Home

Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

I am actually really excited about the Game Prep/Confidence feature. If it works as advertised it could be a really cool feature. I like the idea of finally having a system where bad games count for something and a 45 point loss doesn't have the same end result as a 1 point loss.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Not excited. This series should have evolved to a point well beyond it's current state.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish595
i see what your saying but in my opinion, its the gameplay that allows them to cheese. if the game was more realistic the cheese wouldnt be as bad. there is absolutely no footplanting in next gen madden at all. sliding and ice skating galore. defensive players are stupid as hell. no one knows how to set the edge
I hear you...yeah some things can be fixed but stuff like going for it on 4th down from your own 10 in the first quarter is on the user not EA...people have to understand that a cheese free football is impossible to make.

It could be better though, I agree in that front..buts been getting better too as I think EA is aware of most of the issues..
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I hear you...yeah some things can be fixed but stuff like going for it on 4th down from your own 10 in the first quarter is on the user not EA...people have to understand that a cheese free football is impossible to make.

It could be better though, I agree in that front..buts been getting better too as I think EA is aware of most of the issues..
More or less a cheese free online game is impossible to make. It's all inherent on people playing the right way and we all know it doesn't matter what the title or genre is there is always "that guy".
Old 08-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #21
Rookie

I'm excited for the demo, but actually gonna sit this one out and run another season of 25. I'm waiting for more realistic coach mode (where you're not actually the QB, RB, Defense, Kicker and Punter) and really wanted CPU vs CPU back. It just feels like they are trying to force you to play the game the way they envision rather than letting you have your own experience with a well made product. I think I'm gonna put Madden on the same upgrade cycle as my phone...every other year. Looking forward to 16 where they may drop support for last gen and be able to totally focus on an awesome Next Gen game. I do like what I see thus far, but Ive got my sliders set on 25 to give me the same results Im seeing minus the "new" features...so I feel like I'd basically be paying for a graphical boost.

Last edited by MrPinkBlackrose; 08-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #22
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg

the problem is it hasnt been getting better quickly enough. i think madden just isnt where it should be, and there used to be something called fair play to prevent onside kicks and 4th down conversions, they need to have in option for that in matchmaking
Old 08-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinkBlackrose
I'm excited for the demo, but actually gonna sit this one out and run another season of 25. I'm waiting for more realistic coach mode (where you're not actually the QB, RB, Defense, Kicker and Punter) and really wanted CPU vs CPU back. It just feels like they are trying to force you to play the game the way they envision rather than letting you have your own experience with a well made product. I think I'm gonna put Madden on the same upgrade cycle as my phone...every other year. Looking forward to 16 where they may drop support for last gen and be able to totally focus on an awesome Next Gen game.
To be fair to EA they are the ones investing millions of dollars into the game, they kind of have the right to "force" you to play the game the way they see fit. It is no different than any other video game title, they all have a direction and vision that they see decide on. Some allow more freedom than others but it's still the companies vision.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
To be fair to EA they are the ones investing millions of dollars into the game, they kind of have the right to "force" you to play the game the way they see fit. It is no different than any other video game title, they all have a direction and vision that they see decide on. Some allow more freedom than others but it's still the companies vision.
And I get that....Im a bit of a control freak so if I spent so many man hours and millions of dollars I would cringe to see people just watching CPU vs CPU games....but I would not remove it as an option for those that it has always been there for in some effort to MAKE them earn XP or play online. And fine, you want this to be a role playing game...well then give me a real difference between the roles...In Owner Mode, you play the games...control the players...kick field goals....same in Coach Mode. Owners have the option to watch the team they put on the field play another team....Coaches call plays and the players execute. If you're gonna force me into role playing at least give me the right roles. It's a beautiful looking game so far and I like where its going, but if you're going to take the old Franchise Mode from me then you better replace it with something equally as good or better. I think they'll get there, but they will take their time and sale $60 upgrades yearly until then...especially since they have no competition.....ironically what the NFL is supposed to be about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »