Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #73
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I wonder if they could code it that a pass inaccuracy is more likely to happen on a 4th down in a position that would be foolish to go for it in the real NFL. I am not talking about 4th and 1 from the opp 40. I am talking about 4th and whatever on your own side of the field in the 1st half, etc.
You mean all the "miracle" 4th and 30 hail mary plays that get converted on the regular? That would be very interesting and also force people into playing the game correctly (i.e. utilizing special teams).
Old 08-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #74
Just started!

WillGL9's Arena

OVR: 0
Ok, all of these new features sound great, and im sure they will be, but this is madden and these new little tweaks and additions are expected in every new game. Since it is the first full year of having next gen I was expecting some big changes. Just look at NBA 2K15, there big new addition to next gen was MyLeague, and last year they completely re did the MyCareer mode and made it amazing(yes it had some growing pains) but what i'm trying to basically say is that other games are re doing there game modes or adding new ones, while Madden is just making small tweaks. I know I will still love the game when I play it, but this is next gen and they had loads of things to add and ideas from the community that they didn't add.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #75
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I wonder if they could code it that a pass inaccuracy is more likely to happen on a 4th down in a position that would be foolish to go for it in the real NFL. I am not talking about 4th and 1 from the opp 40. I am talking about 4th and whatever on your own side of the field in the 1st half, etc.
I would hate this. If the game is programmed and balanced properly, then the cheap moves like this would de-incentivize themselves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #76
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I would hate this. If the game is programmed and balanced properly, then the cheap moves like this would de-incentivize themselves
I would only like this if it was tied to the awareness rating for user controlled QBs. I've being trying to figure out a way that awareness could still end up mattering for user controlled players at all positions, and for QBs I was thinking maybe it could affect throwing trajectories or something to do with accuracy of QBs.

Basically I'm just hoping to one day get rid of the "this guy has 20 awareness but has 95 speed so I just user him" thing.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

It's hard for me to get too excited about Madden because I just don't like the direction they went in with the off field stuff (CFM).

But there are some gameplay changes, that if work correctly, could be exciting.

QB inaccuracy
Defensive AI

Could really be positive changes in gameplay.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I would only like this if it was tied to the awareness rating for user controlled QBs. I've being trying to figure out a way that awareness could still end up mattering for user controlled players at all positions, and for QBs I was thinking maybe it could affect throwing trajectories or something to do with accuracy of QBs.

Basically I'm just hoping to one day get rid of the "this guy has 20 awareness but has 95 speed so I just user him" thing.
Yes, that's always been an issue in Madden....
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #79
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

I've long been advocating for QB AWR to be a passing accuracy modifier according to pass rush and situation pressure. I compare it to the way good defense in a basketball video game can effect the accuracy of a shot attempt. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...47&postcount=2

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...79&postcount=4

Also I think I heard Rex claim in that stream that pressure, ie defenders bearing down, effects pass accuracy yet I didn't see that represented in the game play. Either way, I doubt that is in anyway linked to QB AWR but it should be, imo.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #80
Rookie

Jerikokai's Arena

OVR: 5
You know what i look forward to?

Next year, when this exact thread will once again appear and we all get excited and hope for things to be better.

hey guess what? check out this thread from the last three or four years. read the comments.....

has anything really changed? just more free advertisement for madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »