Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #769
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

With the amount of customization options 2K has given us, everyone should be happy with this! For the guys that like to replicate the NBA season exactly, you can do it. For us would be commissioners who think the CPU completes some absolutely ridiculous trade deals, we can block them.

Choosing draft class quality from year to year, how often blockbuster trades happen and everything else in between, this is a basketball fans dream mode and as long as there are no groundbreaking bugs, this is really reason for all of us to celebrate.

We can finally play our Association the way we want it. Has a player been playing above expectations all year, edit his rating to reflect that. This really is a brilliant move by 2K. Just when we thought they had given up on listening to their fans, they show us they still care by doing this. They really proved they listened to all us crazy Association guys feedback from last year.

All I can say is bravo 2K, bravo.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #770
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Good feedback so far in the thread. We're enjoying the comments.

Yesterday we added the ability to customize Player Ambitions (Loyalty, Play For Winner, (need for) Financial Security) to whatever you like in the Edit Player feature.

Keep the ideas coming.
I know in the initial interview we learned that there was morale difficulty, but I was wondering if you could simply reset a players morale if needed?

For example, in real life IF Ray Allen signs with Cleveland and doesn't even really get any playing time to start the season, then he probably won't be upset. Especially, since they're likely saving him for late in the season and the post season. However, in past 2k games veteran players always just wanted to play or they would get upset. If we see someone like a Ray Allen or Chauncey Billups, etc with low morale can we just select improve their morale through a setting? And if not, would that be something that you guys could add in?

I plan on only controlling one (maybe two) team(s), so I'm mostly worried about the CPU teams players.

Thanks

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #771
Banned

OVR: 0

One thing that was bad in 2k14 is if a player had his morale drop down to 0,and demanded a trade, etc, yet had a player option in the offseason, he would come back the next year.

Happened with Ron Artest and nate Robinson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #772
Banned

OTCU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Please add this back. I used to love making older players a couple years younger to stay in the league longer. I hate when the older players retire after one season. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also have you guys ever considered adding simming quaters and intervening in games? I been playing since 2k5 and have never finished a season without simming games. A lot of us dont have time to play 82 games. With simming quaters it will be way easier to play a whole season.
idk if people realized this but they took it out so they could sell that 2k showcase thing and after they saw what people did with the rosters in 2k11
Old 08-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #773
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
I think the buyout thing could be tricky and make things a bit unrealistic, depending on the minimum amount players will take for a buyout.

Also there would need to be some type of logic that makes those players take contracts that are lower than what they would normally get and it would have to be only a 1 year deal
It doesn't have to be that hard.

Logic should be tied to the player and team. If the player wants to win a ring he will seek a buyout to join contender. The team makes the trade to cut salary or get future pick or some young player especially when they know they have to play a bigger player to long term deal (Lance).

Teams makes trades to get salaries to match up and to get a future pick and cut salary for players that only have one year left on their deal or they have no intention on paying for cap reasons, or because they have minutes they need to give to younger talent or they are tanking

Granger: Knee injury they had Paul George at SF(same position) and Lance was due money at the time. They knew they were not paying Granger so traded for Turner cheaper option and no injury history (injury 2.0).

Butler: Was waived by the Bucks why because they are either tanking or wanted to develop the young players
Old 08-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #774
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
It doesn't have to be that hard.

Logic should be tied to the player and team. If the player wants to win a ring he will seek a buyout to join contender. The team makes the trade to cut salary or get future pick or some young player especially when they know they have to play a bigger player to long term deal (Lance).

Teams makes trades to get salaries to match up and to get a future pick and cut salary for players that only have one year left on their deal or they have no intention on paying for cap reasons, or because they have minutes they need to give to younger talent or they are tanking

Granger: Knee injury they had Paul George at SF(same position) and Lance was due money at the time. They knew they were not paying Granger so traded for Turner cheaper option and no injury history (injury 2.0).

Butler: Was waived by the Bucks why because they are either tanking or wanted to develop the young players
But what if kobe wanted to win a ring? He's over age, was injured, big contract.

Basically, things can get a bit tricky
Old 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #775
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
But what if kobe wanted to win a ring? He's over age, was injured, big contract.

Basically, things can get a bit tricky
LeBron, Durant, Kobe are superstars they are only getting traded in a blockbuster trade as they should mean a lot to the team losing them.
You have to have 25Million in assets/salary to trade Kobe to even make it worth while. Superstars also stand to lose much more money not signing with a team.

SimBaller,

Are "No Trade" options in the game Kobe has a no trade clause
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #776
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Another thing, Simballer.... I guess this is me wondering if this is in and also suggesting that it should be in if it's not.

I was actually a big fan of Next Gen 2k14 and am still playing it today actually. One thing that hurt MyGM the most (imo) was that big name Free Agents typically waited to sign which resulted in them either going to small market team or a signing contract that was well below their market value.
When in reality they should dictate the market and be the first ones gone.

I know that you guys adjusted the logic so that the FA's now look at others thing, like playing for a winner, before signing and that now we have control over this (if we so choose). However, I was wondering if there was any logic added to make sure that the Lebron's of the world sign first and if not is that something that you guys could look in to?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 08-12-2014 at 02:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »