Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Have they said anything about fixing the sim stats for qb's? I don't want to see Tom Brady finishing the season with a 65 quarterback rating with 17 td's and 23 int's again
Old 08-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #498
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

I'm with Bucky on this. Schemes that change OVR drastically , but have little impact on how the player does on the field just confuse me. I know it's a video game, just tell me how good the players are in a neutral environment.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #499
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I'm with Bucky on this. Schemes that change OVR drastically , but have little impact on how the player does on the field just confuse me. I know it's a video game, just tell me how good the players are in a neutral environment.

Because it is not that simple. Suggs is a outside linebacker. So how good of a outside linebacker is he? Well that depends, if the defense is a 3-4 he is one of the best. But if you were running a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense he would be terrible.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #500
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
The point of schemes for the user is so you can see what players you want. If you prefer pass rush defensive ends they filter to the top. If you prefer run stopping though you can change it to that too. You wouldn't want most 3-4 ends to rush. So you want those guys lower down on the FA list. Its just based on personal preference. On defense it definitely matters more mostly with the d-line and linebackers since 3-4 are completely different than 4-3 defenses. And having the wrong personnel will definitely affect your performance or at least it should.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #501
Pro

OVR: 0

As far as schemes go, I like the concept, but I think it needs some work as far as the players and scheme settings are concerned. Is it possible there are bugs in it that they never worked out?

I have had players with a certain scheme that when I change my scheme to match theirs, their OVR went down. That's a little confusing to me. And in my current Chargers franchise, they are listed as a 4-3 defense. I have a 4-3 defense selected, but I STILL have 2 MLB's in the scheme settings. ?

And my biggest frustration with schemes is the CPU not changing their schemes to match their personnel, or change their player positions to better suit the player. Their was a player in my Chargers franchise that was listed as a DE, but changing him to any DT saw his OVR jump into upper 70's or low 80's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #502
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I don't like XP, but I like the idea of incorporating schemes if they are somewhat realistic and have a meaningful purpose.
Ditto.
Personally I hate XP as well as ratings.
My wish is to one day have a game where there are no visible ratings other than the ones that are measurable from physical motions.
Strength, speed, accel etc...

The other things like catch in traffic, fumbling, awareness etc... I want to come from what we see on the field through a robust combine, training camp and pre season.
Give us that and I'd venture to say anyone would think preseason is a waste.

Let me and my coaching staff earn our money.

#HideTheRatings

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-10-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #503
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Because it is not that simple. Suggs is a outside linebacker. So how good of a outside linebacker is he? Well that depends, if the defense is a 3-4 he is one of the best. But if you were running a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense he would be terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The point of schemes for the user is so you can see what players you want. If you prefer pass rush defensive ends they filter to the top. If you prefer run stopping though you can change it to that too. You wouldn't want most 3-4 ends to rush. So you want those guys lower down on the FA list. Its just based on personal preference. On defense it definitely matters more mostly with the d-line and linebackers since 3-4 are completely different than 4-3 defenses. And having the wrong personnel will definitely affect your performance or at least it should.
But that has to be reflected on the field in production, and I'm not seeing that with my GBP players. There has to be some kind of performance penalty on the field for someone playing out of their scheme. Just making an overall go up or down doesn't make any sense. The performance on the field also has to reflect it.

I'm not seeing it. Especially at RB, QB, WR, 3-4 DT. If Boyd is so bad for a 3-4 scheme, why is he so effective for me during the game. For schemes to matter, there has to be a performance penalty. If there is no performance penalty and the guy out of scheme performs just as well as the guy in scheme, then schemes don't really matter and are just cosmetic.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-10-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #504
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Then that's a ratings issue I would think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »