Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I completely disagree. Madden 25 on next gen has awesome gameplay, best I've ever seen in a game. Yes you get a wonky play now and then but overall it plays a great game of pigskin.
"Awesome gameplay" what a joke I guess you love it when yo can go 20 for 20 on pass attempts or when defensive ends can't set the edge or you can easily throw for 300 in the first half no matter what setting its on or what sliders you use madden is far from any sim football game the last good madden was back in the ps2 days have not made a good one since then. Like someone said earlier I'm not excited for it but I'm still going to buy it because it's the only football game to play. I've resorted to playing madden on PC and updating those rosters that's how bad madden has been. Let's all just pray madden 15 isn't just an updated roster from last year.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

Quote:
Originally Posted by btha1g
"Awesome gameplay" what a joke I guess you love it when yo can go 20 for 20 on pass attempts or when defensive ends can't set the edge or you can easily throw for 300 in the first half no matter what setting its on or what sliders you use madden is far from any sim football game the last good madden was back in the ps2 days have not made a good one since then. Like someone said earlier I'm not excited for it but I'm still going to buy it because it's the only football game to play. I've resorted to playing madden on PC and updating those rosters that's how bad madden has been. Let's all just pray madden 15 isn't just an updated roster from last year.
I guess not all of us are as awesome at Madden as you so we can actually enjoy it. To each his own!
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #35
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i just dont understand the logic here, madden has had awful gameplay for a while now. i could care less about presentation no matter how good it is if the gameplay is terrible
The logic is clearly stated at the end of my comment: it goes a long way to sustaining immersion. In the end, you don't have to understand; it's an opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinkBlackrose
I'm excited for the demo, but actually gonna sit this one out and run another season of 25. I'm waiting for more realistic coach mode (where you're not actually the QB, RB, Defense, Kicker and Punter) and really wanted CPU vs CPU back. It just feels like they are trying to force you to play the game the way they envision rather than letting you have your own experience with a well made product. I think I'm gonna put Madden on the same upgrade cycle as my phone...every other year. Looking forward to 16 where they may drop support for last gen and be able to totally focus on an awesome Next Gen game. I do like what I see thus far, but Ive got my sliders set on 25 to give me the same results Im seeing minus the "new" features...so I feel like I'd basically be paying for a graphical boost.
Ya I feel the same as far as them making you play the game their way! Why cant we just have a sick franchise mode with full control and full customization?? Looks like 2k might have got the hint; maybe if we are lucky Madden will follow suite? Fix the interface of the game, add back all the things they took out of the game from years ago, make it so we can do a sim style franchise like the old days plus cpu vs cpu with a nice tv broadcast style presentation and custom cams!

This years presentation looks blah to me; too much zooming in all the time
Grass looks nice (its soo pretty)
Game play will always be clunky
No Franchise Mode and CCM is missing way too much to be legit
The best thing about Madden is: that its the start of another football season!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #37
Rookie

darknmild's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i just dont understand the logic here, madden has had awful gameplay for a while now. i could care less about presentation no matter how good it is if the gameplay is terrible
Respect his opinion.... Alot of people like presentation
Old 08-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
I still want Total Control Passing:

In Madden 13 and Madden 25 as well as previous Maddens, I could not put the ball where I wanted. It is something that has killed Madden for me.

Example:

A WR is running an out route down the sidelines. The WR has the CB beat and has good separation. The SS/FS is overtop but will not have enough time to get there. In Madden, It has been impossible (for the most part) to put the ball in that window.

Either the CB will miraculously catch up to the ball (the ball should be faster) or the SS/FS will get there in time. Also, you just cant throw over the shoulder and away from DBs.

I hate to bring up 2K, but in that game I could put the ball wherever I wanted and away from DBs. I could even throw at a guys feet if I wanted too.

All I want from Madden (as well as the other additions) is Full control over where I can put the ball.
Dude madden has that, you can place the ball where you want by using the analog stick..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #39
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

OVR: 5

Random draft classes are a nice addition, a massive upgrade over the premade draft classes. But still can't edit drafts, and that makes me sad. Haven't decided yet if I'll buy. Probably wait till the reviews come out so I can wade through the hype and see what the reality is.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #40
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Random draft classes is the biggest upgrade for me. No more questioning draft practices of others in a CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »