Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-10-2014, 12:48 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys have ever liked Madden..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:30 AM   #42
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys have ever liked Madden..
i actually think madden has done a great job building connected franchise. i thought madden 25 gave a really solid team building experiance, it had its flaws( corners and safeties with speed and agility in the 70s, the upgrading players taking way too long, etc) madden 15 looks like its made some great improvements. like we discussed before im just down on the gameplay
Old 08-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #43
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm excited about everything that has been announced so far with Madden 15. I've noticed my expectations in the beginning were in check because I didn't want to hype the game up. At this point I'm ready to play the game. It won't be perfect but I have a feeling that there will be a lot more positive grades and reactions to the game. I can't wait!
Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #44
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i actually think madden has done a great job building connected franchise. i thought madden 25 gave a really solid team building experiance, it had its flaws( corners and safeties with speed and agility in the 70s, the upgrading players taking way too long, etc) madden 15 looks like its made some great improvements. like we discussed before im just down on the gameplay
I am still undecided on the gameplay this year. I think we really need to see it with a good set of sliders to judge it accurately. If the pass inaccuracies and improved secondary/DL play work as advertised it could win me over. Especially if it means the end of 80-3 games against the CPU. I do like the addition of confidence especially after reading Shopmaster had one his tight ends having 3 bad games in a row and then start dropping passes he would normally catch. It could really create some great fluctuation from year to year just like the real life NFL.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #45
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I still want Total Control Passing:

In Madden 13 and Madden 25 as well as previous Maddens, I could not put the ball where I wanted. It is something that has killed Madden for me.

Example:

A WR is running an out route down the sidelines. The WR has the CB beat and has good separation. The SS/FS is overtop but will not have enough time to get there. In Madden, It has been impossible (for the most part) to put the ball in that window.

Either the CB will miraculously catch up to the ball (the ball should be faster) or the SS/FS will get there in time. Also, you just cant throw over the shoulder and away from DBs.

I hate to bring up 2K, but in that game I could put the ball wherever I wanted and away from DBs. I could even throw at a guys feet if I wanted too.

All I want from Madden (as well as the other additions) is Full control over where I can put the ball.
In past Maddens it was way overpowered to the point that you could change the receivers route using it. I've been saying this for years but Madden lacks contextual awareness such as back shoulder throw situations. The abs don't posses very much touch on the ball. Its either a straight bullet or a lob pass. I feel like with the triggers we could have much more control over how much touch we have on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 AM   #46
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

I'm cautiously optimistic about two things:

(1) Passing inaccuracy

(2) Outside run contain

I don't like how they say they solved outside run contain (should instead use gap assignments based on front/offensive formation and the play as it evolves), but I'm hoping it at least works.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:23 AM   #47
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

kicking and the punt arrow!
Old 08-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Dude madden has that, you can place the ball where you want by using the analog stick..
I knew someone would say this. Everytime I mention this about Madden someone chimes in. Yes I know about the left analog stick (I'm not a complete idiot ) but that isnt my point. My point is that in 2k5, and 2k8 the control over your passes is far superior to any of the lest analog stuff in Madden.

There are throws I can make in 2K that cannot make in Madden. Trust me on this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »