Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #761
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
My god. So I never got the game last year but I love what they tried to do with MyGM--but I HATED the idea of VC playing a role in something such as changing a lineup. If they really created this mode well and shared all of the features into both game modes, this will be awesome because the MyGM mode is going for a completely different style of play than the MyLeague crowd. Im really really excited that they not only are blowing out MyGM with new features but that they will be created an awesome new game mode as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #762
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Good feedback so far in the thread. We're enjoying the comments.

Yesterday we added the ability to customize Player Ambitions (Loyalty, Play For Winner, (need for) Financial Security) to whatever you like in the Edit Player feature.

Keep the ideas coming.
Since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that it was a bit too late in the cycle to add pre-existing injuries that you'd mentioned earlier in the thread, no?

Either way, again, stellar work. I, as well as most of the people here appreciate the hard work you guys have put into what looks to be one of the best 2K's to come around in a while. Thank you.

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 08-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #763
Rookie

OVR: 3

Congratulations 2k, this will be the best sports game ever! I play basketball games for like 10 years now, and almost everything I want will be in this mode!

A quick question, we can change the age of the players? I mean, to have Kevin Garnett 20years old for example?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #764
Banned

Quote:

Yesterday we added the ability to customize Player Ambitions (Loyalty, Play For Winner, (need for) Financial Security) to whatever you like in the Edit Player feature.

Keep the ideas coming.

Now that that's done, I guess the next important thing would be to have dynamic team and coach profiles.

As mentioned in another thread, each team should have a goal for each season that is determined based on a few factors:

Team overall
Previous record
Team financial status

And others

Each season there should be teams that are looking to "win now", "develop players", "create cap space" and so forth. And these should be dynamic

So if a team is currently in "create cap space" mode, and unloads their worst long term contracts on a developing team (by giving them incentive to make the deal, aka picks since they are developing and want to get young talent), and then makes a big splash in free agency mode, they should move into the next goal (improve record over the previous year, make the playoffs, advance to X round, become title contenders, etc)

Teams should make their judgements based off their average team overall. If a team's average overall is 73 and they are over the cap and have a bunch of older players, they should be looking to get younger, create space and rebuild.

These should be dynamic. So we shouldn't see a team like the kings being in "develop players" mode for the next 80 years. Once a team finishes one phase, they enter the next, like a cycle.

So I think some kind of dynamic team building logic should be present.

The next thing would be coach attributes.

Certain coaches are known to make their teams defense better, take tom thibbedau for example. He is a known defensive coach, so he should be able to make his players better defenders.

He should give each player on his team +3 on ball, low post and defensive awareness

A guy like mike dantoni should be able to help his team become better offensively, so he would also give his team some attribute boosts.

In 2k we have always seen coaches with letter grades in offense, defense and potential, but did it ever really translate on the court? This would be the way to do it.

The absolute maximum boost a coach should give any attribute should be +5 and it should be limited to certain attributes, for example a coach shouldn't magically make his players faster, but he can make them better on either side if the court.

I would also like to see dynamic coach ratings. If my team finished top 3 in defense, I would like to see my head coach have a higher defensive rating than a C at the end of the season. Let coaches progress and decline just like players, but don't do it based on their age, do it based on how the team plays.

Utilize the team stats for a coach progression system.

Also, give us more assistant coaches, just like the real nba. No nba team has just two coaches, a head coach and an assistant coach. Give us the full amount of coaches that we see on the sidelines during an NBA game and also give them attribute bonuses, but put an "cap" on them so that they can never have as much of an impact as the head coach.

I'd love to hire an assistant coach who helps develop my big men by giving them +2 low post offense +2 close and +2 potential, etc.

For years and years coaches really haven't done much in 2k, this is a way to make them matter and make your hiring choices have an on court impact
Old 08-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #765
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Keep the ideas coming.
I am a big fan of the gameplan features and stats. Is there anyway to save game film or stats to use for later. Say you play a team 4 times two times they killed you doing something. Just to know how teams beat you so you can adjust your gameplan next time you play them. It would be nice if this is how the CPU is trying to beat you and we have access to the same data?

Do teams dump salaries at trade deadline by trade or otherwise?

Do players that get traded to a bad team seek a buyout of their contract if they join a bad team? Granger, Big Baby from last year. D. Fisher from a year or so ago.

Do teams switch goals on the fly say from trying to make the playoffs to tanking if injuries hurt team?

Last edited by stillfeelme; 08-12-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #766
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I am a big fan of the gameplan features and stats. Is there anyway to save game film or stats to use for later. Say you play a team 4 times two times they killed you doing something. Just to know how teams beat you so you can adjust your gameplan next time you play them. It would be nice if this is how the CPU is trying to beat you and we have access to the same data?

Do teams dump salaries at trade deadline by trade or otherwise?

Do players that get traded to a bad team seek a buyout of their contract if they to try to join a bad team? Granger, Big Baby from last year. D. Fisher from a year or so ago.

Do teams switch goals on the fly say from trying to make the playoffs to tanking if injuries hurt team?
I think the buyout thing could be tricky and make things a bit unrealistic, depending on the minimum amount players will take for a buyout.

Also there would need to be some type of logic that makes those players take contracts that are lower than what they would normally get and it would have to be only a 1 year deal
Old 08-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #767
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonGunne
A quick question, we can change the age of the players? I mean, to have Kevin Garnett 20years old for example?
Please add this back. I used to love making older players a couple years younger to stay in the league longer. I hate when the older players retire after one season. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also have you guys ever considered adding simming quaters and intervening in games? I been playing since 2k5 and have never finished a season without simming games. A lot of us dont have time to play 82 games. With simming quaters it will be way easier to play a whole season.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #768
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadTom
Wait did they really get rid of MyCareer?????
No they didnt. Dont know how you jumped to that conclusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »