Home

NBA 2K15 Soundtrack Revealed

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Soundtrack Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #41
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 Soundtrack Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1115
That bad boy is Day #1 mute for me otherwise I dig the soundtrack. I miss the days of these game soundtracks being progressive and discovering new music and artists through them, but this is the world we live in now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #42
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man I really really like this soundtrack...my only issue is that 2k cuts and butchers these songs so much so that they're G rated

Dangerous from Busta is my ****
Essentially have to if they want to keep their E rating, if they didn't censor you'd have none of these songs at all.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #43
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I went and created this playlist on Spotify and so far the mix of songs on this playlist is active! It should vibe well while we game. What's your favorite 2K soundtrack of all time? Mine is 2K10..
Old 08-12-2014, 01:05 PM   #44
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
I went and created this playlist on Spotify and so far the mix of songs on this playlist is active! It should vibe well while we game. What's your favorite 2K soundtrack of all time? Mine is 2K10..
Hard to pick one but the run from 2k10-2k12 is the pinnacle IMO. A healthy blend of genres, songs you've heard of, new artists, etc.

As a primary hip-hop fan 2k6 was great but I like hearing a few different genres which I felt 2k finally got right in the early 00s.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:15 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227
Hard to pick one but the run from 2k10-2k12 is the pinnacle IMO. A healthy blend of genres, songs you've heard of, new artists, etc.

As a primary hip-hop fan 2k6 was great but I like hearing a few different genres which I felt 2k finally got right in the early 00s.
Agreed. I'll always miss the eclectic group of up-and-comers mixed with some established folks. 2K's soundtracks used to serve as a sampler, where I could hear and listen to unique acts that were often out of my comfort zone, leading to new interests and appreciation.

That said, again, considering where we've stood with the soundtracks the past two years, I think this year's looks pretty solid by comparison. We'll have to see how quickly the familiar ones wear on me ("Personal Jesus", "That Thing", "Spiderwebs", "Dangerous", amongst others). In the very small amount of time I played 2K14, even after removing the tracks from the menu playlist, I was still ready to pull my hair out after hearing "Started from the Bottom" and "Not Afraid" during every break in on-court action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
It's ok. Sad there's no Nas, Em, thought Pharrell could have at least thought of Lupe Fiasco. Hell, even a Drake song like "Draft Day" would've made sense.
Why are you sad there's no Nas or Eminem? Can you even understand what they are saying with the game bleeping out every two words?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the point of putting rap music in an E rated video game. Idk about you, but I can't listen to a song where the game bleeps out everything that's said, it's pointless.

Exactly why I don't listen to the radio, censored music is terrible.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #47
OG

OVR: 19

I listened to the spotify playlist while playing The Show, and I actually like it. I was hoping for a bit more variety, but I think it turned out well.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #48
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227

Nice! I'll have to check out 2K6's playlist. I came on board the 2K wagon after a church mission so 2K10 was my first time after switching over from Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »