Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #65
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
No doubt ON PAPER, there are some legit improvements made to make M15 a better game. All the defensive improvements should help balance out a game that has been largely one sided in the recent past.

One thing I have learned however is to temper my excitement with this franchise. Like I said ON PAPER all these improvements to gameplay and presentation look great. They all will mean nothing though if they don't function correctly or consistently enough.

Hey I hope the improvements are the real deal for sure because if they are I have a feeling we are all in for a very nice game of football in a couple weeks.
I have learned that with all video games, you never know how any features are going to work until you have a chance to test them out yourself. Skyrim on PS3 is a great example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2
I am waiting to see if the AI has been improved to play a fair game win or lose on All-Pro.
Key issues I will be looking out for are:
1. CBs reacting to routes before Wideouts make their cuts.
2. CPU predetermining outcome of game at the beginning of the game. Specifically in previous years the AI was not that good so you would be stream rolling teams and say based on stats you have the best Defense in the league. There is always one game in that season (could be the superbowl) where you statistically have an inferior team yet that day your defense is clueless and your offense cannot execute any plays. If you restart the game 10 times you will get the same result. This is pre-defined outcome and it the worst kind of cheating. So I am hoping to see more fair contested games where the stats matter.
3. Will defensive line moves be over powered?
4. Will the run game be effective this year and will blocking behavior pick up obvious reads - IE guard pulls to lead run play but ignores the assignment and heads up field instead of sealing in the mic-backer.

Lastly I want to see how the new presentation holds up over multiple seasons. I like what I've seen so far and I hope it equals a FUN and intense game this year.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #67
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Where do you buy your games that they are charging you $10-15 over retail price???
sorry i was typing from my tablet for any kind of misspells that doesnt make sense

Why i pay 10-15$ over retail price was because i can never wait for the tuesday to arrive to play madden so basically the week before i go on a hunt around new york looking for the game and whenever i find it early they usually charge me extra and i have no problem paying for it, especially im not really strapped for 10-15 extra $ for something that i enjoy
Old 08-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #68
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
sorry i was typing from my tablet for any kind of misspells that doesnt make sense

Why i pay 10-15$ over retail price was because i can never wait for the tuesday to arrive to play madden so basically the week before i go on a hunt around new york looking for the game and whenever i find it early they usually charge me extra and i have no problem paying for it, especially im not really strapped for 10-15 extra $ for something that i enjoy
Impatience gets the better of all of us sometimes. I actually live in Thailand for work most of the year. You can usually find most games in the electronics markets a week early. All games here though are overpriced because they are all imported. Some Brand new games can cost as much as $80. The only good thing is they almost have the special editions of games for the same price.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #69
Rookie

Although I'm finally intrigued to buy Madden, I'm hoping the in-game experience has high replay value. Like will the commentary follow each season as they progress. Will the presentation hype up play off games and have rivalry stories that develops during the season. If I win the superbowl will that team be talked about as defending champs or will it be tired script?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #70
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Although I'm finally intrigued to buy Madden, I'm hoping the in-game experience has high replay value. Like will the commentary follow each season as they progress. Will the presentation hype up play off games and have rivalry stories that develops during the season. If I win the superbowl will that team be talked about as defending champs or will it be tired script?
They did mention in one of the streams that some of that stuff would be in the game but were vague on specifics. For me replay value comes from wanting to see my team I build progress from year to year. I want to see that young QB I drafted connect with the young WR I drafted and become the most dangerous combo in the league. I usually end up muting the commentary by year 2 and listening to music or sports talk radio.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #71
Just started!

I do like madden, but the game play is still very jerky. I thought by now EA would have made a transition to a smoother gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #72
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I wonder if they could code it that a pass inaccuracy is more likely to happen on a 4th down in a position that would be foolish to go for it in the real NFL. I am not talking about 4th and 1 from the opp 40. I am talking about 4th and whatever on your own side of the field in the 1st half, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »