and feel it for myself.
1.The animation for players sprinting when using turbo still looks stiff.
2.The pass animation to the corner from Patty Mills to Belinelli, looks quick and sweet
3. and the kid playing didn't do justice to the game lol

Last edited by Kaynogamez; 08-13-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #87
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
How long does it really take to learn a jump shot? Like really? Lol.

Some people are a bit over dramatic with certain things. You can pretty much learn 95% of player jump shots by taking them to practice for two seconds. The rest just have the weirdest button releases.

You don't have to be some hard core gangsta 2k player to figure out how to get someone's release in previous games.
perhaps you missed the fact that most casuals don't use practice mode for jumpshot releases therefore they have to install mechanics to make it easier for them to pick up and play

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #88
Banned

I have no interest in the my ps4 version anymore know now that it coming to the pc.

Great news 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »